Norell Pollard - a name that is not commonly mentioned with Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not a ton of highlights on him but like all highlights only shows the good plays.

He plays both 2i and 3-tech. Seems to play like Wingo, Hall (Ohio State), Brandon Dorlus those kind of smaller, active guys who spin and do quick moves.

I guess a smaller guy like him can play 2i in college ... could play that in NFL on passing downs

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gotta admit I haven't watched him at all, mostly stick to the guys at schools where I can get cutups of them or the unit for easy viewing. Looks to me like a natural 3T in his highlights, in terms of his build and skills, so would be a nice rotational pickup assuming they don't add a 3T at the top.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Gotta admit I haven't watched him at all, mostly stick to the guys at schools where I can get cutups of them or the unit for easy viewing. Looks to me like a natural 3T in his highlights, in terms of his build and skills, so would be a nice rotational pickup assuming they don't add a 3T at the top.
I wouldn’t mind the DLine depth improving at all

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I think this may be one of those sleeper guys who gets picked way higher than expected. Maybe third round?
The 29 reps on the bench, in addition to the speed numbers, gets me excited for him.
Rams hit on Kobie last year, maybe found another gem ... not a ton of film on him, but looks pretty good

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think this may be one of those sleeper guys who gets picked way higher than expected. Maybe third round?
The 29 reps on the bench, in addition to the speed numbers, gets me excited for him.
Jumping from a UDFA projection to round three is quite a leap

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Jumping from a UDFA projection to round three is quite a leap
The only people making these projections are draftniks. We don't know what teams think. Turner was off the radar on a lot of the more common draft sites. I know there were some guys that really liked him, that I discovered later, but pre-draft, I never heard of him. And I read a bunch of sites, but I didn't recall seeing his name.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He would really be a big, big surprise to be drafted in the mid-rounds. Big.

He actually isn't even on Dane Brugler's "Beast" list... Turner was ranked a 4th rounder on that... and Desjuan Johnson was even on there as a UDFA.

Pollard's traits are interesting to me.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Rams will add 2 or 3 D Linemen in the draft. The depth at this moment is not good.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He would really be a big, big surprise to be drafted in the mid-rounds. Big.

He actually isn't even on Dane Brugler's "Beast" list... Turner was ranked a 4th rounder on that... and Desjuan Johnson was even on there as a UDFA.

Pollard's traits are interesting to me.
A fourth rounder drafted at the end of round three isn’t a huge leap. Mr. Irrelevant not being an udfa is a huge leap either.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
A fourth rounder drafted at the end of round three isn’t a huge leap. Mr. Irrelevant not being an udfa is a huge leap either.
I'm not arguing. Was not a prediction, just a thought about a guy with some pretty impressive testing.

I brought up Turner and Desjuan Johnson to *support* your point.. he's not even on Brugler's big board.. and I put two players who were pretty accurately cast on that board who ended up on the Rams for context.

I agreed that it was highly unlikely.. "big, big surprise" I wrote.

So, what's your point? Because I acknowledged what you said.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not arguing. Was not a prediction, just a thought about a guy with some pretty impressive testing.

I brought up Turner and Desjuan Johnson to *support* your point.. he's not even on Brugler's big board.. and I put two players who were pretty accurately cast on that board who ended up on the Rams for context.

I agreed that it was highly unlikely.. "big, big surprise" I wrote.

So, what's your point? Because I acknowledged what you said.
I misunderstood what you were saying. I should have read it over.

RamsinNV

UDFA
Seems like the Rams preparing to bring in depth and competition at the position with UDFA types; hopefully contingency plans should the draft go a certain way. Similar to the story of interest in Savion Jackson from NC Stste.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Seems like the Rams preparing to bring in depth and competition at the position with UDFA types; hopefully contingency plans should the draft go a certain way. Similar to the story of interest in Savion Jackson from NC Stste.
More backups and filler, like Jonah Williams and Latrell Murchison. I will be disappointed if that is the route they take.

It will be interesting to see what the defense looks like in September. With AD gone it frees up more opposing Olinemen to block the backups. Pass rush will be non existent for another season. I hope they at least draft a good edge rusher.

RamsinNV

UDFA
Agree Elm. I hope it’s the backup plan. I do appreciate the scouting department for digging into players so far down on big boards.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
The only people making these projections are draftniks.
It's just fun and games ... fills time in the offseason for fans ... nothing wrong with it but it's not to be taken too seriously.
We don't know what teams think.
Right, we do know who they visit but have no idea who they will take

Turner was off the radar on a lot of the more common draft sites. I know there were some guys that really liked him, that I discovered later, but pre-draft, I never heard of him.
Yep. And when Rams took him many fans freaked. Others thought he was simply taken too high (including me)

And I read a bunch of sites, but I didn't recall seeing his name.
Pretty much. PFF had him as a low 3rd round but majority had him as a 5th rounder to 7ths.

I have no idea what they are thinking about him other than the original tweet ... and that wasn't some Rams fan site ... guy has some credibility, but even so, he doesn't "know" either. He's just reporting what he's heard.