GAME DAY Packers at Rams - Game Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Didn't see this team being swept by the NFC North on anyone's pre-season predictions.
Undefeated Vikings coming up.

NFC West might just have one playoff team the way things are going.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I get it but we rely too much on the default excuses we have used them all up. I just think our coaching has a lot issues and so does McVay. Bottomline Memento we had this game in the bag. We had our Run game our D was fired up after the pick 6 and we managed to fizzle out. No continuity.

I agree. We had this game won, and lot of the errors were unforced (the Karty extra point miss, the bad call on the two-point conversion, the secondary being horrendous). But the fact that our offense was relying essentially on third/fourth/fifth stringers didn't help. The reffing crew failing to call numerous pass interference/defensive holding/roughing the passer calls didn't help.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
GB had players out also. I am tired of hearing the excuses ie. Refs or injured players.
It's not excuses. If we had Kupp and Puka on that last drive are you telling me they couldn't have imposed their will? Whittington, a rookie, was pulling the weight. Hate to say it, but when shit gets tough, that's where your stars show their worth. Also refs fuckin up calls always impacts a game. This team already has enough trouble getting out of its own way.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I've been busy today and didn't watch most of the game. I saw the end of it. Say what you will, but we're paying Stafford a lot of money. He made multiple mistakes on that final drive that cost us. The biggest mistake was missing a wide open Tutu on that drag route. With the blitz on and Tutu's speed, he may have housed a good pass. At minimum, it's a big play. Yes, Stafford was under pressure, but he's paid to make that throw.

No, I'm not saying the loss falls on him. I'm not saying he has a great supporting cast. I am simply saying that if this team is go anywhere this year (feeling more and more doubtful that we do), he is going to have to elevate it. On that drive, he didn't.
100%. He was unreal against Detroit. You won't get that every week but we need him to put this team on his back and play a lot closer to that, than how he has been playing lately. Maybe he is hurt, who knows, he has taken some hits.

InfiniteRam

Rookie
I've been busy today and didn't watch most of the game. I saw the end of it. Say what you will, but we're paying Stafford a lot of money. He made multiple mistakes on that final drive that cost us. The biggest mistake was missing a wide open Tutu on that drag route. With the blitz on and Tutu's speed, he may have housed a good pass. At minimum, it's a big play. Yes, Stafford was under pressure, but he's paid to make that throw.

No, I'm not saying the loss falls on him. I'm not saying he has a great supporting cast. I am simply saying that if this team is go anywhere this year (feeling more and more doubtful that we do), he is going to have to elevate it. On that drive, he didn't.
Stafford was fairly bad today. It happens. The play calling doesn't help. Those five to seven yard out routes are there all the time. Will never understand why we don't use them when the blitz is obvious.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
It's not excuses. If we had Kupp and Puka on that last drive are you telling me they couldn't have imposed their will? Whittington, a rookie, was pulling the weight. Hate to say it, but when shit gets tough, that's where your stars show their worth. Also refs fuckin up calls always impacts a game. This team already has enough trouble getting out of its own way.
We could of just kept running. And that is why a team shouldn’t just be reliant on 2 people. Why do you think they are hurt? Because they were used and abused and heavily relied upon. Now that is biting us in the rear. Rotate, mix up plays and personnel.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
100%. He was unreal against Detroit. You won't get that every week but we need him to put this team on his back and play a lot closer to that, than how he has been playing lately. Maybe he is hurt, who knows, he has taken some hits.
He's taking a lot of hits. That shit takes a toll. We need all our o-line pieces back. We have some young pups out there making all kinds of communication mistakes. For example, that play where I think it was Clark, came right thru the middle untouched and forced a hurried throw by Stafford to Tutu on the last drive. Better blocking there would have gave him an easier throw and could have went a long way towards helping us punch it in the endzone at the end.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I can see both sides.

Rams would be much better off with Kupp and Puka.

But, the Packers would be much better off with Jaire Alexander (locking down one) and Devonte Wyatt on the interior.

And I don't even want to think about what would have happened to the secondary if Christian Watson and Romeo Doubs played.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I can see both sides.

Rams would be much better off with Kupp and Puka.

But, the Packers would be much better off with Jaire Alexander (locking down one) and Devonte Wyatt on the interior.

And I don't even want to think about what would have happened to the secondary if Christian Watson and Romeo Doubs played.
Hate to say it, but it proves the Packers are a deeper team than we are. They actually have a great safety in McKinney by the way where as we don't have a decent one.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Good teams find ways to overcome things. We rolled out the 12 personnel against the 49ers to help out the offensive line. It worked and we won the game.

Since then McVay has regressed back to his 11 personnel despite not having the pieces in place to run it effectively. This is just arrogance and stubbornness. He really needs to get more well-rounded in his scheme because we all can see what happens when you don't have the personnel for 11.

Do we even have a "big" or "jumbo" package to get cheap yards? If so, I haven't seen it.