NHL Playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On to the Eastern Conference Final:
DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE the Ottawa Senators -- they're one of those teams that isn't flashy, but manages to do enough to get the win. Here's hoping that Trevor Daley will be able to return at some point in the ECF.

Tough OT loss for the PENS Saturday, need this game tonight. Senators are most certainly going to make Pittsburgh have to earn it if they want a shot at returning to the SCF.

GO PENS!

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Tough OT loss for the PENS Saturday, need this game tonight. Senators are most certainly going to make Pittsburgh have to earn it if they want a shot at returning to the SCF.

GO PENS!

I consider tonight's game a must-win -- don't want to head to Ottawa for Wednesday down 2-0. The chances were definitely there in Game 1; they just couldn't cash in.

Ottawa is definitely embracing the underdog role, with the "nobody thought we'd be here" attitude. They're playing with house money -- all the pressure is on the Pens right now.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
BTW, guys: Showtime is doing another season of All Access: Quest for the Stanley Cup -- it premieres Saturday, May 20. The DVR is already set.

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like Kessel and Malkin weren’t on the same page last night until 6:55 left in the game. Great concentration on Kessels' part picking up the puck off the defenders skate with such quick reaction time.

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMG_1291.GIF

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
That was as brutal a first period as I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing. Fleury just was NOT on his game, and it showed in the first minute of action.

Here's hoping that Ottawa has blown their proverbial load on offense.

Still, the Pens have to be able to score more than one goal each game if they have any hope of advancing. Definitely need Hornqvist back to reprise his role as the annoying neighbor on the doorstep.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ottawa has championship run written all over them.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
The no-look pass to Phil the Thrill is friggin' awesome:

And this was NOT Craig Anderson's day:

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Congrats to the Preds

Hope the Penguins can close it out tonight.

I'm afraid of the let down after they blew out Ottawa Sunday.

Teams are 1-4 after a blowout win like that in this playoff year but I heard that 79% of game 5 winners win the series.

Rather it be in 6 and not have to go back to Pitt for a game 7.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Hope the Penguins can close it out tonight.

I'm afraid of the let down after they blew out Ottawa Sunday.

Well...Game 6 was a lot like Game 1 of this series -- Pens found a way to spend a good amount of time in Ottawa's zone; they just couldn't cash in.

Pens need more tic-tac-toe action in front of Ottawa's net. Anderson is coming way out to the top of the crease -- he's gonna hoover any and all shots that come from right down the middle of Main Street. Some east-to-west passes down low can exploit his positioning -- of course that's easier said than done, the way Ottawa creates a lot of traffic while defending their zone.

Another stat for you -- under Sullivan, the Pens are 12-2 in playoff games following a loss. Here's hoping for lucky 13 tomorrow night.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Well...Game 6 was a lot like Game 1 of this series -- Pens found a way to spend a good amount of time in Ottawa's zone; they just couldn't cash in.

Another stat for you -- under Sullivan, the Pens are 12-2 in playoff games following a loss. Here's hoping for lucky 13 tomorrow night.

Appropriate that this is a football forum, because 87 ended up being tackled half the game.

I am sick to death of the punches to the head and cross checks to the head and elbows to the head being allowed and then Hainsey is called for the ticky tack interference that led to the 5 on 3.

I've been listening to Sirius NHL radio out of Canada. While there seems to be lip service paid to 87 being the "best hockey player in the world", I don't get the dislike for Crosby and the Pens from north of the border and everywhere in general. Same thing happened 20 years ago with Mario and Jagr.

It's bullshit.

Malkin dominated last night and Crosby played very well despite the cheap shots. The whole team played well.

If they play like that again, they'll win it and move on without a doubt in my mind.

Last edited:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Watched game 7 2OT Pens and Sens tonight at Sharkys in Tamarindo, CR pouring rain and lightning with my great friend, Dollard from Calgary. Separate family and lives but we both live here since Spanish class last October.

Great fuckin Eastern Conf.Series finale!

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Typical Stanley Cup playoff game.....edge of your seat!

Predators vs defending Stanley Cup champion Penguins

Who wants to see 7 more games at this level? :yess::cheers:

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s what playoff hockey is all about! Edge of your seat high anxiety pure adrenalin rush! Hats off to the Ottawa club, how the PENS kept their composure and frustrations in check is beyond me, all I know is Craig Anderson was pissing me off. In the end you can’t deny that Pittsburgh was the superior team even with all the injuries IMO.

GO PENS
giphy.gif

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
That’s what playoff hockey is all about! Edge of your seat high anxiety pure adrenalin rush! Hats off to the Ottawa club, how the PENS kept their composure and frustrations in check is beyond me, all I know is Craig Anderson was pissing me off. In the end you can’t deny that Pittsburgh was the superior team even with all the injuries IMO.

GO PENS

Credit where credit is due -- Craig Anderson is the reason this series went 7 games.

Totally pumped that the PENS are back in the Stanley Cup Final. Of course, all my friends who are flyers fans (my wife included....nobody's perfect) are rooting for the Predators -- partly because of the Laviolette connection, but mainly because they hate the Penguins.

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Credit where credit is due -- Craig Anderson is the reason this series went 7 games.

Totally pumped that the PENS are back in the Stanley Cup Final. Of course, all my friends who are flyers fans (my wife included....nobody's perfect) are rooting for the Predators -- partly because of the Laviolette connection, but mainly because they hate the Penguins.

Let's get another one of these and shut down all the critics!
BACK-TO-BACK-Audio-CD-Replay-of-the-Penguins-19911992-Season-Stanley-Cup--_1.JPG