Official Rams@Redskins Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:stop: Attacking fellow members!!!

While it's good for Rams fans to defend their team after a loss, let us remember that this is a VENT THREAD, where members get to VENT. This is the giant sponge that absorbs all the toxic fluids that would normally show up in the other threads. At least that's the intention.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
:stop: Attacking fellow members!!!

While it's good for Rams fans to defend their team after a loss, let us remember that this is a VENT THREAD, where members get to VENT. This is the giant sponge that absorbs all the toxic fluids that would normally show up in the other threads. At least that's the intention.
You know what, you're right.

That's my bad. Apologies to all.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My vent is a Rams forum supposedly full of Rams fans who cry like bytches before the game is even over. The other team scores a TD and the sky is falling, seasons over, we're over rated, etc.
Get a grip "fans".
Watch a whole game, try cheering for your team and be realistic about where the team is after a win or loss.

I don't think you can expect people to be rational human beings during the games. Especially not Rams fans. If you're insane enough to root for this team after the past decade, you have to be crazy passionate. Emphasis on the crazy.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
This guy was supposed to wave the magic wand and his D...with that vaunted front- has been gashed two weeks straight. Watching a supposedly top 5 D get manhandled at the LOS was really hard to watch. Williams had no answer to the Washington scheme.

I have never liked this guy. Ever. In that epic divisional playoff against the Niners a few years ago, he had the gumption to not cover Vernon Davis. All day long. Davis destroyed his D and caught the winning TD in that game. Williams chose to single the guy on the winning TD. The dumbass. The painful part is Davis hasn't sniffed a game like that since.

Williams is a fraud. Pittsburgh is gonna dissect his D next week.
Lynch rushed for 73 yards, so I wouldn't call that getting gashed, but I understand the frustration regarding today's game. Again, one game doesn't make a season, no matter how bad the defense was against the run today.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Lady's and Gentlemen, Please Take a Deep Breath and exhale!
I feel the same way as a lot of you, after this Lose! BUT GET-REAL!!
We all love our Rams!
Cool the Crazy Talk Fisher should have been "Fired after Last Year!" That's ridiculous!
I thought there could be a let-down after last weeks great Win, But I never expected our Coaching Staff, to have our O-Line so Ill prepared, Or our WR's to forget how to catch a Ball!
BUT It's JUST ONE Game!
Of course it is one we should be ashamed of!!
I hope Our Rams take this as a BIG Slap in the Face!!:palm:

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
BUT It's JUST ONE Game!
Of course it is one we should be ashamed of!!

I hope Our Rams take this as a BIG Slap in the Face!!:palm:

You'd THINK so. But how many times do these guys need to get slapped in the face or have a letdown for things to register?

This isn't a one time occurrence. It's par for the course for these underachievers. Sad sad sad

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You'd THINK so. But how many times do these guys need to get slapped in the face or have a letdown for things to register?

This isn't a one time occurrence. It's par for the course for these underachievers. Sad sad sad
I do not Blame this on the Players!!!!
I blame this on the Coach's and their game Plan! THEY WERE TOO COCKY!!!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My vent is a Rams forum supposedly full of Rams fans who cry like bytches before the game is even over. The other team scores a TD and the sky is falling, seasons over, we're over rated, etc.
Get a grip "fans".
Watch a whole game, try cheering for your team and be realistic about where the team is after a win or loss.

I only have one rule in this forum - never read the game day threads of rams games. I like to watch the game then make comments. I don't like the vibe in those threads at all.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lynch rushed for 73 yards, so I wouldn't call that getting gashed, but I understand the frustration regarding today's game. Again, one game doesn't make a season, no matter how bad the defense was against the run today.

They were ok with Morris but i think Jones just caught them by surprise with his power and speed. Sometimes teams just underestimate what a player can do and they weren't ready for him at all.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I continue to be befuddled by statements like this when the prepoderence of the evidence suggests otherwise. Coaching can undoubtedly have a significant impact, but when push comes to shove, players have to execute.

Talent executes.

I disagree. There is a top 5 defense that owns the best DT and one of the best DE's in the NFL. Not to mention 5 first round draft picks across the front 4. A 2nd and 1st round pick at LB to go with another that just won a SB last year. Jenkins, Johnson, Gaines, McDonald...round out some good players at DB.

On offense you have a solid QB. The RB situation is good even without Gurley. WR has a little bit of everything including high draft picks. You have speed and quickness with Austin, size with Britt and Quick. The offensive line sports at top 2 pick as well as 2 second round picks and a 3rd. This is clearly the weakest part of the team IMO. But again the team has invested there.

Don't even get me started on special teams lol. You arguably have the Top 5 players at the punt return position as well as kicker and punter.

Please tell me where the incredible lack of talent is. We have had more draft picks than any other team over the past 4 years and have been drafting at the top half of the draft. The team that just crushed us gave us half their draft board and the player they traded for is not a factor. Would you agree the Rams have more talent than Washington?

Look around the NFL, it's littered with mediocre talented teams. This Rams team has better then mediocre talent.

I look at it this way. If you think there is a preponderance of evidence that suggests otherwise than you still look to that same person......it is he who put this team together.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I slept on it overnight before posting because I might have written something I would regret. But my thoughts haven't really changed

How does Fisher keep his job with games like these? Seriously, how does it happen? Why can't the Rams just be consistent for once. I'm tired of the whole, "we're a young team so inconsistency happens" crap. Something needs to change. Maybe it's Fisher.

Someone needs to be benched, preferably on the O line which got manhandled. Fisher needs a wake up call for this team. You play like this, you get benched. G-Rob, I'm looking in your direction.

Did our offense even try today? It seemed like they played in quicksand while the Redskins offense was playing on super lightening fast turf. Every play took forever to develop and we didn't have forever, because our Oline had their ass handed to them. Really, the Oline needs to have someone yell at them, spit on them, slap them, whatever it takes to wake them up

Now we get to take on the Steelers, who are going to destroy us. I mean absolutely, 100% destroy our team if we play like this next week. Does anyone here really think we have a chance against the Steelers based on how we played against the Redskins?

It's not like this game was really close. Sure, we got to within a touchdown, but we were dominated on both sides of the ball. Dominated, by the Redskins. Completely dominated.

Alright, I'm done venting. Let's just try and forget this one and hope it's a fluke

FrankenRam

Starter
I disagree. There is a top 5 defense that owns the best DT and one of the best DE's in the NFL. Not to mention 5 first round draft picks across the front 4. A 2nd and 1st round pick at LB to go with another that just won a SB last year. Jenkins, Johnson, Gaines, McDonald...round out some good players at DB.

On offense you have a solid QB. The RB situation is good even without Gurley. WR has a little bit of everything including high draft picks. You have speed and quickness with Austin, size with Britt and Quick. The offensive line sports at top 2 pick as well as 2 second round picks and a 3rd. This is clearly the weakest part of the team IMO. But again the team has invested there.

Don't even get me started on special teams lol. You arguably have the Top 5 players at the punt return position as well as kicker and punter.

Please tell me where the incredible lack of talent is. We have had more draft picks than any other team over the past 4 years and have been drafting at the top half of the draft. The team that just crushed us gave us half their draft board and the player they traded for is not a factor. Would you agree the Rams have more talent than Washington?

Look around the NFL, it's littered with mediocre talented teams. This Rams team has better then mediocre talent.

I look at it this way. If you think there is a preponderance of evidence that suggests otherwise than you still look to that same person......it is he who put this team together.

Lots of draft picks, and esp lots of high draft picks, doesn't equate to having lots of NFL talent.

On offense, you have a lot of question marks at this point, and that's it.
- 'Solid QB'....maybe, but yet to be determined. I suspect he will prove to be that, but you just can't say that definitively at this point.
- 'RB position is good without Gurley." Really? W/o Gurley, they've looked no better than avg to my eye. BC is a good #3 back, but he's that...a #3. Mason looks to have potential to be good. But if he'd showed to be something special last year, would they have drafted Gurley?

On D....
- 'There is a top 5 defense...' Top 5 based on what...this magical 'talent' factor? Top 5 defenses are top 5 defenses because they play at a consistently high level. The Rams D is a pretender to the 'top 5' accolade at this point. They haven't actually played their way to it. Until they do, they have absolutely no business trying to make up silly nicknames for themselves. 'Sack City' and 'Mob Squad' are hollow until they play well enough to earn those nicknames. Thus far, they just haven't.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good morning!

I see people are still venting.

roof_vent_spin_thing.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i don't think the rams play this badly next week. but that's what i said after the cowboys game, when they were gonna play the whiners week 4 2013.