Pead- ACL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambition

Rookie
i do feel bad for the guy. but maybe, as has been said about brodine's season-ending injury, it could end up that he might avoid being cut this season, yet have a better shot at a roster opening next season than he did for 2014.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Poor guy, I've never been a fan, always thought he should get cut to make room for someone else maybe a DB or WR - could we not try Greg Reid on KR duty?

xander47

Rookie
I really really hope Cunningham/Stacy are ready in pass protection. Bradford can't afford those unnecessary hits now that they've finally invested in the OL. Anyone remember S.Jackson completely eat up Willis to give Bradford time for a TD pass?

RamWoodie

Legend
this clears the way for michael sam to make the roster they need the special teams help
I don't think so.

The DLine is the one thing that's set if you ask me. Sam has the talent no doubt...but what most likely happens is the Rams use that spot for secondary help. They may keep 6 CBs now.

There's no room for Sam on the DLine...so the most likely scenario for him is the PS or another team. Westbrook clearly put a distance between he and Sam yesterday.

Ramathon

Stinks for Pead and for the Rams, even if he wasnt going to start at RB he was going to be significant on Special teams and looked like he had serious potential on kickoff returns.

Serious potential on KR? Really? I thought he showed serious potential to be perfectly....adequate. Nothing special.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What? How do the two correlate? Not even close. More like either another RB, DB or WR. Anything but Sam. The guy is a wedge guy at best, personally I don't think Sam can even play special teams. Pead is a gunner/returner.huge difference

It opened up a roster spot and I am certain Snead and Fisher want to keep Sam. They still have 3 RB's they can keep so adding one doesn't make sense to me, they have WR's so that wouldn't be a good plan, DB's maybe I could see them adding one, maybe.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Shame, this might have cemented his place as a cut from the Rams roster.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wouldn't say that. Folks like to pick on Givens...but miss one block and it's BURNER TIME!

I'm not picking on Givens but I got to ask this question; where has Givens speed gone?

I don't see him outrunning other players right now. I mean he's fast, but doesn't strike me as noticeably faster than anyone out there. Is his speed a little overstated - or - has he lost a step... somehow?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I read a while back that Ram players don't like Pead. After his radio view of being depressed, I can see how he's a downer. We're good at RB, I accept he's a bust and Snead chose him over Bobby Wagoner. Seahawks had a crappy draft, it's whatever.

Cut this guy, it's never been a better time. His injury can be the fall guy, ultimately, to the decision to those who may perceive it different. Its all good because we hit on guys like Stacy and Cunningham. We DID sure the RB position whether Pead was the reason or not. It's all good!! Now cut him. Maybe we can keep both Westbrooks and Sam, now.

Moving on

iced

I read a while back that Ram players don't like Pead. After his radio view of being depressed, I can see how he's a downer. We're good at RB, I accept he's a bust and Snead chose him over Bobby Wagoner. Seahawks had a crappy draft, it's whatever.

Snead was trying to recoup a 5th round pick back and figured wagner would still be there - he gambled, he lost, and Pead was their guy on the board at that pick. Not that he preferred Pead over Wagoner.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I wouldn't say that. Folks like to pick on Givens...but miss one block and it's BURNER TIME!

Yeah, I remember 2012, I think in the Jets game, Givens looked like a monster kick returner. Almost broke free on a couple. But maybe he's not even that same guy anymore, I don't know what his deal is.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
"It might have spooked him a little bit because when he came off the field, the doctors told him that he didn't hit anybody, wasn't tackled and he thought he was tackled," Fisher said. "It was just one of those non-contact, freak injuries that happen out there sometimes."

HE was hit by the infamous and elusive turf monster.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Snead was trying to recoup a 5th round pick back and figured wagner would still be there - he gambled, he lost, and Pead was their guy on the board at that pick. Not that he preferred Pead over Wagoner.

100% correct

It truly was a gamble that we lost. This is why we picked Alexabder where we did. The lesson has been learned, but the temptation lives on.