PFF: Rams top free agent resigning should be Taylor Rapp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
I wonder how the Rams graded him. Morris knows his responsibilities and how much he was at fault in coverage. Coverage isn't his strong suit. He did seem a little more aggressive in attacking the run. Never really liked that he is an ankle tackler.

I don't see the Rams resigning Rapp unless he doesn't get offers or limited low offers.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I was a Rapper supporter until recently and Troy Reider opened my eyes to the value of a better player. Sure Wagner maybe a way better player but a better play can be had for Rapps spot. He is way too up and down. To slow in the middle of the field just ask SF why they like Troy so much lol.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rapp is a hit or miss tackler who should only play strong safety.

If the Rams need a Strong Safety that is good in coverage they won’t get one late in the draft without getting very lucky.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If Rapp would lay the lumber in every game the way he did in the closer, I’d forgive his coverage miscues. With that said, he doesn’t. Give me Scott.

dang

Legend
I guess I'm one of the only dudes here who actually likes Rapp. I like his energy and he never seems to quit or shy away from making plays. Every player on our D, including Scott and Ramsey have bad plays and sometimes take bad angles or have blown coverages. Is Rapp much worse than other starters around the league? I'm not so sure.
I’m with you 1963. Rapp is a valuable resource in certain situations and while he is very limited in pass coverage he’s a hard nosed player that attacks the ball. I’d keep him for a reasonable price but his limitations would keep me from paying him starter money.