NFL Draft Discussion: Rounds 4-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame

Its a COMPENSATORY PICK people, it doesn't matter who they use that pick on, it would have been a HUGE reach to say that guy would improving the team. Sometimes there are bigger things to be gained from just being about FOOTBALL. This is about giving an opportunity to a kid who was good enough to win the DPOY in the BEST Conference in college football.

And the BEST coach in the league to handle the hoopla that will follow this.

A55VA6

Legend
Fisher just got on the phone on NFL Network.

Wanted to give Michael Sam an opportunity. Good football player. Excited to get him involved on the defensive front. Doesn't have any concerns about the "attention" Michael Sam will bring.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
classy.

Mod Edit; quoted post removed as inappropriate.
I hope the mods got rid of that clown (not hometownboy, the poster he was quoting)... I think they only had 12 posts here. We don't need that kinda crapola here.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Its a COMPENSATORY PICK people, it doesn't matter who they use that pick on, it would have been a HUGE reach to say that guy would improving the team. Sometimes there are bigger things to be gained from just being about FOOTBALL. This is about giving an opportunity to a kid who was good enough to win the DPOY in the BEST Conference in college football.

And the BEST coach in the league to handle the hoopla that will follow this.
Think of how much our fanbase just grew. We've got an entire new and loyal audience. Great move.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Sam can play and will only add to our team. We just sold a lot of tickets and Michael Sam jerseys. We will finally get some media attention. And we only used a 7th round pick.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Sam can play and will only add to our team. We just sold a lot of tickets and Michael Sam jerseys. We will finally get some media attention. And we only used a 7th round pick.
Ha ha ha... think of how many Rams jerseys will now fill up the Whiner's stadium when they play in San Francisco. This move was freaking brilliant.

jjab360

Legend
Eugene Sims has lowkey been not very good for us these past couple years. Has gotten a lot of snaps and not very much pressure. No way this kid doesn't make the team as that 4th DE, imo.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I hope the mods got rid of that clown (not hometownboy, the poster he was quoting)... I think they only had 12 posts here. We don't need that kinda crapola here.
I agree, dislike the pick all you want, but to start attacking the guy personally is a childish move.

Keep that crap to Rams Talk where it belongs.

CoachO

Hall of Fame

So you are saying he doesn't likely have a better chance to make this roster than Sammy Brown, who has been here for 3 years, and hasn't seen the field? The Rivers kid last year nearly approached cult hero status with his preseason play, and you honestly think the DPOY in the SEC isn't a better player?

CoachO

Hall of Fame

I posted this before,, these picks aren't always about finding STARTERS... you make it sound like the kid cant play the game. he was the DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR in the SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE.

I guess you haven't ben listening to either the NFL Network, or ESPN and hearing what they are saying about Greg Williams and how this is the BEST FIT for him as a FOOTBALL PLAYER. Bill Polian is one of the few on either of these networks who actually knows what he is talking about. And he loves the pick for the RAMS

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I posted this before,, these picks aren't always about finding STARTERS... you make it sound like the kid cant play the game. he was the DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR in the SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE.

I guess you haven't ben listening to either the NFL Network, or ESPN and hearing what they are saying about Greg Williams and how this is the BEST FIT for him as a FOOTBALL PLAYER. Bill Polian is one of the few on either of these networks who actually knows what he is talking about. And he loves the pick for the RAMS
Take it easy. It's okay if people have a different view on what they wanted to do with a late round pick. No need to shout him into siding with you.