OL Depth following the trade for Dotson ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Really surprised Bruss is still on the team. Still wouldn't surprise me if they release him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Really surprised Bruss is still on the team. Still wouldn't surprise me if they release him.
Where you are drafted matters. It matters in how the team sees the player, as a residue of the evaluation. And it matters when you cut them, as other teams will jump on them as well.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Where you are drafted matters. It matters in how the team sees the player, as a residue of the evaluation. And it matters when you cut them, as other teams will jump on them as well.
Well he got cut.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well he got cut.
If so I am glad. I don't think there's many examples of players who look like dogshit year two in preseason elevating themselves to starter level. I'm sure there are some but the percentages are probably pretty bad.

I honestly am not tracking the cuts. I don't think the bottom of our chart is very good so it's six one way half a dozen the other.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Glass houses, my friend...
Where is the DEFENSIVE LINEMAN. Why isn’t Brian Allan CUT!!

—Started as a Free Safety,not can play DT as thinking like a Monday Arm Chair QB eating bon bons.
Keep pour the glass full of milk & always wondering where half of it went before you can even sit down. Serve the cookies

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No one has taken Anchrum's RG spot. I find it hard to believe after OTA's, Training camp and then 3 preseason games where Anchrum has taken the majority of snaps at RG, and doing a good job by the way, they bench him in favor of someone nobody knows (Dotson), or someone who has taken no snaps there at all (Noteboom). Rams coaches aren't that stupid. Anchrum will be starting at RG k opening game.

I have 50,000$ ROD bucks to wager anyone who thinks otherwise.

LOL - nice
-still having Dotson at depth really solidifies The O”Line don’t you think.

Tutu needs to come up big this season.Bruss getting cut shows what a reach he was, & sad how excited & nervous Mcvay was if another NFL team selected him before they picked.He
Almost wanted to trade up to get him.
At least Les Snead helped calm him down.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If so I am glad. I don't think there's many examples of players who look like dogshit year two in preseason elevating themselves to starter level. I'm sure there are some but the percentages are probably pretty bad.

I honestly am not tracking the cuts. I don't think the bottom of our chart is very good so it's six one way half a dozen the other.

Agree, hard for me to get too excited over the bottom of a not very good roster. However, I'll still be curious how the 53 looks after week one and if we pick up a vet DT/NT and who we get at kicker.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
You might not like this... but the Rams picked him up just for depth per Jourdan.

Ah, kinda more rhetorical than anything else.

Yeah, I can't quite square the circle on that one except this is my guess, Rams saw enough on tape that they weren't happy with the pass protection and possible gap scheme work from our backup guards and McVay can weather a bad defense this season but probably will fall apart if the offense can't operate (like last year with all our Oline injuries) so they paid a slight premium to ensure that doesn't happen.

I think you’ve nailed it.
From a practical standpoint, Dotson probably wouldn’t be ready for opening day. If he’s starting, that’s a problem—Noteboom is still hurt and Anchrum has not convinced the staff he can do the job.

Dotson is there because he can play both guard slots. He’s an insurance policy against injuries on the interior. Why is that so important? Like you said, the Rams cannot afford for the offense to struggle this year. The Rams would rather have overkill on the OL than have a repeat of last season. Can’t say that I blame them.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I'd love nothing more than for the Rams to be rewarded for their Boom persistence and belief with him playing RG at a top level this season. But what I expect to happen is he will look like shit, then he'll get hurt, then the Rams will do what they end up doing every time they have tried to start Boom, which is cycling through depth to rectify a situation they should have seen coming.

I think that’s exactly why they picked up Dotson—insurance.
Whether it’s Noteboom (the most likely) or Avila, or Anchrum, Dotson would be available.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Dominant: "Avila will be a dominant LG for years".

Dominate: "Avila will dominate his competition, especially the cousin fucking farty whiners".

P. S. Both of these things can be true :)

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dominant: "Avila will be a dominant LG for years".

Dominate: "Avila will dominate his competition, especially the cousin fucking farty whiners".

P. S. Both of these things can be true :)

Back to your regularly scheduled program...
giphy.gif

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Where is the DEFENSIVE LINEMAN. Why isn’t Brian Allan CUT!!

—Started as a Free Safety,not can play DT as thinking like a Monday Arm Chair QB eating bon bons.
Keep pour the glass full of milk & always wondering where half of it went before you can even sit down. Serve the cookies
Drunk On One GIF

TexasRam

Legend

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think you’ve nailed it.
From a practical standpoint, Dotson probably wouldn’t be ready for opening day. If he’s starting, that’s a problem—Noteboom is still hurt and Anchrum has not convinced the staff he can do the job.

Dotson is there because he can play both guard slots. He’s an insurance policy against injuries on the interior. Why is that so important? Like you said, the Rams cannot afford for the offense to struggle this year. The Rams would rather have overkill on the OL than have a repeat of last season. Can’t say that I blame them.
I call BS on ALL FRONTS!! West Coast Ram & his Jourdon fetus.

Bottom line is exactly what Sean Mcvay said when asked about Dotson.They like what they’ve seen in him & they’re (The Rams) are not going to let what happened last season happen again in 2023. (Lesson Learned).

-I can go back to my Big 5 days & all through it.I lost a Rod bet to BubbaRam in 2019 because of how Mcvay & Kromer went about that group.

Can anyone say Bobby Evans?

Noteboom is a solid LT when healthy & has he ever shown he can play anywhere else.

Let’s keep going Alaric Jackson has earned the LT spot & IMO is The Rams best RG bar-none.

Anchrum maybe The Rams best RG(A’Jackson),but he played 1 play as a starter & got injured.So he has proven NOTHING!! He has earned the starting RG spot & Nig Rob feels comfortable with him there.

Can we say Rams best Drafted O’Lineman since ???

McCleddon is still a pup & Noteboom is going to have to be swing Tackle(LT-RT).

Shelton could play guard,but why ? Now on game day ? Yes & will be part of the 48.

Zack Thomas is a mauler,but is very limited.He earned his spot.

—The is only 1 maybe 2 reasons for all this.To make sure Matthew Stafford (Cam Akers)stays healthy !

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought Noteboom was done with the Rams. Looks like I'm having a little crow for breakfast.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Who can hold their water in the Hawks stadium will all that noise? Have a feeling McVay will want as veteran a group as he can field opening day, and He's got a rookie at lG.
LT Jackson
LG Avila
C Allen
RG Shelton
RT Havenstein
Backups, Noteboom, Ancrhum, Dotson.

Ancrhum can kick out to Tackle in a pinch, hopefully not. When Dotson is ready I think he slots in at RG.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I call BS on ALL FRONTS!! West Coast Ram & his Jourdon fetus.

Anchrum maybe The Rams best RG(A’Jackson),but he played 1 play as a starter & got injured.So he has proven NOTHING!! He has earned the starting RG spot & Nig Rob feels comfortable with him there.

Can we say Rams best Drafted O’Lineman since ???
I need the So Ram whisperer to translate for me.... @Allen2McVay ?