Parameters in place for Kaepernick trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
:snicker:
I am not a fan of this. Would seem to make SF in market for draft day QB.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...er-broncos-progressing-trade-colin-kaepernick

San Francisco and Denver have the parameters of an agreement in principle on a trade for quarterback Colin Kaepernick, sources said, but before any deal can be completed, Kaepernick and the Broncos have to agree on a restructured contract. So far, the two sides have not been close.

Kaepernick and the Broncos will continue to talk and try to bridge their contractual differences, sources said.

Kaepernick is due to make $11.9 million in base salary this season and has a $15.9 million salary cap hit for 2016. The Broncos want a much friendlier cap number and contract and need to see whether they can get it.

Brock Osweiler to the Houston Texans in free agency, has long been linked to Kaepernick and has reportedly envisioned him competing with the recently acquired Mark Sanchez.
I don't know which I prefer seeing, Kap being Mopped-up by our "D" or the idea of the 49ers starting a rookie QB against our "D"!!:D:rolllaugh::snicker::shades:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look how aggressive Denver has been in filling their QB needs. We are in the same position and have done apparently nothing. Mannion is an unknown commodity outside of the building and maybe he's their plan but somehow I doubt it.
If we are moving up in the Draft for Goff or Wentz, would you really know anything one way or the other at this point? They (Broncos) are flailing, in my book....I wouldn't want Butt Fumble or Mr Kiss His Biceps wearing horns..

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If the Rams want Wentz they have to move up to #1. If they want goff they need to get #3. Nothing will convince me the Cowboys don't take a qb at #4.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If you ever become GM of the Rams I will constantly remind you that you are Canadian and only do it doggy style so you can both watch the hockey game on TV.

Redefines so many phrases...

Scoring from the blue line...
Two minutes for hooking...
Offsides...
Playing a friendly...
Can't score against a firm backstop...
Foul for high sticking...
Stretching the net...
Getting in the crease...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

If the Rams want Wentz they have to move up to #1. If they want goff they need to get #3. Nothing will convince me the Cowboys don't take a qb at #4.

I agree that they SHOULD, but i don't think they will because they're in perpetual win now mode under Jerry Jones.
Goff doesn't help them right now.
Not trying to convince you though....because i can't do that :)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I am in the same boat.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Wrong, they are not in the same position as we are. They have a better defense even with their FA losses and better skill players and OL. They proved last year that they can get to playoffs/SB with mediocre QB play. Kap in this style of offense can be above average.

We need to stand pat at 15 (or move up slightly) and see who falls to us. Remember there is a lot of disagreement as to the actual rankings of the top 3 QBs. We can get one of them from 10 to 15.

Lastly with this move (if/when it happens) SF can go get anyone the want (QB) easier than the Rams.

Wow strong words from a computer superman, I think you're wrong. Did I even mention our defense, tough guy? NO We are in the same situation with regard to the QB position (please focus). Sanchez and or Kap are far better than at least 2 of the QBs currently on our roster, that's a fact. We have done nothing to address it. That was the point of my post.

It will be a mistake to take any QB other than one of the top 2 the third is no better than Mannion and the only one worth coaching up is Jones from OSU.

I also differ with you in that their defense is better than ours. Ours is on the field way too much each game because the offense is so inept and that leads back to the initial point.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wow strong words from a computer superman, I think you're wrong. Did I even mention our defense, tough guy? NO We are in the same situation with regard to the QB position (please focus). Sanchez and or Kap are far better than at least 2 of the QBs currently on our roster, that's a fact. We have done nothing to address it. That was the point of my post.

It will be a mistake to take any QB other than one of the top 2 the third is no better than Mannion and the only one worth coaching up is Jones from OSU.

I also differ with you in that their defense is better than ours. Ours is on the field way too much each game because the offense is so inept and that leads back to the initial point.
Seriously? Chill out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Redefines so many phrases...

Scoring from the blue line...
Two minutes for hooking...
Offsides...
Playing a friendly...
Can't score against a firm backstop...
Foul for high sticking...
Stretching the net...
Getting in the crease...
Hockey? I think that is a soccer term and everyone knows that you only do 69 to a soccer game because you'll be doing the only scoring so why watch the game?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Look how aggressive Denver has been in filling their QB needs. We are in the same position and have done apparently nothing. Mannion is an unknown commodity outside of the building and maybe he's their plan but somehow I doubt it.
Clearly our definitions of aggressive are different. They lose their #1 option at QB by not paying him, then sign Mr. Buttfumble, and now are trying to get Krap if he'll reneg on the cheap. Meanwhile, it's not like they lost their QB because they were making sure to keep other top FAs.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I get a lot of Whiner news Whiner ass-kissing, propaganda and crying on the radio around here so they talk about it all day.
Sorry as a fellow life-long resident of the SF Bay Area -- a/k/a home to the worst sports media & fans in the universe -- I had to correct that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry as a fellow life-long resident of the SF Bay Area -- a/k/a home to the worst sports media & fans in the universe -- I had to correct that.
Hehe being in Reno I don't get the full effect of them but I get enough to know you're absolutely right.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, but we can't speak to the turd part. And... Outside of 2015 I'm not sure the underachiever part applies either.

I have always picked on Kaeperdick. But, I'm not sold he's a bum.

Yet. :sneaky:

There were reports that he wasn't popular with a lot of teammates, of course "reported" sometimes means "reportermadeup" in today's journalism. thanksinternetyoufuckedupqualityreportingtoo.

Supposedly that was a part of the reason he was benched.

Mebbe you can make a case that he doesn't totally suck, but I think as Rams fans our QN lens has been so fucking dirty and fogged up we would look at his 2013 and 2014 seasons and say "yeah I'd take that" even though it was very average and he has been slowly dropping off. I think last year he went from circling the drain to down it..........

I wish they would keep him..........

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hockey? I think that is a soccer term and everyone knows that you only do 69 to a soccer game because you'll be doing the only scoring so why watch the game?

You play friendlies in hockey. It's just not as common as soccer, maybe. It's much more common during Olympic years.