NRC fined by NFL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
It didn't look like he lowered the helmet which is required to be a penalty based on the NFL rule book.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
PERSONALLY, I think that was a very embarrassing, insulting move by the NFL! It is like they are pampering to the Saints and admitting that the Saints should be going to the Super Bowl instead of the Rams! Just think this was a really, really bad move and they have put an asterisk on next week’s game!

jjab360

Legend
PERSONALLY, I think that was a very embarrassing, insulting move by the NFL! It is like they are pampering to the Saints and admitting that the Saints should be going to the Super Bowl instead of the Rams! Just think this was a really, really bad move and they have put an asterisk on next week’s game!
That's not what I see at all, players get fined for noncalls all the time

Ellard80

Legend
I've seen a lot of worse helmet to helmet this year with no fine.

Their consistency on enforcing this rule is a joke.

JYB

Starter
Small price to pay.

If NRC had been flagged on that play, we'd all be cursing his name instead of praising it. Because it was awful on many levels -- the obvious being what people have pointed out endlessly, that the Aints could've melted away much of the remaining time and kicked a FG. We'd be MUCH better off if the receiver had scored there, leaving the Rams time to tie it up.

In that situation, the WORST thing to do is give the Aints a new set of downs. Anything else -- FG or TD -- would be far more preferable. Wade should've given strict instructions for NO FLAGS in that situation.

JYB

Starter

Yep -- they're throwing a bone to the Aints to try to assuage their hurt feelings.

nighttrain

Legend
Exactly, happens all the time, you get a letter from the league and your check’s a little lighter.
I heard some guy on the radio saying that was proof that we need replay for pi even though the fine was for helmet to helmet, and while we’re on the subject was it really H to H? He didn’t lead with his head, he didn’t use the crown, I’m not even sure there was contact with the head at all. NRC hit the guy square in the chest with his shoulder as he was turning so there was a point where their heads were close but I’m not sure there was contact. Has there been a flag thrown for helmet to helmet since the playoffs started?
I can’t believe how many journalists are calling for pi to be reviewed, most of them are not this obvious and interference is usually somewhat subjective, the majority of the time there’s grabbing and holding and pushing by both guys. How much do you want to bet it never gets called on the offense, like that leading with the helmet that was going to get called no matter if it was offense or defense but never got called on an offensive player.
I just hope this doesn’t get railroaded through cuz Payton’s feelings are hurt, I think we need less input from the booth or NY or wherever not more.
most fines, if not all, can be appealed and that usually means lowered
train

EastRam

Pro Bowler
The commish is fucking this up and making it worse.

He should have made a statement Monday shutting this shit down.

All fans that know the rules and follow the game understand exactly what happened. It's the causal fans and butt hurt saints fans flaming this crap.

He should have came out with the replays of the PI and the face mask. As well as the phantom call PI on the steelers. And explain the human element.

Then admit the refs have to get better and we will address that this off season.

And where are the other owners? They know how the game works. They need to be involved in stopping this crap.

He dropped the fucking ball again.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Blew Dat Nation
SALT-salt-in-wounds1.jpg

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Yep -- they're throwing a bone to the Aints to try to assuage their hurt feelings.

Totally Agree! Instead of just trying to let this settle down it seems to me the NFL is just adding fuel to the fire! I feel bad that there was a bad call but unfortunately that is part of the game!

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
At least a 30k profit since SB bonus is at least 56k for losing team

Did anyone see the clip of Asshole Face before the game with The Bricks truck guys ? Sounds like a Jeff Fisher move.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If you watch that play from all the angles in slow motion, yes it was an early hit, but it doesn't look like their helmets actually touch. At least I didn't see it.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you watch that play from all the angles in slow motion, yes it was an early hit, but it doesn't look like their helmets actually touch. At least I didn't see it.
Can you imagine the outrage from NOLA if NRC's fine is overturned or even reduced? Fireworks baby!

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Saint fans are using this fine as validation that the game was rigged and the flag should have been thrown and the last 1:46 of the game should be replayed and they should win the lawsuit easily unless the judge has been bought off to and why was there a ref in the game who lives in LA and that's proof of a conspiracy......
I was wondering if they would file a lawsuit. I’d be interested to see what the projected revenue loss would be.
How much extra cash do teams make for making it to the Super Bowl?

And i wonder if the government gets involved. They did with baseball.
Imagine America, spend billions building the Great Wall of America, and millions investigating the NFL. Facebooks servers will explode from everyone bitching online.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't care about the fine, what I do care about are all the non-fines on the Saints, during that game. Complete bullshit.

Well, as Demoff said, we sent a lot of stuff into the league also, and I know it was more than they had to bitch about. Who dat?

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
The one thing that really ticks me off is no one but us is talking about all the fouls the Saints committed that didn't get called, where the hell are their fines? I agree Goodell should have stood up to the cry baby Saints and shut this thing down, instead they're only making them feel more justified with this crap