Ok now that Fisher is gone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Short (long) list for me:
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. David Shaw
3. Jon Gruden
4. Kyle Shanahan
5. Todd Haley
6. Matt Patricia
7. Teryl Austin
8. Anthony Lynn
9. Dave Toub
10. Jim Bob Cooter
Anyone but Gruden. Can't stand him.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He had a rough first go. In his first offseason, he completely alienated and then moved on from Cutler only to bring in Tebow as a first rounder.

But - on hindsight, one could say that he was the first to see thru Cutler and that a he began the build that led to the Broncos Super Bowl Run. Who knows how much personnel input he had - but he has proven himself as an offensive mind and he wouldn't be a rookie head coach this time around.
I know the assumption about bellicheck disciples. He did start out 6-0 so there's that

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. David Shaw
3. Jon Gruden
4. Kyle Shanahan
5. Todd Haley
6. Matt Patricia
7. Teryl Austin
8. Anthony Lynn
9. Dave Toub
10. Jim Bob Cooter

I suppose Harbaugh should be 1st on any list, but I would have to learn to like him...I hate his style, his whimpering and his hideous khakis..Of course winning trumps all of those...Personally, I'd like to see Shanahan get a shot...Grudrn, I think hasn't really excited me for an extended period of time...It also appears that he has no desire to return to coachng at this point...I'm curious as to the timing, though it made no difference as the season was trashed after week 7...Again, not that it matters, I wonder who is the unlucky guy that gets the "interim" death knell title...

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
1- Shanahan
2- Harbaugh
3- Shaw

I would prefer Harbaugh but feel he will be impossible to lure away. Shanahan showed what his offense can do with back ups yesterday! He will also have a good ability to bring in assistants due to his career as well as his dad's. I like Shaw but I'm Leary of college coaches.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
1. Jim Harbaugh
2. David Shaw
3. Jon Gruden
4. Kyle Shanahan
5. Todd Haley
6. Matt Patricia
7. Teryl Austin
8. Anthony Lynn
9. Dave Toub
10. Jim Bob Cooter

Spot on with your top 5. Not sure the top 3 are attainable, but if we could get any of those guys in the top 3 it would be a major coupe.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
0104_JMcDaniels_inside.jpg
No thanks. I'm not even sure i want Patricia here either and i'm intrigued with his recent DC work. Also, the chowder wizards coaching tree is luke warm at best.

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
1- Shanahan
2- Harbaugh
3- Shaw

I would prefer Harbaugh but feel he will be impossible to lure away. Shanahan showed what his offense can do with back ups yesterday! He will also have a good ability to bring in assistants due to his career as well as his dad's. I like Shaw but I'm Leary of college coaches.

Actually, scratch Shaw. I'm not sure his offense is much different than Fishers. He just runs it better.

MountainRam

Rookie
Look for Rams to hire an experienced coach. They will not hire an unknown or young and up coming. The new coach should have star Power to sell PSLs. If PSLs were selling, Fisher would still be here.

Harbaugh tops the list. With Todd Bowles as his defense coordinator. Oh my

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Harbaugh is my #1 guy.
Similar situation here like in SF when he propelled them into title contenders. A few excellent pieces on the roster, a strong defense. He also gets a crack at Baalke's Niners, Carroll's Seahawks twice a year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
1 - an offensive coach who can maximize the talent of Goff, Gurley and Austin; or
2 - a head coach type that will bring in an offensive coordinator that will maximize the talent of Goff, Gurley and Austin.

And with either 1 or 2 above, someone that would rather win with offense in the 2nd or 3rd quarter (by building a big lead when possible and giving the team a large margin of error) rather than winning with defense in the 4th quarter in a close game (with little, if any margin of error). The latter approach is something that you don't do by design (as the recently departed HC did), but something you only do if you have to.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
I will be most happy if the Rams, finally, move away from these "we will grind out wins with our power running game and defense" head coaches.

Seen more than enough of that failed "strategy".

Never understood why Spags and Fisher adopted that approach in St Louis, with its fast indoor track.

Need to employ a creative, aggressive, and unpredictable attack to keep defenses honest and exploit weakness.

That takes a top flight QB behind a quality OL.

The rest of the serious cap money goes for sack artists.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
We don't need an offensive or defensive minded coach, per se, we need a leader of men who will put the right coordinators in place.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, scratch Shaw. I'm not sure his offense is much different than Fishers. He just runs it better.
That running back he has balls out ... Mcaffery ?

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
We don't need an offensive or defensive minded coach, per se, we need a leader of men who will put the right coordinators in place.
And let them do their job. And hold the players and coaches feet to the fire when they fuck shit up over and over again.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Be Leary of the amount of touches this kid has piled up...

McCaffrey definitely has some durability concerns. Honestly, he isn't a #1 back in the NFL. He's a role player. 3rd down back, slot receiver, and return man. He still has value but I'd take Fournette and Cook long before I'd take him.