Official Rams playoff assistance thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't like the word "help" but the Rams could use some assistance from other matchups from week to week. Some don't want to talk about it but it's reality. We're the #7 seed on the outside looking in, and we're 0-2 in the NFCW.

I put my preferred winners in bold. This week i see:

Falcons @ Saints
This one is obvious.

Panthers @ Packers
We have a tie breaker having beaten CAR but i think the Packers take that division so i'd rather push CAR down further in the WC standings. There's certainly different opinions on this one.

Vikings @ Cowboys
Again i feel that it's best to concede to DAL likely winning their division. MIN is the #6 right now, so let's push them down to 6-4 and with a Rams win we're 6-3

Seattle @ SF
Well shit. I have to take the Niners in this one. We have to catch SEA first. With a SEA loss and Rams win we're a half game back.

Philadelphia is on a bye.
------------------------------
Anyone see it differently?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Agreed on the whole "help" thing.

I would have to change Cowgirls to Vikings. They have a better record and I detest all things Dallas.

Would also choose SEA over SF. I still have my eyes in the division and we need to make up more ground on the Whiners this is a good time for them to drop a game.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I firmly believe we will still win the division. Seattle beats Sanfran and then lose two more times, we can take the division by winning 8 straight.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have what, 4 of 6 division matchups remaining? So the Rams have their own future in their hands right now. If they win, say, 3 of 4 in the division and go 3 and 4 in the remainder they're very much in the mix for a wildcard.

Re: the 9ers and Seahawks I don't think it matters too much who wins. What we should hope for is a blowout loss to either of them and the wheels maybe coming off the wagon. Seahawks are a lesser team than the 9ers IMO so I don't disagree we need to catch them first, but if the Rams do their thing that will happen.

Right now I do think we are playing for a wildcard. But there's no reason to concede anything just yet. And as a wildcard IF that happens it will mean our run game gets rolling and our defense is playing well which makes the Rams that wildcard team you do not want to draw going in.

Still plenty of room for us to be excited about the possibilities IMO.

RamWoodie

Legend
Yeah Merlin...but this is what has me worried. We're not getting consistent high level of play from the team. As we look down the schedule, there's no room to be "stubbing your toe" in games.

Control your own destiny by playing at a high level every game from here on. Team leaders need to demand and expect the best from ALL.

WIN OUT AND WHO CAN DENY THE RAMS LEGITIMACY FOR THE SB???

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We have what, 4 of 6 division matchups remaining? So the Rams have their own future in their hands right now. If they win, say, 3 of 4 in the division and go 3 and 4 in the remainder they're very much in the mix for a wildcard.
I' disagree with this unless i misunderstood.
I mean, while it is early...we're beyond the midway point now, and when you're on the outside looking in...the Rams are gonna need help every week from here on out. The teams in front of us are chasing the teams ahead of them etc.

I get what you're saying about still having games in front of us (the Rams need to run the table in division btw) which is true and a GOOD thing....but to say the Rams control their own destiny is just not true because it's extremely unlikely that 3 or 4 teams ahead of us fall apart as we win our next 8 straight or even 6 of 8.

That 0-2 in division is the crux of the problem.

Rams need help [cough] assistance.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Even if the Rams finish 11-5 we need help if we're talking about teams controlling their own destiny.

Not trying to be negative, just looking at the numbers and spit balling the odds here.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
This is a tough one -- but, pulling for Carolina over the Pack - which will place the Pack with another loss - b4 taking the bye week to think about the next game they play - in SF (or Santa Clara - wherever!). Anyway, I could go for a beat down of the 9r's....

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Rams just need to keep winning every week. A 13-3 team will make the playoffs.

Hell, even a 12-4 team is virtually certain to make the playoffs, if only as a wildcard.

That freaking 3-3 start has put us in this position, but there it is.

So, technically the Rams could be said to control their own destiny. Problem is that they’ve left themselves VERY little room for error.

It’s enough to piss off the Pope. Lol.

The good news is that this Ram team might actually be capable enough to win 12-13 games IF their D starts smothering opponents and if their OL can merely improve to league average. Both of those things seem doable, don’t you think?

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
The rams schedule is all very winnable to probable win games while the niners will probably lose at least 4.

Theyre not sweeping the rams and seahawks and Baltimore and new Orleans are just better teams.

After losing 3 or 4 by their season finale against the rams, who will be on a tear, the niners confidence will have turned to doubt, desperation, and a loss going into the playoffs as a wildcard.

Ram65

Legend
I was just talking about some of this with some Eagle fans tonight. Rams have a shot at the division but, securing a Wildcard is a priority at least in my mind.

Panthers @ Packers

Tough one. Packers to lose. Have them and Vikings lose as many as they can.

Vikings @ Cowboys

Jeez both have harder schedules so either one losing gets the Rams closer to the Wild Card. Stay with bury the Vikings theme.

Seattle @ SF

At first glance bury the Hags but, the Whiners have a difficult second half and could lose 5 games.
I don't know lol.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Yeah, if I'm being realistic, winning the division is not likely at this juncture. Sad but true. I agree with first post. Hoping for the kind of help that gets us the top "wild card seed."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get what you're saying about still having games in front of us (the Rams need to run the table in division btw) which is true and a GOOD thing....but to say the Rams control their own destiny is just not true because it's extremely unlikely that 3 or 4 teams ahead of us fall apart as we win our next 8 straight or even 6 of 8.
I think there's a lot of pretenders in the NFC, that's probably where we see it differently. I also feel like 6 of 8 is very doable, in fact the Rams are capable talent-wise to do better if they can get that OL consistency going.

If they don't win at least 6 of 8 they're probably gonna miss the playoffs. I see 11-5 as that playoff threshold level where they're in the mix. Now if they can win 7 of 8 and go 12-3 then I think they get in, because as I mentioned the other teams have flaws too.

Would they need help at 11-5 to get in? Yes of course I agree there. But I just feel like this team has some control here, because they're talented enough to run the table and have the coaching.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Yeah, if I'm being realistic, winning the division is not likely at this juncture. Sad but true. I agree with first post. Hoping for the kind of help that gets us the top "wild card seed."
I don't know dude. Look at the 9ers next 5 games. You don't think they'll lose two of these?

1573273035483.png

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Realistically the rams should be aiming for the division title. So fuck the whiners,

I hope the seafucks crush them. Those seafucks are so Fucking flukey, there's no way their luck will last much longer. The rams better beat those fucks senseless when they come to their house.

The 3 game losing streak made the rams look at their team without rose coloured glasses and they made the moves necessary to turn the team into a contender.

That oompa won't be running wild again. Jimmy g won't be able to complete a pass in one second. The rams d will be coming for them next time.

Last edited: