Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
That's always the question... was it the coaching or the players lack of talent?

The only thing that makes me wonder is... think of all the combinations Boudreau had over the years as OL under Fisher.

Surely one of those combinations could have worked, no? Free agents... high draft picks... and still mediocre at best results.

Just makes me lean toward thinking the issue was coaching.

I don't think it's an either/or, but I definitely think coaching had something to do with it. Guys like Havenstein who played reasonably well for a rookie last year declined (even before his foot injury). Robinson was showning marked improvement in the latter half of 2015, and spent his own time and dime to get more coaching in the offseason ... only to regress. In general, there is not a single OLineman you can look at and say played better in 2016 than in 2015, and in the meantime you had Boras taking full control of the offense (instead of merely running the one that Cignetti installed). So coaching is definitely a result.

I was more willing to give Bou a pass during previous seasons given that we were constantly cycling through guys due to injuries. Plus, the initial conversion of Saffold to gaurd seemed to work extremely well, while he was also able to salvage Joe Barksdale from the scrap heap and make him a servicable RT. Nevertheless, the results last year were so bad that, even if he was hamstrung by the scheme implemented by Boras, it's time for the Rams to move on and Bou to move on as well.

All that aside, I'm happy with the hire of Kromer. If I'm not mistaken, he will bring a PBS which suits the players on hand better than the so-called "hybrid PBS/ZBS" that was neither. Plus, no smartass 15 year old kid will be able to mess with us now!

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://twitter.com/andymorgannc9/status/823335816143499264

FWIW not too sure of source, but it could have legs, especially with the connections.

Hope we are keeping an eye on FORREST LAMP. He's my pick in the second round. Played LT in college, but projected to move inside. Big guy with monster hands and just moves people. Highlights also show a guy who can stonewall on pass downs.

I'm switching from Bolles, because he's going in the 1st round now, to Dion Dawkins LT from Temple. Monster of a man and a very capable LT.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm switching from Bolles, because he's going in the 1st round now, to Dion Dawkins LT from Temple. Monster of a man and a very capable LT.

And he went to Temple, so he can spell CAT, without spotting him the C & the A.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Haven't done my homework on Kromer, looks like he was the O-line coach for those playoff caliber Saints from 2009-2012. I still remain cautiously optimistic, but hopefully he can coach GRob to be a viable starter on the O-line

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze

simonblaze,
This is quite a glowing recommendation. What makes you say this?
What do you know about Mr. Kromer that you could share with your fellow long-suffering Rams fans?

~ArkyRamsFan~

His best years were undoubtedly when he was the Saints offensive line coach from 09-12. My brother is a die hard fan so I got to see the saints line up close. Under him they sent the following players to the pro bowl: Jahri Evans OG (4th rounder, all pro under Kromer as well), Carl Nicks OG (5th rounder), Jermon Bushrod (4th Rounder), Jon Stinchcomb (2nd rounder - drafted in 2002, did not have his first pro bowl until 09, first year under Kromer), Jonathan Goodwin (5th rounder, drafted in 2002, had his first pro bowl in 2009 under Kromer)...We had him lined up for an interview for HC when he was the OL coach for the Saints in 2012 but we ended up hiring Fisher before he could interview.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As much as I am a fan of Trestman, (I cant believe I'm about to say what I'm going to say) it almost appears overkill to hire a guy of his stature at this point with the offensive staff in place.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As much as I am a fan of Trestman, (I cant believe I'm about to say what I'm going to say) it almost appears overkill to hire a guy of his stature at this point with the offensive staff in place.

I still believe Wes Phillips will be the Offensive Coordinator with Trestman just another name they reached out to...Hey the Jets are still looking.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Need a mod merge... this tweet from some guy has been posted about 20 times now.

Nothing official, as best I can tell.

Is it tru that the Rams have only officially announced Wade?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah merge it. Didn't see the asst coach thread nor any of these, do what you gotta do mods, delete if necessary.