Official Rams@49ers Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FRO

Legend
I hate the whiners. I hate the whiners. I hate the whiners.

At least when history looks at this season we had a better season than the whiners.

I hate the whiners.
If it helps you any, losing to them hurt their draft stock. Yeah it didn't help me either. I wanted 8-8.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Fisher and his team can't even accomplish the half-assed, plan B goals they set for themselves after their initial plans and goals turn to shit. No playoffs? Well, let's try to end on a 4 game win streak and go 8-8. Nope, fail there too.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Bad product overall, time to move on and find more prosperous joys in Life. It's not giving up rather striving for alternative, real enjoyments than this NFL and Rams team in the present. That's my speaking aloud and solely personal preference but I needed to get it out. Hope we turn it around someday for the still faithfuls that hang around. I'm 35 (and burnt out) and the NFL is coming to a close for me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Otherwise, the negativity ends up everywhere else.
That's the goal - yes. Unfortunately not the reality. Instead it seems to be more of rally spot and breeding ground.

My main point to you however was to not direct your venting toward other members.

Last edited:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I was unable to watch the game due to flooding in my basement. From what I hear, I had a better time.

Bottom line, we need a new head coach. He's in charge. 7-9 after 4 years is not good enough, I don't give a shit what excuse he uses, it's not good enough. Injuries, can't find a qb, I don't care it's your job to overcome those things. One year, two years, I give a pass. Shit happens. 4 years? :gtfo:.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I don't even get upset anymore. I'm just numb to it and almost expect it to happen. It's the same shit Fisher always pulls. I talked about it last week and someone got on me for it, but this is Fisher to a T. He plays so damn conservative, and tries to settle for a 48 yard 'chip shot' field goal. Why not try to keep making first downs? What in the hell do you have to lose?? So damn frustrating.

fearsomefour

Legend
Seems an appropriate ending to this season.
our special teams, which were to be a strength, with our super talented kicker, misses and FG and has one blocked going scoreless in nearly three quarters of post half time football.
Keenum was ok, didn't turn it over but left plays on the field. His lack of arm strength showed up on several throws, sailing the ball. The miss on an easy pass to Jared Cook that would have picked up a first down in SF terrority and probably led to a FG attempt was hurtful.
Just sort of a sloppy effort for a team that has been incomplete and sloppy all year.
Seem about right they could not avoid a losing season....thats what this team is right now.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Since I have been a legal adult of 18 years of age (1985), the Rams have had 8 winning seasons. I have always been a positive guy concerning my team, always really positive at the start of every season, but I'm getting tired. Losing is wearing so thin on me and days like today make me wonder what the fuck I'm getting out of this.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Since I have been a legal adult of 18 years of age (1985), the Rams have had 8 winning seasons. I have always been a positive guy concerning my team, always really positive at the start of every season, but I'm getting tired. Losing is wearing so thin on me and days like today make me wonder what the freak I'm getting out of this.

Yes
I feel you

We need hope - fire Fisher

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
At least you guys who have been fans for a long time have gotten to enjoy winning seasons. I didn't get really into this team until about 2005. I've endured 6-10, 8-8, 3-13, 2-14, 1-15, 7-9, 2-14, 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9. That's all I've gotten to see as a Rams fan. That's it. What am I getting out of this? What's wrong with us?

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
At least you guys who have been fans for a long time have gotten to enjoy winning seasons. I didn't get really into this team until about 2005. I've endured 6-10, 8-8, 3-13, 2-14, 1-15, 7-9, 2-14, 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9. That's all I've gotten to see as a Rams fan. That's it. What am I getting out of this? What's wrong with us?
I feel for you bro, that's a rough start. When I started as a Ram fan in the early 70's the Rams were a kick ass outfit, I can only imagine how tough it is for you at this point.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
...going scoreless in nearly three quarters of post half time football...

Need to let this wash over me for a bit.

The first half was ok. Even good, right? 16-10 after Donald's deflection / Sim's INT to end the half + the Mason run. All is good with the world.

Then came the 2nd half and overtime. Only gave up 9 pts on 3 FGs including the game winner, which is respectable on the surface. But could not generate any points on offense, completely shut out. 1 missed FG in regulation and one blocked FG in OT, that's it. Can't really blame the OL that played much better than average. A few dropped passes (Quick and Britt). Play calling was conservative but not unduly so, they took a few shots (and almost got Quick killed).

Keenum just wasn't sharp, I guess. Talk about stumbling at the finish line, if he made a few more throws and pulled out a solid win, he'd be the defacto starter going into next year. Now we'll be thinking about this miserable 2nd half and OT against San Fran all off-season.

And the D? We surely need Quinn and Ogletree and TJ McD back (not to mention Gaines). We need to sign our free agents.

JL55 on the other hand? He was worthless all afternoon. A MLB with one tackle all day? Unless he was playing with only one arm (perhaps true?), that's unforgivable. ONE TACKLE!! That's only one more tackle than my grandmother had, and she's dead. And it's not like JL55 was blowing up blockers, either. Terrible in coverage to boot. In fairness, there were times I thought the DL left him exposed. There were other times when I was wondering where the MLB was, isn't that his gap?

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems an appropriate ending to this season.
our special teams, which were to be a strength, with our super talented kicker, misses and FG and has one blocked going scoreless in nearly three quarters of post half time football.
Keenum was ok, didn't turn it over but left plays on the field. His lack of arm strength showed up on several throws, sailing the ball. The miss on an easy pass to Jared Cook that would have picked up a first down in SF terrority and probably led to a FG attempt was hurtful.
Just sort of a sloppy effort for a team that has been incomplete and sloppy all year.
Seem about right they could not avoid a losing season....thats what this team is right now.
If this was the last game for the St. Louis Rams, a weird historic note, Tony Zendajas missed a field goal against the Redskins for the last game of the then L.A. Rams and we lost by 3. I know there are differences, away game, different score, made field goal would have only tied the game 21 years ago, and Tony rarely missed a chip shot. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Snakebit!
Rams all day no matter where they call home.

Athos

Legend

I didn't really get into the Rams until Sam was drafted as I didn't appreciate football enough as a kid even tho the Rams were my time.

Didn't get to watch football enough because of little TV growing up and was enjoying the freedom of neighborhood shit with friends. That and baseball and UNC BB were my first loves.

So my first real foray into the NFL has been nothing but mediocrity, failures, and shit coaching.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Blaine freaking Gabbert. Jim Tomsula.
Two names, that will live in infamy....Blaine Gabbert....beat...us....

The issue was that he always takes the safest route unless its a trick play. Fisher is a conservative, boring, burnt out, and ineffective coach.
Maybe Fisher wasn't calling the plays? Maybe he saw it as the best chance to win...
The games we lost were 100% on Fisher.
Does Fisher call the plays? Does he tell Boras, you're not passing here....Does he?

then he misses a block on the field goal.
Pretty sure that was a great play by the DB Johnson...guy was outta NC State, with great measurables...4.3 speed...great play.

How can anyone actually be ok with Fisher being back next year?
I'm ok.....If Hue Jackson, Gase, Marone was coming...Maybe David Shaw...otherwise....

Blaine freakin' Gabbert beat us...
Just said the same.. @RAMpage did too....and Gabbert looked pretty good in doing it huh? funny how those measurables creep up on ya? They never go away....

Since I have been a legal adult of 18 years of age (1985), the Rams have had 8 winning seasons.
Same here man... Never thought of it that way....Damn shame, Wendel Tyler would be turning over in his grave....

Safe game...played not to lose...bunch on the defense seemed to be coasting...except Donald....oh well...
It comes down to, are you tired of this type of team? The one that barely tries to win...thinks playing for fg's is a safe thing (it is)...... Defense wasn't bad (mad at Mo Alexander for the poor open field tackling..poor field awareness...just not playing like a db...) but wasn't trying to dominate a weaker opponent. Ran all over us...Not gonna name names...but this isn't what we signed up for...
Offense...Boras did ok...that's it...Not sure if he did near enough to remain OC..Maybe he looks better with a better signal caller. Maybe not.......
Hekker has a serious arm.....
How's that O-line looking? 2016..
My main vent...no more games....again...hopefully we do well in the draft...hopefully Mannion is a serious player....
Oh yeah, Brian Quick...dude has talent...dude is tough...dude just doesn't get the game yet...and is a lil gun shy...the way Keenum was throwing passes, I see why.

fearsomefour

Legend
If this was the last game for the St. Louis Rams, a weird historic note, Tony Zendajas missed a field goal against the Redskins for the last game of the then L.A. Rams and we lost by 3. I know there are differences, away game, different score, made field goal would have only tied the game 21 years ago, and Tony rarely missed a chip shot. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Snakebit!
Rams all day no matter where they call home.
Yep.
I remember it.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
You know what is screwed up? The Whiner win and they fire THEIR coach, but Fisher is still working!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Keenum just wasn't sharp, I guess. Talk about stumbling at the finish line, if he made a few more throws and pulled out a solid win, he'd be the defacto starter going into next year. Now we'll be thinking about this miserable 2nd half and OT against San Fran all off-season.
Maybe that is merciful. If it puts some extra giddyup in our search for or bringing along of a true NFL starting caliber QB then I'll take losing the game to do it. Freaking sucks that it was against that disgusting team but I can hope for something positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.