Now THAT'S a crap call

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You know, I think blaming refs is a lazy thing to do. But even I have to admit this was BS.

Steelers get the go-ahead TD on Jesse James. Knee down, not touched. Breaks plane. Play should be dead TD. Pittsburgh wins.

Nope.

Apparently he "lost" control.

Incomplete.

Though they had another shot at it on 4th down, bad throw by Ben on that play.

Yeeesh.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know, I think blaming refs is a lazy thing to do. But even I have to admit this was BS.

Steelers get the go-ahead TD on Jesse James. Knee down, not touched. Breaks plane. Play should be dead TD. Pittsburgh wins.

Nope.

Apparently he "lost" control.

Incomplete.

Though they had another shot at it on 4th down, bad throw by Ben on that play.

Yeeesh.
Yeah that was terrible

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That was exactly the kind of call I expect to see in a Pats game..

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Aaaaaand, THIS is why fans think the game is fixed.

They got the call SO wrong that it defies description.

I don't want to hear about "Pitt had 3 more chances". Maybe they only score on one of them, but that was the one!

I'm trying not to let it ruin my buzz, cuz I'm just buzzing over this Rams WIN!

Ellard80

Legend
I saw that right away.. mistake by James... but that's the same rule that made Jimmy Graham's play incomplete.

Can't let the ball hit the ground when and lost control.

The refs could have MAYBE let it stand.. but unfortunately by the letter of the law it's incomplete.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm so tired of this bullshit. The refs cheat the Steelers out of a win with an indefensible call.(and it's not even really the refs who did it)

He caught the ball, he turned upfield, and he stretched for the end-zone. What a moronic call.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saw that right away.. mistake by James... but that's the same rule that made Jimmy Graham's play incomplete.

The refs could have MAYBE let it stand.. but unfortunately by the letter of the law it's incomplete.

True, and in most situations I would agree with this.

BUT...the ball broke the plane of the EZ. Play should dead right then and there.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Firstly, it didn't matter because extending the ball is, by definition and rule, a football move.

That makes him a runner.

The play is over the nano-second the ball crosses the plane. That happens well before the ball touches the ground.

They got it wrong, by rule and definition. Period.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ve seen hundreds of plays where that exact thing happens and never been overturned

Ellard80

Legend
Firstly, it didn't matter because extending the ball is, by definition and rule, a football move.

That makes him a runner.

The play is over the nano-second the ball crosses the plane. That happens well before the ball touches the ground.

They got it wrong, by rule and definition. Period.

No they didn't.. you have to complete the catch all the way to the ground.

Sadly its the right call... sadly...

Ellard80

Legend
I’ve seen hundreds of plays where that exact thing happens and never been overturned

If its a player running with the ball and diving over.. that's a whole nother thing (which is what you have seen 100 times before)

Ellard80

Legend
I'm saying this and that play cost me 5 pts in fantasy in the playoffs... went from being up 110 -96 to 105 -96...

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If its a player running with the ball and diving over.. that's a whole nother thing (which is what you have seen 100 times before)
He was pretty much running he made a football move .. he caught the ball outsude the end zone

Ellard80

Legend
True, and in most situations I would agree with this.

BUT...the ball broke the plane of the EZ. Play should dead right then and there.

The rule is you have to control the ball to the ground for it to be a catch.. he didn't... he extended it over the goal line and the ball jar loose when he hit the ground.

Even Romo was like OH NO when he say it.... Romo knew it also.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a dumb rule... but the official called it right. I blame the rule on that one not the official.

But it's tricky.....
Nah it's a bad interpretation of the rule but yeah the rule needs to be clarified even though they've tried multiple times over the last few years. That NFL competition committee is just a cancer.

Ellard80

Legend
I guess my objectivity doesn't outweigh my hatred for the patriots or for self interest.

That play hurt be in fantasy and I hate the Patriots... but yeah going by the rule... the rule is the rule unfortunatly.

The Ramowl

Starter
As much as I hate the Pats, to me, he moves downward as part of the catch and therefore must
maintain control all the way to the ground. The incomplete pass call against Graham is a great example here because Graham had 4 or 5 steps forward before going to the ground.
Incomplete pass by James imo