Offensive Line Injuries

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Please no. Is Sullivan going to get us to the play-offs ? No.
That money would consume some of next years rollover, and we'll need every CAP dollar available in 2020. jmo.
We couldn't sign Sullivan for the rest of the year?
You don't think he'd be a good insurance policy for the health of Goff?

It wasn't like Sully totally fell apart last year.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
We couldn't sign Sullivan for the rest of the year?
You don't think he'd be a good insurance policy for the health of Goff?

It wasn't like Sully totally fell apart last year.

Is Sullivan even in football shape ? He was fading fast last season, I don't really see him as much of an upgrade over Blythe. I'd rather use what we have and save our rollover CAP for 2020. Blythe, Shelton & Kolone are all centers and are currently on the payroll, if they can't play, why do the Rams employ them ?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were favored against Pitt as well.

I watch the Steelers almost every week , and I would've taken the Rams and given the points . I honestly thought the Rams would handle them easily .That's why I shelled out good money to go see it . Might have been the worst game I ever saw in person , and I went to Linehan and Fisher coached games before . I'm still having a hard time believing what I witnessed.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The Rams of ‘18 would have toyed with this Steeler team.

That’s how far we’ve fallen...

Dirigo

Rookie
Name
Andrew
The one positive that can be taken from this OL situation is the young players are getting experience. This should help them with their development and preparation for next year.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams of ‘18 would have toyed with this Steeler team.

That’s how far we’ve fallen...

The 3 B"s weren't on the team , and Conner was out . I even waited till Wednesday evening to buy my tickets , once I saw a great weather forecast . 60 degrees and a putrid Steelers offense were a perfect scenario for an easy win . That's why I don't bet anymore . If it seems to good to be true ,don't touch it .

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The illusion of complexity in 11 personnel 90% of the time has run its course.

More 12 personnel please. It's also a run/pass formation.

With Cooks out you still get your two best receivers on the field. Two extra blockers to assist our annihilated interior OLine. It's Higs' strength and Everett has gotten better there.

Higs is great as a receiver within 10 yards. Everett can run & catch it anywhere.

Last edited:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Shelton is a center so he can move in there. Corbett IMO was acquired to fill the LG spot long term so I can see him staying at LG. Brewer should be signed from the PS and he can play RG with Evans playing RT. Edwards is struggling he should go back to swing OT. .
Edwards is struggling? the first Q he looked good to me. Did the rest of the game change that much for him? Where was he struggling-- pass pro, in line? He dominated #97 in the first qtr.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I've seen a lot of games where teams have decimated O-lines and we're licking our chops. Only to have the opposing teams scrubs do a solid job. What are our hopes of reversing that scenario? McVay better get real creative and Goff better get real mobile.
1989 Redskins had 3 new starters, midway through the sesaon, 4 position changes and they became very, vey good by the end of hte sesaon. (Ed Simmons at RT + Schlereth, + one other). Edwards is quality, and next year Evans will be. NO ONE at the time knew they could be a top 5 line that year...with a top 5 offense....

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I watch the Steelers almost every week , and I would've taken the Rams and given the points . I honestly thought the Rams would handle them easily .That's why I shelled out good money to go see it . Might have been the worst game I ever saw in person , and I went to Linehan and Fisher coached games before . I'm still having a hard time believing what I witnessed.
Did you think Goff looked scared, spooked, or confused?

that’s what I was told. Curious what you thought.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you think Goff looked scared, spooked, or confused?

that’s what I was told. Curious what you thought.

He was definitely understand pressure the entire game , but there were plays to be made . The Int right after halftime was a horrible decision. Haden could've called for a fair catch waiting for it .
Late in the game Kupp would've either scored or had a big gain if he puts a little touch on the ball .
Haden got a fingertip on it because it was a line drive type throw a little behind Kupp . Game of inches . We all have seen Goff make every throw and play great , but it's been quite a while. His decision making and pocket presence is shaky at best right now . Yeah I know everyone will say what pocket , but he's not the only QB that has Oline trouble . If it takes perfect protection and time in the pocket for him to succeed, we are in for a rough ride .

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
He was definitely understand pressure the entire game , but there were plays to be made . The Int right after halftime was a horrible decision. Haden could've called for a fair catch waiting for it .
Late in the game Kupp would've either scored or had a big gain if he puts a little touch on the ball .
Haden got a fingertip on it because it was a line drive type throw a little behind Kupp . Game of inches . We all have seen Goff make every throw and play great , but it's been quite a while. His decision making and pocket presence is shaky at best right now . Yeah I know everyone will say what pocket , but he's not the only QB that has Oline trouble . If it takes perfect protection and time in the pocket for him to succeed, we are in for a rough ride .

Thanks.

What’s worrisome about Goff is, outside of the 2nd half of NFC Champ game, he hasn’t had one wow performance in his last 17 starts. And he’s had plenty of clunkers.

Yeah, no doubt the OL has been one of the worst if not the worst, but all we were asking for in Pittsburgh was 1 stinking TD from Goff. And he couldn't even do that.

Very talented QB, but I worry that he is like a salt water fish who looks beautiful in an aquarium but needs perfect conditions to survive.

Jared Goff, Trigger Fish.

il_fullxfull.623358358_fgpt.jpg

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

Edwards is playing RG, Evans is playing RT until Havenstein gets back.

I expect Evans to get plenty of TE help.

Demby is horrible.

The hope is Corbett is better with a week of practice with the starters. Hard to judge anyone coming off the bench in Pittsburgh into a mash unit.

I think Blythe is better than Allen, and thats not saying much.