Pead- ACL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Chase Reynolds may have just cemented his place on this team. Pead was here mostly for ST coverage at this point. Reynolds does that better than almost anyone else on the team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm also thinking mason gets a really good look at KR next two games along with givens getting looks early
Could be. Pead certainly isn't irreplaceable at KR.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Anybody else missing that overrated, overpaid pos we have at MLB?

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I never thought Pead stood a chance at rebounding his career. But dang, I wish he at least got a shot at carrying the ball this preseason. He's probably done in STL, and this is just a terrible way to end it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That's always a horrible way to end a season, but it's especially bad for Pead. Hope he can make a full recovery.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Stinks for Pead and for the Rams, even if he wasnt going to start at RB he was going to be significant on Special teams and looked like he had serious potential on kickoff returns.

Side note this opens the door for the Tulane RB. Where was Chase Reynolds today?

Chase Reynolds was on every ST in the 1st half. Just as he always is. They are not going to keep Watts. This pretty much locks up a spot for a 10th DB.

RamBill

Legend
Isaiah Pead out with likely ACL tear
By Nick Wagoner |

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-isaiah-pead-likely-miss-rest-season-torn-acl

ST. LOUIS -- Although the St. Louis Rams don't have official confirmation yet, coach Jeff Fisher said after Saturday's game that running back Isaiah Pead likely will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL in his left knee.

"It appears that we've lost Isaiah with an ACL [tear]," Fisher said. "We'll have to talk to our doctors. It's unlikely that he has not torn his ACL, which is very tough for him. ... It's unfortunate that happened. So we'll just hope for the best as far as that's concerned."

Pead suffered the injury while returning a kickoff after Green Bay scored on the opening drive of its 21-7 win Saturday.

With less than 10 minutes to go in the first quarter, Pead took the kick down the left sideline where fellow running back Benny Cunningham had opened a hole with a big block. Pead appeared to trip as he attempted a jump-cut, the field grabbed hold of his foot and his knee buckled.

Pead was not tackled on the play, and Fisher suspected that he was caught off guard by the sudden opening.

"It might have spooked him a little bit because when he came off the field, the doctors told him that he didn't hit anybody, wasn't tackled and he thought he was tackled," Fisher said. "It was just one of those non-contact, freak injuries that happen out there sometimes."

Pead was in the process of returning from a fractured finger suffered earlier in camp. He had a pin inserted into the finger and was returning the kick primarily using his left hand after sitting out the preseason opener against New Orleans.

The Rams originally selected Pead in the second round of the 2012 NFL draft. He's posted 75 rushing yards and 94 receiving yards in two seasons.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Stacy (#1)-Cunningham (#2)- Mason (#3) plus most likely a solid good amount of Tavon Austin (#4) if Snead Stash Watts on the PS is there a very big need for master roster spot for a RB?

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Damn. I feel for Pead.

He might not have been in line for a lot of carries out of the backfield, but I was hoping he'd flash in those limited opportunities.

We'll have to wait another year to know if he's got a chance to develop.
Yep, I feel bad for him. Injuries are a part of Football, but he just couldn't catch a break. Hopefully he gets a good injury settlement and does well.

Ram4life11

Rookie
Feel bad for him, that KR was getting ready to be his best play as a pro before the injury occurred... He now has a major uphill battle...

CoachO

Hall of Fame
And for all of those who keep saying that Mason has the makings of a good 3rd down RB, did anyone see the total WHIFF on pass pro that lead to a sack? IMO, B. Cunningham just became the most important RB on this roster on 3rd down.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
And for all of those who keep saying that Mason has the makings of a good 3rd down RB, did anyone see the total WHIFF on pass pro that lead to a sack? IMO, B. Cunningham just became the most important RB on this roster on 3rd down.
Benny definitely has him beat as the 2 RB at this time. My point is that mason takes over as the KR. Givens looks ok but not sure he has the short area quickness needed. Certainly has the long speed but mase maybe the best option here or Benny perhaps

Ram4life11

Rookie
I honestly felt Cunningham was the best pass blocker of the RB's all along, hell probably 1 of the best blockers on the team... Did you see the block he made to open up the entire left side of the field for Pead on the kick return... He destroyed the guy

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I honestly felt Cunningham was the best pass blocker of the RB's all along, hell probably 1 of the best blockers on the team... Did you see the block he made to open up the entire left side of the field for Pead on the kick return... He destroyed the guy

Yes, but as for as blitz pickup, Pead was unquestionably the best RB on the roster. Emphasis now on WAS!!!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I was never a fan of Pead since day one but I never wanted to see him go down like this. His whole NFL career has been a series of unfortunate events. Wish him only the best but that's probably the last time he suits up as a Ram for sure.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
this clears the way for michael sam to make the roster they need the special teams help
What? How do the two correlate? Not even close. More like either another RB, DB or WR. Anything but Sam. The guy is a wedge guy at best, personally I don't think Sam can even play special teams. Pead is a gunner/returner.huge difference

Last edited:

RustyRay

Rookie
Chase Reynolds was on every ST in the 1st half. Just as he always is. They are not going to keep Watts. This pretty much locks up a spot for a 10th DB.

Great, I just couldnt remember seeing CR today. As far as who is kept and who goes I am looking forward to watching it play out over the next couple weeks.