Not sold on the Az Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Cardncub

Rookie
What are your honest opinions on the Cards draft? I've been pretty critical of it because i felt they had some chances to really solidify and reinforce that front seven...and also put a higher priority on a rookie QB.
It appears to me that they made a conscious choice to try and just plug holes for the here and now....instead of drafting BPA.
AZ brought in Ted Ginn in FA...then draft John Brown in the 3rd rd...?? I don't get it. Brown was a reach at that spot and sort of redundant IMO.

We had a 5 rd community mock draft here and i drew AZ because of my familiarity w/the team and i was pretty shocked at the direction they went. I liked the Troy Niklas pick. Thats it. Obviously no one could have seen the DWash suspension coming, but Dansby had left, Dockett is 33 yrs old, and outside of 36 yr old John Abraham there aren't any pure pass rushers there. I felt that in order to maintain and keep up in the NFCW they needed to replenish the front seven.

Then there's the Logan Thomas pick in the 4th rd. Palmer is 34 and there's no one behind him. Manziel and Bridgewater were there at #20. So was Dee Ford the pass rusher(who went at #23).
I thought the trade down made sense, but only if they could land a pass rusher or a QB. Derek Carr was there at #27 after the trade down. Anyway...do you feel like it was a smart draft in terms of sustainability? I don't.

Okay Mojo, obviously Buchanon was a good pick. We needed a hard hitting safety that can cover TE's & he fills the bill. Coaches had him rated as the best SS in the draft. Niklas is exactly what Arians wants in a TE. Blocker first, receiver 2nd. He is going to be a great TE for the Cards imho. He is very large & fluid by all camp accounts. John Brown is blowing by everyone & catching everything in sight. Reports are he's picked up the playbook very quickly. Arians was cautious early in camp because he wanted to see the speed with pads on. Apparently he is just as fast, runs crisp precise routes, & has great hands. Martin was drafted as an OLB but he has added weight & strength & is playing as a DE. He has been a big surprise in camp. He opened some eyes with his playmaking ability.
Their draft looked pretty mediocre because there weren't any big name players, but I trust in Keim & the scouting department. They always seem to find hidden gems.

Cardncub

Rookie
What are your honest opinions on the Cards draft? I've been pretty critical of it because i felt they had some chances to really solidify and reinforce that front seven...and also put a higher priority on a rookie QB.
It appears to me that they made a conscious choice to try and just plug holes for the here and now....instead of drafting BPA.
AZ brought in Ted Ginn in FA...then draft John Brown in the 3rd rd...?? I don't get it. Brown was a reach at that spot and sort of redundant IMO.

We had a 5 rd community mock draft here and i drew AZ because of my familiarity w/the team and i was pretty shocked at the direction they went. I liked the Troy Niklas pick. Thats it. Obviously no one could have seen the DWash suspension coming, but Dansby had left, Dockett is 33 yrs old, and outside of 36 yr old John Abraham there aren't any pure pass rushers there. I felt that in order to maintain and keep up in the NFCW they needed to replenish the front seven.

Then there's the Logan Thomas pick in the 4th rd. Palmer is 34 and there's no one behind him. Manziel and Bridgewater were there at #20. So was Dee Ford the pass rusher(who went at #23).
I thought the trade down made sense, but only if they could land a pass rusher or a QB. Derek Carr was there at #27 after the trade down. Anyway...do you feel like it was a smart draft in terms of sustainability? I don't.

Also word came out the draft that they were ready to trade up to #10 to Anthony Barr but he was picked @ 9. I don't think there was any good pass rushers available when they picked to tell the truth. Martin has been compared to Clowney in physical ability but he is just very raw. Logan Thomas is a lottery pick. If he gets it look out. He has all of the traits you look for in a QB. Rocket arm, tall, & can run. His main problem was playing in a small school, no talent around him, & tried to do to much. If he gets his decision making down (which is huge btw) he'll be great. He is definitely a project.

Cardncub

Rookie
Anyone watching tonight's game against the Texans? Just curious on your opinions. Not trying to be a troll. I always like to see what non-homers think about a game. You get a more honest view on things vs the announcers & such. :cheers:

RamsFan14

Starter
Honestly, I think you guys will be a hassle to deal with. When it comes to pass and pass defense, you guys should be more then set. I think Carson Palmer will have a good year, especially if he's protected because you guys have a lot of weapons around him. He came on late last year other then the 4 pick game he had against Seattle... Linebackers and offensive line I'm still iffy on... But I still expect you guys to be pretty solid on both sides of the ball, assuming the OL isn't a disaster.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
IMO their run defense takes a big step backwards...which translates to getting beat up in this division. We know about the LB issues, but it's going to be a long season for Dockett, Campbell if they don't get enough run support from that secondary. Peterson, an old Cromartie, a re-habbing Mathieu and a rookie SS could be the softest DB's in the division vs the run.
Supporting my case with visual evidence provided by a Cardinals fan elsewhere:
5kkln4.gif