PFF grades for preseason week 1 @ Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Anchrum held it down in the SEC with plenty of film proving he can play, so I have to think he is at the very least a solid backup. Not sure he's a starter though. Kromes thought he could compete for LT but of course he was fired and probably for the way he projected some guys with his heart instead of his head. Either way happy to see him show well and I'm not averse to them trying him at RG. It's hard to imagine he cannot compete with Shelton. And I like Shelton too, just moreso as a center.

It was cool to see Gervase getting a look at LB too btw. Weird too lol. But it's good to have someone challenging Hummel for that job so that he doesn't just win the ILB4 role by default. And it looks like he's giving him a run for it too, though I'd still opt for Hummel over him due to team control and his consistency in that defense he played in.
Ref Strong Safety/WSILB hybrid Jake Gervase .....I get the impression McVay really likes the ST effort along with the smartness JG plays with even though he has big limitations in his skills/Talent backpack as a defender. It would not surprise me again if JG once again earns a ILB spot on the PS this season.

There is a small mystery brewing in my brain cell with the roster status of MLB'er Christian Rozeboom. He was not injured nor is he a starter & we did not see him Saturday evening :wow2::thinking:. CR did suit up to play in 10 regular season games & the 4 playoff gms.... as a ST'mer. A clue?? This is CR's 3rd TC & preseason as a Ram!

Having a Strong Safety/WSILB'er type Taylor Rapp on the MR53 is there a big need for any other ILB'ers other than Wagner/ Jones/ Rozeboom along with versatile LB'er Justin Hollins? Are Jake Hummel & Anthony Hines sure long shots for an ILB PS position?

Ref. Tremayne Anchrum, 2021 TC & preseason Carberry was working him hard @ LT/RT & some RG. The fact was both times he injured that knee in the preseason which resulted in his loss for the 2021 season, TA was lined up @ RG. Right there was Alaric Jackson to replace TA. Right now we have them both working over pretty much the same OL posts what a luxury. Interesting.....AJ has NFL OT size & TA has NFL center size with LT arm length.

Been saying TA is our future starting LG (David Edward's replacement) in 2023. So it appears to me TA will be the Swing reserve OG with AJ being the Swing OT unless Bobby Evans beats out both of them off the roster.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
It really says something to go that long and not give up.
I like him of course since my son is a Spartan I may have some bias but Kolone just puts his nose down and does what's asked.
Thanks Boni:thumbsup1:

My home town. I used to work in downtown San Jose, just a couple blocks from the campus. Rooting for him and Snyder.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My home town. I used to work in downtown San Jose, just a couple blocks from the campus. Rooting for him and Snyder.

As a Rams Fan imo you really have to appreciate the hard work Kolone has put in over the years.
This is his 5 Rams training camp & as a Fan you can see how that has played out.He was less talented than Demby,but now he looks much more fluid than he ever has. Trimmed down & is showing he can get to the 2nd level now.
Jack Snyder is just what I call a footy player. He is smart & know what it going to take to be a professional player. He will stick in the NFL & at the least imo be a journey man & everything Kolone has been as a Ram.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Have you heard anything about Snyder?
I love San Jose, it is a great city. So much opportunity there.