Nick Wright: LA Rams are the "scariest and the best team" in the NFC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Yeah, I would agree. Not a wide margin from number one to number six. Its pretty wide open. We could lose in the first round or we could go on to the Superbowl. Or somewhere in between. Its anyone's guess at this point.

Ok so how did we go from, "scariest team in NFC" to "we could lose in the first round...."

This isn't you talking, its the old, or more recent, rams defeatist mentality rearing its ugly head. Its understandable but the next time it happens, go into the bathroom, even if youre at dinner, at the movies, or in bed pleasing your partner, you go straight to the bathroom, look yourself deeply in the mirror, and say, OUT LOUD, that was the old way. You no longer control my emotions, jeff fisher. And you repeat this until the wave passes. It may take a while and you may get some funny looks in the the public restrooms but damn it man its for your own good!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yep, we'd have to run on Minnesota. That was our problem last time we played them. We couldn't get the running game going. However, over the past three weeks, we faced off against three teams ranked in the top 10 in run defense. Philly was actually #1, and Tennessee was top 3.(Seattle was near the bottom of the top 10, IIRC) Gurley averaged 6.5 yards per carry across those three games and ran for 366 yards and 5 TDs.

If our OL continues to block like they have and Gurley runs like he has, we'll be tough for anyone to beat.
I actually think our biggest problem was that we had no answer for defending Thielen. Hatfield (sp) was absolutely horrible.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
If the Rams can't beat Carolina with resting some starters, they won't beat the VIkings or Eagles.....rest them and kill the Panthers!

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I think they are capable of beating Minnesota if McVay improves his gameplanning vs Zimmer (who schooled him pretty good in the first matchup), but that kicker might end up sealing the deal, we'll see. .

Vikings and Rams were tied until our CBs were injured. Plus the Kupp fumble. So even thought he Vikings won the first match up, it's hard to beat a good team twice in a season. Still think the Rams are better than the Vikings. Rams worst enemy is the Rams. Unforced Turnovers.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Vikings and Rams were tied until our CBs were injured. Plus the Kupp fumble. So even thought he Vikings won the first match up, it's hard to beat a good team twice in a season. Still think the Rams are better than the Vikings. Rams worst enemy is the Rams. Unforced Turnovers.

I know man, watched the game too. But of all the teams we faced this season they did the best job vs our offense. What gives me hope is that the Rams offense schooled the F out of Seattle after being dumbed down early in the season. But they remain the biggest threat to the Rams' Super Bowl aspirations IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually think our biggest problem was that we had no answer for defending Thielen. Hatfield (sp) was absolutely horrible.

Meh, we defended Thielen until Hatfield got put on him. Barring a crazy amount of injuries, I think we'll be okay on that front the next time we play them. Our offense wasn't moving the ball at all, which was our biggest problem until injuries struck.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it's disappointing the rams aren't chasing the #3 spot. there's a good chance the eagles lose in the 2nd week of the playoffs. rams could have been hosting the nfc championship game most probably. why risk going to a cold, fucked up place like philly?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Meh, we defended Thielen until Hatfield got put on him. Barring a crazy amount of injuries, I think we'll be okay on that front the next time we play them. Our offense wasn't moving the ball at all, which was our biggest problem until injuries struck.
We also didn't have the ball that much IIRC. We couldn't stop Theilen. They were just playing catch. Marching down the field at will via the left side.
Minnys D is tough, but given more opportunities on offense would give us a better chance of wearing that D down.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We also didn't have the ball that much IIRC. We couldn't stop Theilen. They were just playing catch. Marching down the field at will via the left side.
Minnys D is tough, but given more opportunities on offense would give us a better chance of wearing that D down.

Well, he had been held in check until the 4th quarter when we had to put Hatfield on him. That's just a bad matchup. I doubt we'll have that issue again. I'd put Tru on Thielen and NRC on Diggs.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Well, he had been held in check until the 4th quarter when we had to put Hatfield on him. That's just a bad matchup. I doubt we'll have that issue again. I'd put Tru on Thielen and NRC on Diggs.
Well, I trust Hill much more than Hatfield. Diggs can cause trouble himself. They really are a couple of very good WR's

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Ok so how did we go from, "scariest team in NFC" to "we could lose in the first round...."

This isn't you talking, its the old, or more recent, rams defeatist mentality rearing its ugly head. Its understandable but the next time it happens, go into the bathroom, even if youre at dinner, at the movies, or in bed pleasing your partner, you go straight to the bathroom, look yourself deeply in the mirror, and say, OUT LOUD, that was the old way. You no longer control my emotions, jeff fisher. And you repeat this until the wave passes. It may take a while and you may get some funny looks in the the public restrooms but damn it man its for your own good!

I CAN'T GET FISHER OUT OF MY HEAD!!

tenor.gif