Official Rams@49ers Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does Fisher call the plays? Does he tell Boras, you're not passing here....Does he?

Yep. The numbers I posted make a very strong case that he does. Because the same thing happened under Schottenheimer. I have little doubt it was Fisher's decision to run the ball three times in that situation.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Maybe that is merciful. If it puts some extra giddyup in our search for or bringing along of a true NFL starting caliber QB then I'll take losing the game to do it. Freaking sucks that it was against that disgusting team but I can hope for something positive.
I felt similar. Part of the reason that I wasn't so upset with this one.

This last game confirmed: Fisher is too conservative in his offensive philosophy/we need a good OC; Case would make an average backup at best; Gurley is really good/good thing we drafted him, because Tre isn't anything special; WR is a huge need, even though the QB play was sub-par, if we make a couple catches, we probably still win; Our OL is improving, and I'm not worried there, for the first time in a long time;

I still hate NFL officiating, and they hate the Rams/we have to play better, and have more of a cushion mentality, because we won't get any favors; If I HAD to choose, I'd take Tru, over JJ; I still think Fisher is the coach, but only if he embraces some change; We need to do better on teams, but I don't mind the risk we took/take, it makes the Rams more exciting. I'm talking about basic teams plays; I'm still a Rams fan, until the day I die.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My main vent...no more games....again...hopefully we do well in the draft...hopefully Mannion is a serious player....
I say we give up a 3rd for Brett Hundley, and let them fight it out for the starter next season, dude straight out balled in the preseason, and as I expected, and will be a good NFL QB some day. We could use his serious mobility, as a weapon, as well as his strong arm.
Then, draft the best WR with our first pick, the QB's will be gone anyway, maybe another CB, if we lose one of our corners to FA.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I was too mad yesterday to even come to ROD. Terrible coaching, terrible playing, no energy. Terrible.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny how this game can really sour the last three wins and an optimistic off-season.
Had we won that game going away, it would be logical to get optimistic for next season. I have this feeling that would have been a mistake.

Fisher will be back next year and that's a travesty.
Yes, he will.. and, yes it will be.

I hate being a fan of this team. I hate Jeff Fisher. I hate Stan Kroenke. I freaking hate everything. freak this garbage ass franchise. Fisher won't be fired because Stan needs a coach to shove more money up his dick hole for his new freaking stadium. They don't give a flying baby door about winning. freak it all. Blow it up. Tavon Austin, Todd Gurley, Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn are the only players on this team I really give a crap about. Every other player and coach can go freak off.

Meanwhile, THE freaking REDSKINS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN WHILE WE SIT AT HOME WITH OUR THUMBS UP OUR ASS AND A DICK IN OUR HAND. freak THIS crap.
Now, THAT is a vent! I give this an "A+"!
:LOL:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

A defensive coaching staff that is getting a lot out of very young players.

A scouting department that has been pretty good at identifying talent. A braintrust that has made impressive trades and selected elite talent.

Yes, Quick, Pead and others were wasted picks. They have gotten much better imo in the drafts since. Greg Robinson isn't where we want, but he is still progressing and isn't a bust yet.

Brockers, Jenkins, Austin, Ogletree, Donald and Gurley, Havenstein... that kind of success in the early rounds makes up for the misses IMO, not to mention the mid rounds- Tru, McDonald, Bailey, Mason, Gaines...
Great contributions by undated FAs.

I don't see the HC that's going to be better for our team out there this year.

The best outcome in my opinion is a massive overhaul of the offensive staff. We have some young talent on the O-line, Gurley, Austin and Britt. We need a true #1 WR and a legit TE. We need our offensive scheme completely re-evaluated and updated.

If Fisher is a prideful man, and I believe he is, he will look in the mirror and make some changes in his approach.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Fisher is a prideful man, and I believe he is, he will look in the mirror and make some changes in his approach.

I'm not sure he can. He's more or less a lame-duck. But I'm hopeful that we can snag John DeFilippo from Cleveland and Fisher won't meddle. Hands off. It did Dick Vermeil well.

Bring in DeFilippo, let him run the offense his way, and draft a studly first round QB.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'm not sure he can. He's more or less a lame-duck. But I'm hopeful that we can snag John DeFilippo from Cleveland and Fisher won't meddle. Hands off. It did Dick Vermeil well.

Bring in DeFilippo, let him run the offense his way, and draft a studly first round QB.

Heck, even bring in Robert Delpino if you want!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

I think he tried last year, and I think he wanted to improve, but was rebuffed by the likes of Gase and Shanny. Never got to speak to Chud. Now maybe that was all window dressing for the fans and he wanted to go internal the whole time, but he doesn't strike me as the type to play mind games in an attempt to appease the fans.

But yeah, drastic changes will be short of impossible at this point. Who wants to come to town with 1 year to prove it? My hope is that he gives Boras (or whomever) autonomy for 1 year, but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.