Open Letter to Bruce Arians

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Seems like some of the venom is disproportionate to the "insult" of Arians calling the Rams an 8-8 team. Not only that, it seems the offense being taken is pretty misplaced considering Arians was more upset with the slighting of his own team than trying to be insulting to the Rams/Fisher.
Don't sell Arians short. You're forgetting the crack about "the real defense wearing red and white."
It's just getting old to me how so many Rams fans think that every coach in the division is such a honk and focus so much energy into hating their personalities. And then act as if Fisher isn't just like those guys.
But he isn't. The "captains" on the coin toss were before the game, and aimed it at Snyder. Fisher took a chance that the Redskin players might just take offense to it. Arians, on the other hand, took his shots after a 6-point victory. After the last game of the season between the division rivals.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Don't sell Arians short. You're forgetting the crack about "the real defense wearing red and white."

But he isn't. The "captains" on the coin toss were before the game, and aimed it at Snyder. Fisher took a chance that the Redskin players might just take offense to it. Arians, on the other hand, took his shots after a 6-point victory. After the last game of the season between the division rivals.
I'm not forgetting anything. Seemed clear to me that Arians was sticking up for his defense and team because of the media coverage. His comments were directed at the media.

I'm certainly curious if people think that Arians really thinks the Rams defense isn't any good? I don't think he was saying that at all but that's how I think people are taking it. Yeah okay, Arians didn't sugar coat his comments or resort to coach-speak but IMO you have to WANT to be insulted to actually HATE Arians for the comments he made.

In this day and age of trash-talk I'm stills surprised people are being so thin-skinned about his comments. They were pretty tame.

moklerman

Warner-phile
In your opinion, sure. I disagree wholeheartedly. Leave it alone.
Well, of course it's my opinion. I hope you didn't infer that I was speaking for anyone else.

Leave what alone? Are you so upset you can't even have a conversation about the topic?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't give an F what Arians thinks about the Rams' defense. He's gonna find out next season that they're damn effin good.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well, of course it's my opinion. I hope you didn't infer that I was speaking for anyone else.

Leave what alone? Are you so upset you can't even have a conversation about the topic?
I'm not mad anymore because Arians is on vacation and didn't win a game after talking shit at the podium. We disagree. I like this thread and you don't.

Ramathon

I'm not forgetting anything. Seemed clear to me that Arians was sticking up for his defense and team because of the media coverage. His comments were directed at the media.

I'm certainly curious if people think that Arians really thinks the Rams defense isn't any good? I don't think he was saying that at all but that's how I think people are taking it. Yeah okay, Arians didn't sugar coat his comments or resort to coach-speak but IMO you have to WANT to be insulted to actually HATE Arians for the comments he made.

In this day and age of trash-talk I'm stills surprised people are being so thin-skinned about his comments. They were pretty tame.

It's interesting to observe how a board can take on a collective persona. RamsTalk is just an obnoxious 'be a troll, feed the trolls' place. This one has a decided persecution complex. The fix is in with the refs and they're always stealing games from us, the league office hates us, the media favors EVERY team not named the St Louis Rams, etc.

So it shouldn't be surprising that such a petty slight by another coach would induce a collective Jared Cook pushing Austin Davis away response.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are not paranoid! Its just everyone is out to get us. :cautious:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's interesting to observe how a board can take on a collective persona. RamsTalk is just an obnoxious 'be a troll, feed the trolls' place. This one has a decided persecution complex. The fix is in with the refs and they're always stealing games from us, the league office hates us, the media favors EVERY team not named the St Louis Rams, etc.

So it shouldn't be surprising that such a petty slight by another coach would induce a collective Jared Cook pushing Austin Davis away response.

Interesting take.

I'm not sure I like painting the collective board with that brush, but I am willing to concede the rules of a forum will gather members of similar ilk. So this and other boards having their own "personality" is certainly a real dynamic.

I happen to think most of the heat Arians is catching here is a sort of "in your face" response of members sticking up for our team. Sort of like; don't you dare say a cross word toward my sister.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Blotchy Bruce was just angry because the Rams took out his QB1 and QB2 in consecutive games. Tough toenails Brucey. Hope you enjoyed the Ryan Lindley experience as much as I did!!

Ramathon

Interesting take.

I'm not sure I like painting the collective board with that brush, but I am willing to concede the rules of a forum will gather members of similar ilk. So this and other boards having their own "personality" is certainly a real dynamic.

I happen to think most of the heat Arians is catching here is a sort of "in your face" response of members sticking up for our team. Sort of like; don't you dare say a cross word toward my sister.

No generalization applies equally to all individuals that might be members of a larger group....true enough. But the group as a whole can certainly evoke/project an overall 'feel'...for lack of a better term.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

It's not a persecution complex if the observed patterns are accurate. It's only a persecution complex if everyone, in the NFL, is operating honestly and fairly. Now, do u really believe the latter to be the case, 'cause there are names for that "dynamic" as well.

By the way, while I am one of the strong proponents of the former, there are many here, perhaps a majority, who disagree. So, I still wouldn't agree that this represents a collective.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I agree that it reflects poorly...in terms of the pride of some of the Rams fans who weren't bothered by Arians comments about our team. But you know what? It's not up to me to decide all of that, or call them out. If it didn't bother you or hit home with you congratulations Mokler. I'm actually not surprised it didn't.
I don't think it reflects poorly on anyone myself.

Yes, I have pride as a Rams fan, but it takes more than some idiot making a fool of himself during a press conference to elevate a team to my hated teams list. After all, to misquote, a waste is a terrible thing to mind.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So an established vet qb a stong #1 reciver and a dominant defense= less experience and resources then a team that has to be completely overhauled(list 5 players left on this squad from the moment fisher took over thats still here today) im truly unsure where you are getting this comment from

That's not just a stretch it's a HUGE leap, the Rams didn't have anywhere near what AZ had when Arians stepped into that role. It's laughable dude, don't even go there.

EDIT

Sorry quoted the wrong post......I wanted to quote the post you were responding to and somehow you snuck in there LOL.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This thread reflects poorly on some of the fans around here. So petty and spiteful. Too bad.
I agree .... with X, ...
exaVP3j.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Dear Mr. Arians,

Sorry to hear about your quarterback woes. I've heard that can be difficult.

Signed,

Jeff Fisher

p.s. Gregg sends his apologies for blitzing you into this position.

p.p.s. Wait, no he doesn't.
P.P.S. " Next year you'll need more QB's when you play the Rams!!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
That's not just a stretch it's a HUGE leap, the Rams didn't have anywhere near what AZ had when Arians stepped into that role. It's laughable dude, don't even go there.

EDIT

Sorry quoted the wrong post......I wanted to quote the post you were responding to and somehow you snuck in there LOL.
Lol I was beginning to wonder if you needed a lesson in sarcasm lol