Other teams FA news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Weren't the Eagles interested in tru? As long as his play is more like 2011 to 2014 instead of last year, the line would be set.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Heh. Goes from Case Keenum/Jared Goff to Cody Kessler. Dude managed to downgrade his QB situation.
Don't forget they also have RGIII
Oops, never mind...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Heh. Goes from Case Keenum/Jared Goff to Cody Kessler. Dude managed to downgrade his QB situation.
Never thought Cody would make it...but check the numbers....and Hue Jackson KNOWS offense too...I wonder which wr they'll keep? They have Coleman and Britt...So Pryor & Gordon are out???

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Never thought Cody would make it...but check the numbers....and Hue Jackson KNOWS offense too...I wonder which wr they'll keep? They have Coleman and Britt...So Pryor & Gordon are out???
I can't see any scenario where Gordon is a Brown ever again.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Hey , have any of you guys heard that Tony Romo is going to be released ?

:confused:

We've going to live to Dallas , where nothing is happening

We've going to live to Denver , where nothing is happening

We've going to live to Houston , where nothing is happening

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
This one makes no sense to me. NE just won a superbowl with their current Wrs, so why trade away one of the best players on your roster to upgrade Wr ?
They might not think they can keep Butler, and they do have several really talented young CBs on the roster between Gilmore, Eric Rowe and Cyrus Jones (last year's 2nd). Also they might just be salivating at the idea of Cooks and Hogan running deep routes with Edelman eating up the middle of the field and Gronkowski ripping up the seam.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
They might not think they can keep Butler, and they do have several really talented young CBs on the roster between Gilmore, Eric Rowe and Cyrus Jones (last year's 2nd). Also they might just be salivating at the idea of Cooks and Hogan running deep routes with Edelman eating up the middle of the field and Gronkowski ripping up the seam.

I see your point but that's just freaking overkill to me. Keep that defense strong. Is Hightower leaving ? If both do then that's a huge blow to the defense.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I see your point but that's just freaking overkill to me. Keep that defense strong. Is Hightower leaving ? If both do then that's a huge blow to the defense.
Possibly... Patriots like to let their FAs go out and test the market, with the agreement that they'll bring any offer they're considering signing back to let us match. Rumor as of a few minutes ago is that the Titans gave Hightower a monster offer, and he's going back to the Pats to see if they'll match or come close.

I'd hate to lose him. I also hate losing Butler, but Gilmore is a fine replacement.

Ram65

Legend
Saw this yesterday. Belichick saw first hand what B Cooks can do. Click link nice video. BC goes over the middel a bit here too. Finds the dead space in the zone defense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...chick-glad-we-dont-have-to-play-brandin-cooks
  • By Chris Wesseling
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Aug. 23, 2015 at 02:46 p.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 23, 2015 at 02:58 p.m.
Of all the breakout candidates at wide receiver this season, Brandin Cooks of the Saints has been the most impressive through two weeks of preseason action.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick offered high praise after the speedy wideout burned his defense for big plays of 45 and 36 yards in addition to a pair of 18-yard receptions on Saturday

"I'm glad we don't have to play him twice a year and he's not in our division," Belichick said, via The Times-Picayune. "He's a really good player."

Limited to a Percy Harvin-like role near the line of scrimmage early last year, Cooks was just beginning to expand his route tree and emerge as a more complete receiver when a broken thumb ended his rookie season in mid-November.

Cooks spent the majority of the offseason working on routes and timing with Drew Brees in San Diego. When he wasn't with Brees, he adopted Steelers superstar Antonio Brown as a mentor and sought advice from Ravens veteran Steve Smith on route running and using his smaller size as leverage.

The results have been evident since training camp opened. Cooks is gaining separation on deep and intermediate routes and making more defenders miss after the catch.

New Orleans coach Asshole Face acknowledged Saturday night that Cooks has "made a ton of strides" since last season.

After watching the team practice, future Hall of Famer Randy Moss told the Saints' broadcast team that Cooks is "very good now and he will be great."

The 2013 Biletnikoff Award winner was on pace for 85 receptions and roughly 1,000 yards from scrimmage prior to the rookie-year thumb injury. Determined to "shock the world" as Brees' go-to weapon in the aerial attack, Cooks should soar past those numbers with a real shot at 100 catches and 1,200 yards in 2015.

"I'm glad we don't have to play him twice a year and he's not in our division," Belichick said, via The Times-Picayune. "He's a really good player."

Limited to a Percy Harvin-like role near the line of scrimmage early last year, Cooks was just beginning to expand his route tree and emerge as a more complete receiver when a broken thumb ended his rookie season in mid-November.

Cooks spent the majority of the offseason working on routes and timing with Drew Brees in San Diego. When he wasn't with Brees, he adopted Steelers superstar Antonio Brown as a mentor and sought advice from Ravens veteran Steve Smith on route running and using his smaller size as leverage.

The results have been evident since training camp opened. Cooks is gaining separation on deep and intermediate routes and making more defenders miss after the catch.

New Orleans coach Asshole Face acknowledged Saturday night that Cooks has "made a ton of strides" since last season.

After watching the team practice, future Hall of Famer Randy Moss told the Saints' broadcast team that Cooks is "very good now and he will be great."

The 2013 Biletnikoff Award winner was on pace for 85 receptions and roughly 1,000 yards from scrimmage prior to the rookie-year thumb injury. Determined to "shock the world" as Brees' go-to weapon in the aerial attack, Cooks should soar past those numbers with a real shot at 100 catches and 1,200 yards in 2015.