Ourlads Depth Chart Including UDRFA'S

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I am not sure you responded to what I said, but I love it :)

Always value your opinion dude

I was talking about signing players off other teams practice squads - sorry if I did not make that clear? That shouldn’t break the bank and would be a nice means of developing the roster with young players who have NFL experience (albeit limited)
The Rams claimed Hollins straight from the FA wire. Can’t think of a player The Rams that made it from another team’s practice squad?
From what I’m thinking is from Rams Front office is going the new route of The USFL & other Pro(new)Pro football leagues.

—way back Kurt Warner had a Rams dot on his helmet from World League,who they signed out of The Arena League as an example.Tom Nutten The Blythe & Shelton types.small guards who play center.Those guys are all examples of all those combinations.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
The Rams claimed Hollins straight from the FA wire. Can’t think of a player The Rams that made it from another team’s practice squad?
From what I’m thinking is from Rams Front office is going the new route of The USFL & other Pro(new)Pro football leagues.

—way back Kurt Warner had a Rams dot on his helmet from World League,who they signed out of The Arena League as an example.Tom Nutten The Blythe & Shelton types.small guards who play center.Those guys are all examples of all those combinations.
Good points. One thing that has changed will be our ability to claim via the waiver wire based on last years record - including when a team waives an active player to move them back to the practice squad. An intriguing young player might pop free

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Between Dunn & Brown, they both are similar in leg strength. In fact, if we needed to kick a 59 yard FG they might actually let the Punter Evans give a shot, since he did both FG's & Punts at Wingate.
Talked to a friend that didn’t know much about Evans,except he liked Turk better ? UDRFA to Miami. He likes what NE ,he beat Moody out at the combine.
They said you can make it in the big house. What’s up?

IMO The Rams vision was excellent.They seem to bring in competition.

My dad who has passed awhile back,but still was always in the belief of KICKING the BALL out of the END ZONE!! That in itself is a weapon. strategy, part of the game.Punting in itself is another. Covering kickoffs. Pinning team in their own end & keeping it with in your own Red Zone. I think that helps a DEFENSE put pressure on teams(o’).
Football in a lot of ways is a simple game.Sean Mcvay believes in Football is the ultimate team game.He will enjoy this process with his philosophies.I don’t (never thought) he was some kind of a genius.In FACT NOW I question a lot about his knowledge of players ? I say that only because he trust his process WAY to much.Then again going back to The Grass Roots inspires him & brings out the best of his coaching abilities.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good points. One thing that has changed will be our ability to claim via the waiver wire based on last years record - including when a team waives an active player to move them back to the practice squad. An intriguing young player might pop free

You can believe how you want as much as myself.I think within what I see & try to keep dialed in. The NFL is always revolving.There are some things that stay true.
—Sean Mcvay & Les Snead have a blueprint in a way??? Just the way the look at things.There is NEVER a time they will go a total blind eye.Each Circumstance is its own,but there process remained the same.

Kolone is a perfect example of a Ram under Sean Mcvay.The need is better depth & development.

Example of Williams ? The Brown Bro’s will be TOUGH,but Earnest Brown got cut as well last season.Williams signed with the Vikings before coming back.Those are players(Rams) that are system players.LOOKOUT for both Johan & Earnest in 2023.
-I’ll add to it later with another example of just The D’Line a lone.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
You can believe how you want as much as myself.I think within what I see & try to keep dialed in. The NFL is always revolving.There are some things that stay true.
—Sean Mcvay & Les Snead have a blueprint in a way??? Just the way the look at things.There is NEVER a time they will go a total blind eye.Each Circumstance is its own,but there process remained the same.

Kolone is a perfect example of a Ram under Sean Mcvay.The need is better depth & development.

Example of Williams ? The Brown Bro’s will be TOUGH,but Earnest Brown got cut as well last season.Williams signed with the Vikings before coming back.Those are players(Rams) that are system players.LOOKOUT for both Johan & Earnest in 2023.
-I’ll add to it later with another example of just The D’Line a lone.
They were real high on Earnest Brown coming out. Could be his year to shine. It’s the third year or bust for many of these developmental types. He needs to take the next step and I am sure you will see it at camp almost straight away if he has - similar let’s hope to Joseph-Day, who looked like a different player year 3

dang

Legend
We can fit at least two good vets under our cap but is it a one year deal or the kind of vet who will also be a key contributor in 2024? Some good ones will shake loose and will already be getting paid by the team that cuts them. LA is a premium destination for all kinds of reasons other than tax, so I expect we will get a discount in 2023
I don’t see any benefit in one year deals. But Rams should keep an eye on cuts or remaining FAs If someone can be picked up with intent of helping beyond 2023.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They were real high on Earnest Brown coming out. Could be his year to shine. It’s the third year or bust for many of these developmental types. He needs to take the next step and I am sure you will see it at camp almost straight away if he has - similar let’s hope to Joseph-Day, who looked like a different player year 3
What about Greg Freaking Gaines. Look back at the last game of the season & I think you’ll see a flash.
Most Fans just want to talk smack & don’t look at the real picture. The Rams are almost always young.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
BTW - like I said I’d add Murkison anybody. I get The Rams claiming FA off the wire. I think more that route than plucking (poaching)players off team’s practice squads.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
What about Greg Freaking Gaines. Look back at the last game of the season & I think you’ll see a flash.
Most Fans just want to talk smack & don’t look at the real picture. The Rams are almost always young.
We should have kept him at that price. I freaking loved that big dude

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't get too worked up gang! This is ourlads.com giving their version of our depth chart. Rams won't really release one until week one but we'll see who they prefer throughout camp. Add to that this will change weekly based on my previous sentence.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I agree with @OldSchool. 3rd-party Depth Charts in May are just conjecture.

Thought the most valuable position information this week was the Michael Hoecht press conference where he confirmed he would start Training Camp at Edge.

Thought the most disappointing lack-of-information was the failure of Rams' media to ask about his weight. Not a lot of 310 lbs Edges in the NFL; and I would like to know if he has dropped 10-15 pounds.

B-T-W, @OldSchool says I have to agree with his posts at least twice-a-week, or I am in trouble. I don't know what that means. I don't want to know what that means.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't get too worked up gang! This is ourlads.com giving their version of our depth chart. Rams won't really release one until week one but we'll see who they prefer throughout camp. Add to that this will change weekly based on my previous sentence.
IMO, what ourlads does an excellent job of is putting players in the positions. The Rams website is a mess still shows the Rams having the likes of QB Case Cookus & DT Khali Davis on the roster and they are not under contract.

Ourlads has the right players on the roster in the right positions plus the HC, DC, OC & Special Teams Coach listed as well, best overall IMO when it comes to players on the roster and their respective positions.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, what ourlads does an excellent job of is putting players in the positions. The Rams website is a mess still shows the Rams having the likes of QB Case Cookus & DT Khali Davis on the roster and they are not under contract.

Ourlads has the right players on the roster in the right positions plus the HC, DC, OC & Special Teams Coach listed as well, best overall IMO when it comes to players on the roster and their respective positions.

That's exactly what I'm saying though Den :) Rams haven't released a depth chart and won't for a couple of months. This is that site ourlads, which keep in mind I use a lot, it's their guess. And it may be the right positions but even they're wrong and have had players as backup to a position and they're the 3rd or 4th to go in there especially on the OL or CB. It's a neat tool but lets not pretend this is anything remotely official.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Thought the most valuable position information this week was the Michael Hoecht press conference where he confirmed he would start Training Camp at Edge.

Thought the most disappointing lack-of-information was the failure of Rams' media to ask about his weight. Not a lot of 310 lbs Edges in the NFL; and I would like to know if he has dropped 10-15 pounds.

B-T-W, @OldSchool says I have to agree with his posts at least twice-a-week, or I am in trouble. I don't know what that means. I don't want to know what that means.
Your check is in the mail :D

TheTackle

Pro Bowler

Good point! How much flexibility and speed could he muster at 285? Perhaps even more at 275? They must have him on a conditioning programme don’t you think? I’m picturing Joey Porter like production :)

“The six-foot-four, 295-pound defensive tackle ran a blazing 4.65 forty-yard dash on his first attempt and followed that up with a 4.68 on his second attempt. Those times are virtually unprecedented for a player of his size”

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a neat tool but lets not pretend this is anything remotely official.
Agreed, but even when the Rams come out with a depth chart, they term it "Unofficial." Overall it is a tool to understand the players on the roster and their respective positions, other then that, we truly never know the depth chart because that is in the heads of the Coaches.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Between Dunn & Brown, they both are similar in leg strength. In fact, if we needed to kick a 59 yard FG they might actually let the Punter Evans give a shot, since he did both FG's & Punts at Wingate.
I think the leg strength edge goes to Brown, but it’s probably not huge.

I like that Brown was perfect in his career at PAT’s, which seems to demonstrate a consistent golf swing.