New Rams logos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
While he is doing it to help raise money for charity, it STILL comes across as incredibly disrespectful to a fan base that has proven that a majority of us dislike it, regardless if it is a good logo or not.

Yeah, but fan base hating it or not, the Rams will be contractually bound to whoever designed the logo.
I doubt it will be changed in the immediate future.
The new LA horn logo could, in a way, be quite neutral in as much to say that when fans visit the new stadium for any kind of event the merchandise might be available as a souvenir.
People might not instantly relate it to an NFL team with the LA part prominent and the horn a bit ambiguous.
Just an extra thought I had.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Yeah, but fan base hating it or not, the Rams will be contractually bound to whoever designed the logo.
I doubt it will be changed in the immediate future.
The new LA horn logo could, in a way, be quite neutral in as much to say that when fans visit the new stadium for any kind of event the merchandise might be available as a souvenir.
People might not instantly relate it to an NFL team with the LA part prominent and the horn a bit ambiguous.
Just an extra thought I had.

so they made our logo as a souvenir? For people that visit the stadium? Am I reading your post right lol?

I get what your saying the contractual issue though, nike wants its money, and we might be stuck with that logo

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are the first person to actually explain why you don't like the logo. As in it needs to look meaner - (maybe that was assumed by everyone), and I agree - much prefer the twitter redesign with the eye and sharpened horns. I'm about as un-PC as it gets - agree with you there as well.

When I wrote my post, I was actually referring to the LA logo that (btw not) everyone hates. And I stand by what I said.
I WOULD like to see a standalone RAMS logo with the horn coming off the 'A'.

And you are also correct - a camel is a horse designed by a committee. ;)
Cheers man - what kind of design work do you do?

(and please don't call me sir (asshole works), - I feel old enough as it is). :cool:
Lol, no prob. Ha ha. I’ve done mostly corporate design. Logos are my favorite, but I’ve designed almost everything there is to do. I’ve won a few awards and logo competitions in my day, worked too many hours and burnt out a time or two in the Houston market, but I love it now that I moved back to Oregon. I’ll ask you the same.

Oh, and one thing people (non designers) need to remember is the logo needs to be able to be embroidered, so not all designs work well that way.

Still, our Ram head looks emasculated. I think our Ram needs to look like he has a pair. This should be a fun logo to do. It doesn’t look like the designer had much fun to me. It looks watered down to appease the executives. Generally if people start drawing out ideas after the final logo is presented, it’s a failed design in my book. Just OK isn’t ok.

I really wish you and I could have had a shot at the design, VegasRam, but I know how these things usually go. ;) BTW: I didn’t mean to be rude if I came off that way. I’m just frustrated a bit. I want our logo to be the best because it always has been. Peace.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I have thought the current blue and white logo was “ok”, it’s not horrible or anything I just never thought it looked great on clothing or hats. I always thought the ram lent itself to a more dynamic image unlike some other logos like dolphins or cardinals. And isn’t the new stadium shaped like the old logo? That seems weird.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
so they made our logo as a souvenir? For people that visit the stadium? Am I reading your post right lol?

Not quite.
It's first and foremost an NFL cap for the Rams.
However, with LA emblazened on it with a swirl/horn/C, whatever, I am saying it perhaps also wouldn't ook out of place as a souvenir to visiting fans for other events.
The logo is rather subtle.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Now you all got me thinking maybe the phallic ram will bring more chicas to the Ramily, that could be a plus.

@Karate61

giphy.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I graduated top of my class from arguably the top design school in the world Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. And this logo fucking sucks.

And just to clarify - You don’t have to have a degree from a top design school to know whether it is good or bad either. Nor do you need to be able to explain specifically why it sucks, you can just know.

The fact that everyone is clowning our ass from opposing team’s fanbases is proof enough. The fact that wives want to pet it is proof enough. You don’t need to be a pro to know.

As someone mentioned earlier - this is the Pontiac Aztek of football logos. The uniforms are gonna be equally disastrous.

One thing we have to hope for is like what happens in English Football - that Adidas or Puma outbids Nike and eventually returns our iconic look to what we all grew up rooting for.
Reserving judgment on the unis until we actually see them. But yeah.

The Rams were certainly counting on the rebranding to lead a huge sales spike that carries them through this crucial season, to work hand in hand with the stadium debut to put the LA Rams on the map and in the fans' minds. And they shit the fucking bed.

When a good logo comes out everyone notes it and moves on. When a bad one comes out you see the backlash we saw with this one. I'm guessing the sales are going to be in the tank, Rams will be in that bottom five range which matters. Because had they gotten this right they would be moving enormous amounts of merchandise and probably leading the league in merch sales. Will be very surprised if our merch numbers this year are anything near good enough but we'll see.

By June or so if the numbers are as low as I expect we'll hear the team announce a redesign to get it right. IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If A'Shawn Robinson does not play up to his contract the Rams can easily trade or release him before the 2021 season without much dead money involved & a good sized cap savings too. Still have Brockers, Greg Gaines & Sebastian Joseph-Day signed for 2021/2022 seasons.
Robinson is a very interesting addition. He hasn't really lived up to his upside outside of short stretches. So while he's a run stuffer if he buys in on this program and works then he has a chance to be something more than that, and the contract allows for keeping him around if that happens. I think he was the Rams' best signing of the offseason because the Rams can get out of it if they choose or capitalize if they can get him rolling.

Looking at the DL overall we now have better depth and ability to load up a run stopping unit which is nice vs some teams like the 9ers. Going into this offseason many here felt running the ball and stopping the run should be the things the Rams are focusing on and they have definitely improved in stopping the run with him and Floyd. Now, were those two players together worth the $18M or whatever the Rams put out for them this season? Not so certain there (I'm of the mind that Floyd doesn't really move the needle all that much at his cost point) but that remains to be seen.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This simple change of completing the curl at the end of the horn makes it wayyy better IMO! The half horn before looked really half ass
I'm not the biggest fan of the cinnabun curl in the middle. I can live with it of course but a sharper point has always been something that could make it better, and not curling it all the way around looks more intimidating. Also I like the line that gives the horns a 3d effect so I hope the horns on the helmet are similar to the logo there too.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I'm not the biggest fan of the cinnabun curl in the middle. I can live with it of course but a sharper point has always been something that could make it better, and not curling it all the way around looks more intimidating. Also I like the line that gives the horns a 3d effect so I hope the horns on the helmet are similar to the logo there too.

Merlin - you're confusing the shit out of me - (granted, not hard to do ;) ),
...so do you hate both logos, or just the dickhead, or just the "LA" one.
Totally agree on the cinnabun - looks like dogshit to me - other one is much cleaner.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Merlin - you're confusing the shit out of me - (granted, not hard to do ;) ),
...so do you hate both logos, or just the dickhead, or just the "LA" one.
Totally agree on the cinnabun - looks like dogshit to me - other one is much cleaner.
You grumpy old fart you... :LOL:

I hate the LA Rams emblem that is supposedly their main logo now because it looks like a homogenized touchy-feely politically correct ram horn marriage with a crashing wave reminiscent of LAC and born of focus group stupidity and artsy-fartsy business culture dipshits who couldn't tell you what it feels like to strap up a helmet or endure hell week/two-a-days.

And I hate the Rams head backup logo too because it looks like a sheep with a dick on its head with all nice rounded edges in yet another focus group created art project that produced a non-threatening emblem better suited to a fucking cricket team.

Lastly and worst of all... The fact that the Rams put out those logos shows stupidity at the top and a careless wasting of Kroenke's money.

Re: the uniforms... I think the horn we saw on the first leaked hat image with the two lines to give it a 3d effect would look fantastic on the helmets and hope that's what they look like. With reflective gold too or so I hope. That said I am fucking terrified now of what they're going to look like because I think Demoff is a fucking idiot when it comes to branding. This is 100% his shit show IMO.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
The Ram head logo suffers the same problem as the 2000-2019 Ram head. It looks soft! The 60's and 70's head conveyed toughness and looked rugged like a battle tested animal. The new one looks softer than a grape.
I really like the blended LA with Ram head touched up with eyes that LoyalRam has in his Avatar.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I graduated top of my class from arguably the top design school in the world Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. And this logo fucking sucks.

And just to clarify - You don’t have to have a degree from a top design school to know whether it is good or bad either. Nor do you need to be able to explain specifically why it sucks, you can just know.

The fact that everyone is clowning our ass from opposing team’s fanbases is proof enough. The fact that wives want to pet it is proof enough. You don’t need to be a pro to know.

As someone mentioned earlier - this is the Pontiac Aztek of football logos. The uniforms are gonna be equally disastrous.

One thing we have to hope for is like what happens in English Football - that Adidas or Puma outbids Nike and eventually returns our iconic look to what we all grew up rooting for.

Out of curiosity, how would you design the logo? Not that I want you to actually make one, but I mean what type of elements would you be looking to go for? If that's too much work, don't worry about it, I just have no design skill or really artistic knowledge, and don't really know what the best route to go is.