OTA Report 6-16-2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
It was actually kinda strange. The first guy I saw when I got there was Quick. The team was heading over to the far field to start their stretching, and I noticed just how big he looks compared to the other WRS. Then I found Britt, and he makes Quick look slight. There is a reason why Kenny Britt is a physical force. He looks like a VETERAN WR, and if he does nothing more than lead by example of how to play the position in a physical way, Brian Quick will be better for it.

One of the things I forgot to note in my report, on one particular RedZone formation, they broke the huddle with Britt, Quick, Cook and Kendricks. Talk about an assortment of physical targets......
oh yeah, baby. Can't wait to see that line-up in the regular-season RZ offense. Thanks O.

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Thanks for the report CoachO. Interesting combinations for the OL. I know it is hard to evaluate much but since you mentioned the footwork how did Jones look?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the report CoachO. Interesting combinations for the OL. I know it is hard to evaluate much but since you mentioned the footwork how did Jones look?

Physically, you can tell he is in better shape. I took a bunch of pics of the OL, and focused on him as he was standing right below the balcony. He still looks like a kid compared to most of the other linemen, but he will be much more suited to hold his own come training camp

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Physically, you can tell he is in better shape. I took a bunch of pics of the OL, and focused on him as he was standing right below the balcony. He still looks like a kid compared to most of the other linemen, but he will be much more suited to hold his own come training camp
I'd sure like to see those.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
His arm strength was fine. He did not throw anything deep. He was the odd man out in most of the team drills. Most of his work in the 7 on 7 came in the RedZone stuff, so no deep ball opportunities.

I like the way he stands in the pocket. Steps up when he needs to. He definitely has some tools to work with.

Thanks for the report CoachO --- great reading

I agree -- he really looks the part does Garrett ... think he'll get the 3rd spot ---

I shall be referring to him as 'the Sheriff' from now on .. (y)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It was actually kinda strange. The first guy I saw when I got there was Quick. The team was heading over to the far field to start their stretching, and I noticed just how big he looks compared to the other WRS. Then I found Britt, and he makes Quick look slight. There is a reason why Kenny Britt is a physical force. He looks like a VETERAN WR, and if he does nothing more than lead by example of how to play the position in a physical way, Brian Quick will be better for it.

One of the things I forgot to note in my report, on one particular RedZone formation, they broke the huddle with Britt, Quick, Cook and Kendricks. Talk about an assortment of physical targets......

Man, I would love to see some of Britt's magic rub off on Quick. Even if he doesn't have a huge year, if he can just set enough of an example for Quick to learn how to use his body and play like a big wide receiver should, then his signing will have been well worth it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@CoachO it amazes me that your reports are more detailed and easier to read than those of the professionals. Wagoner and Thomas' reports are always a bit blah for me. They are way to general and don't ever get me excited. Thanks Coach.

FRO

Legend
This was obviously my first opportunity to see him in person. And I have to say, seeing him, even before he lined up in the team drills, he just looks like a veteran, and his physical attributes are obvious.

He made a couple of "hands" catches with DBs challenging the ball, he just out muscled them. An I know you are still very skeptical, but the only other guy on this roster who is capable of doing that is Quick. He just has to do it more consistently. I will be the first one to admit it. But as I said in the "report", they were the two best WRs today. Does that mean it will be that way tomorrow? Your guess is as good as mine.

Also, keep in mind, Bradford was NOT part of the mix today. But Shaun Hill showed me more in one practice than I saw from Clemens in two years. And I was not a Clemens "hater". I just saw him for what he was. Someone who would make plays, but was just not capable of making the throws when he needed to make them.
Maybe a physical receiver like Britt is best for Quick to see how it's done. Never questioned Quick's talent, just his mental makeup. We get that fixed and we have something.

Clemens always was terrible in practice, he was much better in games. He was a decent backup for us last year. Better than I expected. Hill is a much better backup.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
This was obviously my first opportunity to see him in person. And I have to say, seeing him, even before he lined up in the team drills, he just looks like a veteran, and his physical attributes are obvious.

He made a couple of "hands" catches with DBs challenging the ball, he just out muscled them. An I know you are still very skeptical, but the only other guy on this roster who is capable of doing that is Quick. He just has to do it more consistently. I will be the first one to admit it. But as I said in the "report", they were the two best WRs today. Does that mean it will be that way tomorrow? Your guess is as good as mine.

Also, keep in mind, Bradford was NOT part of the mix today. But Shaun Hill showed me more in one practice than I saw from Clemens in two years. And I was not a Clemens "hater". I just saw him for what he was. Someone who would make plays, but was just not capable of making the throws when he needed to make them.

Thanks CoachO, I was getting my hopes up on Britt until I saw that ringing endorsement of him by Vince Young in another thread. That was like me comparing Andy Warhol to Rembrandt. And I can't even paint a can of soup. Now I have renewed hope since I have a real "official" endorsement of him. Hope to hear lots more this summer from our own set of eyes on the Rams this summer.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
500lbs!!! was he bench pressing the whole of the Rams Cheerleaders?!?

Thanks for the update report CoachO - sounds like all good stuff coming from training camp :) Loving what I'm hearing about our receivers and Hill - but I really do hope we don't need him on any given Sunday....

That Red Zone line up of our big guys just sounds a nightmare to defend against - IF they catch the ball :)

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Thank you for this @CoachO ! Truly appreciate you lending us your eyes. It sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon. Great gesture by the team and Coach Fisher to stop by to chat.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Big Thanks for info!

Players not participating: Rodger Saffold & Scott Wells

Is there an known reason why? Heat? Wells is a father many times now could have been a busy weekend @ his house.

LT - Hooey LG - Robinson C - Barnes RG - Joseph RT - Barksdale
LT - Bond LG - Person C - Jones RG - Washington RT - Van Dyk
Rhaney took reps at C, with both Barnes and Jones taking reps at G

Getting Bond-Hooey & Van Dyk most of the work @ OT's finding a reserve ORT outside of starters Saffold & Robinson would be a very good thing. I see Person left side OG guy & Washington back on right.

Woodard and McGee were taking most of the 1st unit reps, with Cody Davis coming in when they went to the Nickel.
Was safety Cody Davis playing the Nickle back??

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Big Thanks for info!

Players not participating: Rodger Saffold & Scott Wells

Is there an known reason why? Heat? Wells is a father many times now could have been a busy weekend @ his house.

LT - Hooey LG - Robinson C - Barnes RG - Joseph RT - Barksdale
LT - Bond LG - Person C - Jones RG - Washington RT - Van Dyk
Rhaney took reps at C, with both Barnes and Jones taking reps at G

Getting Bond-Hooey & Van Dyk most of the work @ OT's finding a reserve ORT outside of starters Saffold & Robinson would be a very good thing. I see Person left side OG guy & Washington back on right.

Woodard and McGee were taking most of the 1st unit reps, with Cody Davis coming in when they went to the Nickel.
Was safety Cody Davis playing the Nickle back??

Cody Davis went to Safety, and they dropped McDonald down in the box. The nickel CB, when covering the slot receiver was McLeod.

Keep in mind, this is due to the shortage of bodies in the secondary. Joyner, Jenkins, Johnson, Alexander and Daniels were NOT out there for any of the team drills.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
CoachO thanks very much......

So IP got some time with the 1's.......how did he do?

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
Mahalo CoachO for the information. I was wondering if it's illegal to take small videos of some of the plays that they ran? It would be awesome if you could take some and post it with your report.:) If you can't its all good.