OldSchool Mock #2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry you're trying to say picking a player at position X isn't wise because player Y or Z at different positions might cost you less in their 5th year. Any team factoring potential cost years down the line instead of quality of the player and need is setting themselves up to fail.

You say we should draft a CB in the 1st, in my mock I have us resigning NRC, signing 2 veteran free agents that can come in and start, tendering Hill with Webster coming back as well. I have in this mock the CB position covered. Drafting an edge rusher and not trading Quinn. Drafting two NT and signing an IBL as well I've addressed defense. So to suddenly not draft a very very good Guard because we're worrying he'll cost more than somebody at another position 5 years from now regardless of who can help the team the most is asinine.

I even said I wasn't sure I liked this mock and it was simply to try something different which I don't think many people paid attention to.

I'm honestly not certain how I feel about this. I wanted to go into mock 2 with the focus on fortifying the OLine and improving the run defense. Like I said not sure how I feel about this draft but I don't usually like the Rams drafts but they work out for us.

Thoughts? I might end up really not liking this and redoing one this weekend but who knows. This is certainly adding players to the OLine I wonder how BonifayRam will like that :)

Any GM who doesn't draft a guy because of the reasons you're arguing here honestly should be fired on the spot.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I like the idea of trading Barron instead of just cutting him, but I don't see how you get a 3rd for Quinn, but only give up a 4th for Talib.
But again, I like the idea of trading over cutting.

TJohnson at $13mil? If he's willing to take that, sign him. Jenkins signed for $12mil two yrs ago.

I am of the thought that we now have a playoff roster. Why gamble by trying to save a few bucks while losing some of your top players in the process? Give Joyner and TJohnson their $$ (if they will take those deals you proposed) and lose some of the lesser players.