Not sold on the Az Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I just really think Palmer does not have a lot of good football left in him. Also I think that defense they have will wear out during the course of the year. Lot of experts thinks they are better than us. I say no.
What say you?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i say losing their best two lbers is gonna hurt their run d and their te coverage. on the flip side michael floyd will probably break out big time this season so jj and tru better start studying him.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Fitz is on downslide also and I think they lack a good run game.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
They're a solid team but we can certainly pass them up if we play to our potential

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I wouldn't sleep on them. Campbell and Peterson on defense and Fitzgerald, Floyd and Ellington on offense make them really tough outside on both sides of the ball.

They're a tough out, like anyone else in this division. We should be psyched when the Rams beat them.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Palmer I do not trust. This guy is another Qb that cannot get it done. He seems to get a free pass a lot.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I think Fitz is on downslide also and I think they lack a good run game.
I think you might be right about Fitz. He's definitely not young any more and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't top 1000 yards again.

Palmer I do not trust. This guy is another Qb that cannot get it done. He seems to get a free pass a lot.

He did manage to throw for over 4,000 yards under center for the Raiders two years ago. Palmer is going to throw his share of interceptions but not quite Eli Manning amounts.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I think you might be right about Fitz. He's definitely not young any more and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't top 1000 yards again.

He did manage to throw for over 4,000 yards under center for the Raiders two years ago. Palmer is going to throw his share of interceptions but not quite Eli Manning amounts.

Eli talk about overrated.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
If only Eli could be subbed in for Peyton during the playoffs they would make the best QB ever. Eli may struggle for 16 regular season games but he is clutch when it counts.

Dam lucky when he beat the Pats for that luck ass catch by Tyree/LOL Pats

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Getting back on topic. I think losing Washington, for the year maybe forever, and Dansby is more of a reason for the Cards to regress some this year than Palmer being quarterback.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Getting back on topic. I think losing Washington, for the year maybe forever, and Dansby is more of a reason for the Cards to regress some this year than Palmer being quarterback.

JMO, but I didn't really think Dansby was that great last year. I think they're just an unusual 3-4 team in that their D-Line is the strength of the unit as opposed to the LBs, and it helps make the LBs look good. I think Campbell and Dockett could make Minter look pretty good this year.

The key to beating them, I think, is hitting your tight end and you slot receiver up the middle on offense and keeping outside contain on Ellington on defense, while not letting Floyd beat you up top.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I wouldn't mind if Dockett started to slow down a little. Doesn't Dockett have the tendency to say things without thinking? I can't think of anything that he's said lately.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
They lost their best defensive player in Washington, and Palmer is a turnover machine.

If we jam Fitz at the line and give our pass rush an extra second on any given play, we have the chance to blow them out.

The key to beating their defense this year is going to be a strong running game to set up play action passes to fool the younger guys in their secondary. Cook and Austin should have some nice games against them.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I just really think Palmer does not have a lot of good football left in him. Also I think that defense they have will wear out during the course of the year. Lot of experts thinks they are better than us. I say no.
What say you?

I'll let Chip Kelly respond...

"The hype that goes into the draft is insane. Totally insane," said Kelly, who spent four seasons as Oregon's coach before being hired by the Eagles. "The biggest thing for me is that everybody thinks whoever you drafted or whoever you signed is now going to be a savior. They come in just like me and you come in as freshmen in high school or freshmen in college, or your first year on the job at Sports Illustrated -- you're not telling people what to do, you're just trying to figure out what room to go to.

"I think a lot of times the hype turns into really, really hard times for the individual who got picked because there's so many expectations of everyone building them up to be Superman because they had three months to write about them and talk about them. Then when they get picked, they're a very, very good prospect, but there's a learning curve when you go from any job out of college into a company. If you take a job at Wells Fargo when you get out of college, your first day of the job, they don't say, 'He's our first-round draft pick, he's the savior to the company!' "

Bottom line, no-one knows who's going to be better or worse until the season plays out. Every fan of every team believes their team will improve based upon experience, new players, coaches, etc., etc. To me, more often than not, one of the biggest disappointments comes each and every year when either injuries, the schedule, match-up(s) or unanticipated circumstances (think Bradford) arises that turns the season on its head.

That said, I think it's great to be excited and support your team of choice, that's what we all do and that's what makes this sport what it is. At the same time, I believe it's important to keep things in both context and perspective. This team has a lot to prove and before we annoint them with division titles or sack records, don't you think we should let them play a bit before we proclaim them as the best D line on the planet or think up some catchy name for the front 4?

I know how it feels to get excited, the road has been a long and difficult one, especially after over a half century of following, cheering, crying and bleeding for this team. So go ahead and get excited, plan for the best, but at least prepare yourselves for a bumpy ride, because that's just the way it is with this game we love so much.

As for Palmer.......well if QB's like Brady, Rogers and Manning believe they can play well into their 40's, what makes you think Palmer can't? Too often we (hope) the other team will falter.........often a fatal mistake, IMO.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What Ramsince62 said...how do I get his name to light up blue? dang it, I did it once and forgot......grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Can't underestimate nobody...Their coach is solid, defense was pretty good, they lost those LB's & Honey Badger is effed up right now...But that O-Line has been rebuilt. Ellington was a monster in college...They have just as much as a chance as all other 32 teams....

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Barring injuries to guys like Palmer or Ellington or OLine, i think their offense will be the best in the division this season. M.Floyd is the real deal and Arians will have that O purring like a machine as long as the OLine gels quickly.

IMO their run defense takes a big step backwards...which translates to getting beat up in this division. We know about the LB issues, but it's going to be a long season for Dockett, Campbell if they don't get enough run support from that secondary. Peterson, an old Cromartie, a re-habbing Mathieu and a rookie SS could be the softest DB's in the division vs the run. I don't want to face them on 3rd and long but IMO that D is gonna get run over by us, SF and Seattle.

Last edited:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I said that a while ago. I think they are a team that is getting way more positive vibe than warranted...though I still see them as a team you don't want to overlook.