PFF showing Kevin Peterson some love

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aubrey is the number 1 coach assistant to the assistant coach I don't want to lose. I hope he can be stashed back there coaching the DB's up until Wade decides to retire. Just soak up all that Wade knowledge and then he can take the reigns at Defensive Coordinator for a few years.

Edit: I don't want to lose Kromer either.

Kromer's really, really high on the protection list. Rams might even say no for an OC job with him. Top OL coaches are tough to find man, and he's been a huge part of our rise.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Thing of it is, I want to take either Mike McGlinchey (LT, Notre Dame) or Da'Ron Payne (NT, Alabama) in the first round. Then I focus on pass-rushing outside linebackers and possibly a backup running back and/or the offensive line. It helps that this is a very deep cornerback class.

If Da'Ron Payne is there at 32, the Rams should RUN to the podium with two guys, lest one trip.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Peterson started his first NFL game last week for the Rams.Originally entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent signed by the Chicago Bears (5/9/16).

Released by the Bears (8/30/16)…
Signed by Chicago (9/1/16)
Released by the Bears (9/3/16)
12/27/16- Added to the Rams practice squad
01/03/17- Signed by the Rams
09/05/2017- Signed CB Kevin Peterson to the Rams Practice Squad
09/16/2017- Signed CB Kevin Peterson to Rams master roster after terminating his Practice Squad contract
09/19/2017- Rams Waived CB Kevin Peterson
11/22/2017- Signed CB Kevin Peterson to Rams master roster after terminating his Practice Squad contract

Long rough road to make it in the NFL?

Not as tough as Jon Randle, but def not that of a 1st rounder...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Da'Ron Payne is there at 32, the Rams should RUN to the podium with two guys, lest one trip.

Donald / Payne / Brock

Good God almighty that would be a nightmare for opposing defenses. But I also think they can find a space eater for the NT position elsewhere and grab a top edge rusher end of round 1. Shutdown CB would also have enormous impact for us too.

Bottom line is let's make that defense elite.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll be honest: I've never expected much from him due to his lack of wheels and a seeming inability to play the ball. But it's really nice to add his play to the silver linings in that crappy @$$ loss to the whiners.
Peterson was definitely the only bright spot of wk 17 for me! Glad we have him!!

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I would think we will see several good outside corners drafted in this upcoming draft. Would you mind so much if Snead replicated what he did in 2012 & 2014 drafts when he drafted Trumaine Johnson with the 3rd rd pick & a EJ Gaines with the 6th rd pick???

Once the dust & mud clears out in Free Agency Snead stand a good chance to have big needs @ corner. The only returning starter Kayvon Webster corner has been badly damaged this past season with two major surgeries pending (Achilles/foot & shoulder reconstruction). to add to that Webster is a UFA in 2019.

Rams could have both RFA / 2018Troy Hill & the already signed for 2018 Kevin Peterson back as the 3rd & 4th corners on the Rams roster along with Dom Hatfield as the 5th ,but they will need two starting types in the worse way through the draft.
I wouldnt mind grabbing 2 corners in the draft, but unless tru takes less money we'll need a starter. Webster i'd like to keep, but like you said he's injury prone. May be able to work out a good deal bc of that. So Peterson may be able to work his way up the depth chart, if not possibly fighting for a starting job against our 2 new corners we grab. Troy Hill can stay back up and Hatfeild is no longer on the team, we swapped him with Isaiah Johnson i believe.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I wouldnt mind grabbing 2 corners in the draft, but unless tru takes less money we'll need a starter. Webster i'd like to keep, but like you said he's injury prone. May be able to work out a good deal bc of that. So Peterson may be able to work his way up the depth chart, if not possibly fighting for a starting job against our 2 new corners we grab. Troy Hill can stay back up and Hatfeild is no longer on the team, we swapped him with Isaiah Johnson i believe.

Presently the Rams have 3 corners under contract assigned to the practice Squad...Dom Hatfield, Marcus Sayles &
Taurean Nixon. Nixon was with Wade in Denver last season. Troy Hill for all purposes is our starter on the outside corner post with Trumaine Johnson. NR-C primarily plays the Nickle corner position. This Saturday we will see a ton of Troy Hill & Kevin Peterson due to the size of the starting WR's of the Falcons.The Falcons will try to run Jones in the slot on the under 5-8 NR-C. It will be interesting to see if the over 6-1 205 pound Cody Davis will be used in coverage a lot Saturday evening.Wade goes into the playoff with only 4 corners active...Trumaine, NRC, Troy & Kevin.

Next season Troy Hill will be 27 & will be entering his 4th season with over 27 NFL games under his belt & 8 starts so there is some experience available early in case Wade is forced to go with Webster & Hill as the starters with Peterson as his 3rd CB. If they do draft a few corners ... the rookies would not be forced into action too early.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Donald / Payne / Brock

Good God almighty that would be a nightmare for opposing defenses. But I also think they can find a space eater for the NT position elsewhere and grab a top edge rusher end of round 1. Shutdown CB would also have enormous impact for us too.

Bottom line is let's make that defense elite.

An elite edge rusher would be great, but I also think in a 3/4, you can find guys in the 6-3 250 range that can fill that role in the middle rounds. In fact that is one thing I like about a 3/4.... its easier to find those guys than pure DEs that rush the QB in a 4/3.