Nick Foles not concerned with Rams' OL chaos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
You're acting like there is a huge difference in experience between the three. Barnes has what 4 career starts? Also it's Fishers call and history to worry about not coach Boudreaux. And Fisher just said there was no problem starting young OLinemen.

Actually the experience level difference is huge between Barnes/Jones & Rhaney. Maybe not in terms of actual regular season games, but in every other facet the gap is huge. Barnes/Jones have collegiate careers against top flight Big 12/SEC competition while Rhaney is Division II experience. Barnes/Jones have multiple camps/pre-season games/regular season practices, while Rhaney has a partial training camp and pre-season experience against 3rd stringers. I'm not saying Rhaney won't win the job, but when it comes to experience, yes, the gap is huge.

rdw

Pro Bowler
I like the third party reports better. Cause the coaches and players say the same things every year. They always remind me of Brendan Fraser's interviews in that movie Bedazzled.
you go out there and give 110% and you wanna play good and you know you hope to play good... I think played good.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My guess is the center rotation goes on for two preseason games. Players who do not perform well will in the games will see their way out of the battle. My bet is on Rhaney, still on his hype train, and Jones is the last one he beats out. Barnes could be on the first roster cuts along with the Wang.

I sure would never short sale Demetrius Rhaney! I will admit I have set in concrete that the best OL position for Rhaney is OC....my bad its just that short small size its sure easy to find him in all the OL photos. I'll get back to Rhaney later but.....

After reading the very good post by woofwoofmo, I need not add too much after his printed thoughts. I would like to say Tim Barnes now entering his 5th NFL Training Camp. He has been involved dressed & played in 45 Rams games. Yes he has started 4 games & finished 2 others as the starter for Wells. Having been selected by the Rams OL coach Boudreau to be the 2013 & 2014 sixth OL'er. Thats big! He was a 3 yr starter for for a very large NCAA program @ Missouri, with All-Big 12 honors in 2008 and first-team All-Big 12 accolades from league coaches in 2010. Barnes is far from being a WWC.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/1123309

Rhaney may in deed be a Ram Ol'er for a while. He is not just a OC as many may think. Even though he does not come from a large program Rhaney does bring a lot more versatility than may be known. As a Freshman he started @ both ORT & ORG. As a Sophmore & Jr he played ORG. He was moved & started @ OC his SR yr.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/demetrius-rhaney?id=2549991
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1999035/demetrius-rhaney
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2059413-how-c-demetrius-rhaney-fits-with-rams

Once the starter @ OC is settled on then we may see the versatility of Rhaney in the OLG & ORG posts in competition with Bond/Wang/Wichmann/Washington & Donnal.

Finally your comment that Fisher says he has no problem with starting young OL'ers OK:cautious: but starting 3 OL'ers who are 22/23 with zero NFL experience would be near unheard of in the NFL when solid veterans like Reynolds/Barnes are available. Boudreau has never shown to be in agreement with Fisher on that statement/subjecto_O.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rhaney may in deed be a Ram Ol'er for a while. He is not just a OC as many may think. Even though he does not come from a large program Rhaney does bring a lot more versatility than may be known. As a Freshman he started @ both ORT & ORG. As a Sophmore & Jr he played ORG. He was moved & started @ OC his SR yr.

You realized of course that the moving around the OLine is the same thing Barrett Jones did of course. First two years started at RG. Junior year at LT. Senior he moved in to Center. Also I'm very well aware of Rhaney's college experience.

Finally your comment that Fisher says he has no problem with starting young OL'ers OK:cautious: but starting 3 OL'ers who are 22/23 with zero NFL experience would be near unheard of in the NFL when solid veterans like Reynolds/Barnes are available. Boudreau has never shown to be in agreement with Fisher on that statement/subjecto_O.

Today I learned the OLine coach is going to tell Fisher who has to start(y). It's strange the love Barnes and Jones get on Rams websites, they're so good and experienced yet they couldn't start over Scott Wells last year when they were healthy. Most of Barnes and Jones experience is on special teams which is nice and something to brag about I guess but it hardly makes them quality veterans. Reynolds I think had a chance to start at RG over Brown but the reports coming out of camp are glowing for Brown.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Today I learned the OLine coach is going to tell Fisher who has to start(y). It's strange the love Barnes and Jones get on Rams websites, they're so good and experienced yet they couldn't start over Scott Wells last year when they were healthy. Most of Barnes and Jones experience is on special teams which is nice and something to brag about I guess but it hardly makes them quality veterans. Reynolds I think had a chance to start at RG over Brown but the reports coming out of camp are glowing for Brown.

Do you think the HC Fisher tells Paul Boudreau who to start & where? I fully realize that Fisher has final calls on all the shots but I sure do not think that Fisher gets into a highly experienced OL coach & gets into the micro mtg. of which OL starts. Boudreau is full responsible for the OL and I am sure that Fisher/Snead & the OC provide the goals & objectives of what they want out of their Ol but as to which players & the general make up of the OL......Boudreau plays a heavy hand in it...for it is his unit.

I completely reject your premise reference your statement " It's strange the love Barnes and Jones get on Rams websites, they're so good and experienced yet they couldn't start over Scott Wells last year when they were healthy." There were many elements that came into play as to why we saw Wells start through-out his final season in 2014.

Its been discussed many times in this forum about the health of Barnes & Jones during the 2014 season. I am Not sure either of those two reserve centers were ever fully healthy in 2014.

Sir If you permit me I would suggest you may what to use this forum search app & do a little deeper research on those past posts by many different members. Many of them were very good & in-depth in giving us a much broader view on what may have occurred other than the one you set up above. Thank you for your time:coffee:

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you think the HC Fisher tells Paul Boudreau who to start & where? I fully realize that Fisher has final calls on all the shots but I sure do not think that Fisher gets into a highly experienced OL coach & gets into the micro mtg. of which OL starts. Boudreau is full responsible for the OL and I am sure that Fisher/Snead & the OC provide the goals & objectives of what they want out of their Ol but as to which players & the general make up of the OL......Boudreau plays a heavy hand in it...for it is his unit.

Boudreau coaches and teaches the OLine the scheme that Fisher and Cignetti want to run. Fisher watches them in practice and in game and makes the decisions on who will start for his team. If you watched the hour long show on the team yesterday on NFLN did you see Fisher anywhere other than with the offense? Everytime but one he was on camera he was watching the offense. In position drill time he was with the offense. In 11 v 11 he was behind the QB watching the offense, yes he could see the defense as well there but positioning suggests offense was the focus. The only time he wasn't watching offense was watching GZ kick, at least that we saw on tv.

Suggest away, I've seen, read and participated in no few debates about last years center and guard struggles. Indeed thank you for your time in this fun debate.

I'll just leave with one last thing, note he says we'll start, not Couch Boudreau will start.

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...cerned-about-starting-youth-on-offensive-line