On to Arizona

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Chase Edmunds is a guy i think can hurt us. Especially with Reeder in there at ILB with Kiser out.
It looks like he may be taking a back seat again with Drake back.
I didn't see the game Sunday though.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It looks like he may be taking a back seat again with Drake back.
I didn't see the game Sunday though.
Yeah Edmunds has been the #2 back since Drake got there a year ago and #2 to D. Johnson prior to that. IMO they don't use him enough(Edmunds). Drake is the tougher runner but Edmunds is more skilled and a bad matchup for our LB's.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah Edmunds has been the #2 back since Drake got there a year ago and #2 to D. Johnson prior to that. IMO they don't use him enough(Edmunds). Drake is the tougher runner but Edmunds is more skilled and a bad matchup for our LB's.

With all the zone coverage we run, it minimizes the damage HBs can do against us, even against Reeder's slow butt.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Funny that Reeder was the first there to tackle Samuel when he broke loose for a big gain.

TexasRam

Legend
Not to pile in our special teams coordinator but not only did Bonamego pick the wrong kicker 2x but he gives up a kick return for TD and then last game had Jefferson muff a key play and Ramsey go off sides.

The only real chance Arizona has in beating us is for some fluke special teams plays. Punt return for TD, punt block etc.

If this happens homeboy is most likely gone. It’s been a disaster for him this year.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't know if those can be blamed on a coach.

His job is to identify and coach up the players so that they execute. A mistake here or there is on the player but if your units are sloppy, out of sync and making consistent mistakes in different ways, thats a coaching issue.

Shit if Jeff Fishers teams didn't make so many mistakes they might have had a plus .500 season or two but because he wasn't a good enough coach, they didn't.

Bonamegos job isn't easy. And its possible he gets better. But as of so his STs have been a disappointment and the only even decent performer is Hekker who was great to begin with but he certainly isn't any better under Bonamego either.

McVay will move fast in the off-season to replace him IMO unless Bonamegos units really play great from hear on out.
I mean, Matt Gay was hired on Hekkers recommendation. When the HC decides to let his punter pick the next kicker instead of the STs coach who had blown it twice already, that says a lot.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not to pile in our special teams coordinator but not only did Bonamego pick the wrong kicker 2x but he gives up a kick return for TD and then last game had Jefferson muff a key play and Ramsey go off sides.

The only real chance Arizona has in beating us is for some fluke special teams plays. Punt return for TD, punt block etc.

If this happens homeboy is most likely gone. It’s been a disaster for him this year.
Yeah I'm of the mind that Bonamego is a dead coach walking. Doubt he can save his job and if he does I'll be surprised.

But back to Jefferson on that muff... Jefferson's not a physical dude. So as much as I like seeing him getting down there to make that play I think this team needs some gunners on the bottom end of the roster. It's funny but personally I can live with mediocre returns as long as the catch is safe and not a turnover. But I have a hard time with watching teams getting a good net return average vs our teams it drives me fuckin nuts.

And don't get me wrong I am rooting for the teams to do better. I just don't think we have the guys to do that. Next year should be better because Reynolds will walk and Van will move into his spot and they can hopefully supplement teams with a lengthy type wideout who can give our coverage group a boost. We definitely have seen a dip since Thomas left in our gunner quality, they have not replaced that dude yet. And it's not a huge deal or anything, but it's an area where I'll give Bonamego cred in that I don't think he has the best pieces.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
But back to Jefferson on that muff... Jefferson's not a physical dude. So as much as I like seeing him getting down there to make that play I think this team needs some gunners on the bottom end of the roster. It's funny but personally I can live with mediocre returns as long as the catch is safe and not a turnover. But I have a hard time with watching teams getting a good net return average vs our teams it drives me fuckin nuts.

This is where I am.

With special teams (returns anyway) nuetered by rule changes, it’s a tougher thing to sort out with roster building.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Local radio reporting that L. Fitzgerald's status to return from Covid protocols this week are questionable.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My guess is Fitz won't play. They activated WR Trent Sherfield from the practice squad today.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sure but those are just mistakes that will happen over a 16 game season I think. Not sure any amount of coaching can turn players perfect.

Mcvay does an excellent job,but I think people are missing the picture.

I think I need to start a thread to call out a question & concern no one is talking about. Myself included,but have said so to a Bears Fan friend who really likes The Rams. Especially now The Rams are in a Top NFC spot to play in.
Find it interesting Fitz is on Covid list at this point of his career.A Big game for him to miss if he had control of his own health

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

Wat 03122020033924.jpg