PFF RB Unit Rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm the Missouri contingent of Rock Chalk Jayhawk Nation in Columbia!

C'mon, Loyal, we all see through you. You wear black and gold every day you can. :p

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rose looks like a solid addition for the rotation/depth competition. Me likey.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
We'll see. I wonder who we cut. Xavier Jones, Raymond Calais, Jake Funk, those are guys who would play a huge role on a lesser team.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Screenshot_20220615-223209_Instagram.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Gurley was the true mvp in 2017 and would have be been the true mvp again in 2018 if his knee didn't give out on him during the chiefs game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I do think our run game has suffered to some extent due to the line. We haven't had the type of line that can dictate the run consistently. Could be related to some extent to the way McVay avoids contact to keep players healthy, but either way when this team faces strong fronts the run game generally evaporates. Super Bowl our run game got beat in the trenches for example, we got whooped in that phase pretty good.

Also I don't know that we'll ever have the type of run game that can consistently dictate to or threaten a defense, but in today's league it's not as important so maybe it doesn't matter. Rams will probably remain a team that passes to set up the run, at least as long as they have Stafford.

And the injuries have been crazy. I do think Akers could be special, but he suffered a serious injury so we'll see who he is this season. Henderson straight pisses me off, the guy is a mirage on the depth chart and there are parts of his game I am not a fan of.

So I have a lot of hope built up for Williams. Hoping he allows the Rams to phase Henderson out, i.e. relegate him to the RB3 role. If that happens maybe things start to look up for this unit.
I think that you use the 'special' label a bit lightly. Faulk was special. Gurley was special, Steven Jackson was special. I haven't seen anything from Akers to make me think he can attain that level of play.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think that you use the 'special' label a bit lightly. Faulk was special. Gurley was special, Steven Jackson was special. I haven't seen anything from Akers to make me think he can attain that level of play.
Fair point. Maybe better to say I still have hope for Akers. Whereas with Hendy I think we have seen what he is.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Looks more like a big WR used as a RB - than a true, traditional running back. But it’s a different RB world these days so maybe.

One thing I hated to see - celebrating his TD run 15 yards before even getting to EZ and ultimately getting caught at 5 due to that. Just an idiotic, self centered move. Hopefully that was a big learning opportunity for him.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I feel that Cam should not have come back last season. He came in and didn't do anything that Soni could have done. They should have waited to bring him back until 2022....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not surprising since it wasn’t a good year from our fun game for injury reasons.