NFL Covid Stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Should probably add Brian Allen to this list, though I believe he has fully recovered at this point.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't read that as Lewis HAS the virus. I read it that Lewis is opting out of the 2020 season. Sure would like more information on that.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't read that as Lewis HAS the virus. I read it that Lewis is opting out of the 2020 season. Sure would like more information on that.

I think this is list if they test positive this not counting as an IR? Opting out is just opting out? Idk, I know Brewer opted out but he’s not on this list. But maybe not updated yet. Color me confused.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok here is explanation. Not necessarily positive just possibly in quarantine. Either way, not good. Put edit in first post to clarify.

This new reserve list category was created for a player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or who has been quarantined after having been in close contact with an infected person or persons. If a player falls into either of these categories, their club is required to immediately place the player on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Per agreed upon NFL-NFLPA policy, clubs are not permitted to comment on player's medical status other than referring to roster status. Clubs may not disclose whether player is in quarantine or is positive for COVID-19.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
New, average Olinemen are coming every year, and these guys could catch the virus anywhere...M'kay.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Chandler Brewer opted out, he is at high risk due to him having non Hodgkins lymphoma. Lewis and Hoecht are both on reserve/covid list. There are at least 2 Rams players that have had covid and recovered, Brian Allen and Whitworth. It could help the team if more players had it and recovered already as they possibly will be immune.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ok here is explanation. Not necessarily positive just possibly in quarantine. Either way, not good.

This new reserve list category was created for a player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or who has been quarantined after having been in close contact with an infected person or persons. If a player falls into either of these categories, their club is required to immediately place the player on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Per agreed upon NFL-NFLPA policy, clubs are not permitted to comment on player's medical status other than referring to roster status. Clubs may not disclose whether player is in quarantine or is positive for COVID-19.

RE: Lewis... He probably tested positive, a symptomatic, maybe. Has to quarantine, join later.

That wouldn’t be too bad of an outcome, if the case.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Ok here is explanation. Not necessarily positive just possibly in quarantine. Either way, not good. Put edit in first post to clarify.

If a player is going to get covid, it is better to get it now vs during the season.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So what's the official Covid IR quarantine timetables? Min 14 days or longer if necessary?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
So what's the official Covid IR quarantine timetables? Min 14 days or longer if necessary?
Not sure on the NFL regulation on this, but for the general public quarantine is 14 days from exposure or 10 days from onset of symptoms and 24 hrs symptom free. It seems I remember something about 21 days for the NFL, not sure if it was a minimum or maximum.

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
Michael Hoecht is on that list and I hope he is able to return. This kid is legit and IMO can provide quality depth behind AD. He's got strength and similar speed and quickness as AD. If AD can mentor this kid he has all the tools to become a true beast. Hoecht can also play outside and IMO would provide security should the Rams lose Ebukam as a FA. Moving Hoecht outside will allow the Rams to move Lewis into that SAM OLB role. This is the kind of positional versatility that the Rams have in their roster. It will serve them well during the COVID season and into the future. I was surprised that Hoecht wasn't drafted.

I'm not surprised Brewer opted out and think it's a wise decision on his part. Just gives him another year to train and IMO he has a future in the NFL I only hope he can stay with the Rams.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Brewer with his history opting out makes a ton of sense. Best of luck to him and his staying healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.