GAME DAY Packers at Rams - Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I read a stat recently that the Rams spend the least money in the NFL on defence, and that the team that spends the 2nd least, spends almost double what the Rams do. I know it is an offensive league. But that is not enough money allocated to D. I am not sure if Shula is the answer but you are putting him at a huge disadvantage with cap allocation like that.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
Leta big pass play happen when 3 guys are around him and a rb who STOPPED at the line, REVERSED direction and still got it in before we could close on himm..>This defense is terrible, IDK if its player's or Shula's scheme. But it all sucks!

WTF was Roseboom down there in coverage????

Tano

Legend
Leta big pass play happen when 3 guys are around him and a rb who STOPPED at the line, REVERSED direction and still got it in before we could close on himm..>This defense is terrible, IDK if its player's or Shula's scheme. But it all sucks!

WTF was Roseboom down there in coverage????
That too.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
I read a stat recently that the Rams spend the least money in the NFL on defence, and that the team that spends the 2nd least, spends almost double what the Rams do. I know it is an offensive league. But that is not enough money allocated to D.
On defense, the Rams are only spending $44.1 million this year, by far the lowest amount in the league. The next-closest team is the Chiefs, who are spending $75.1 million – a whopping $31 million more than the Rams.

Source: https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2024/08/29/rams-defense-spending-salary-cap-nfl/

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Our defensive line is getting great penetration on pass plays but our secondary might as well be school children.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This may be the dumbest team ever.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
On defense, the Rams are only spending $44.1 million this year, by far the lowest amount in the league. The next-closest team is the Chiefs, who are spending $75.1 million – a whopping $31 million more than the Rams.

Source: https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2024/08/29/rams-defense-spending-salary-cap-nfl/
Yikes. Yes, that is what I saw. Not enough money on defense really. Hard to evaluate Shula when the deck is stacked against him like that.

When we lost Donald the immediate response should have been to bring in *someone* in the front 7 on the more veteran side to help the young guys on defence along. Instead we traded away EJ for scraps with Reeder and Rozeboom behind him on the depth chart...

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The rams have had guys right there to make plays all season and no one will make the plsy. No playmakers on D

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I just pray our offense shows some life. That was what the plan was, wasn’t it?