New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Robles's mouth gets him in trouble and sometimes he says things without thinking. I think this was more about Fabiani and the Chargers being stiffed.

He's not a very smart politician really, loves to yap, gets caught up in little drama, loves to make things a big dog and pony show. That's one of the things that makes Inglewood look so clean, Butts is a far better politician. It makes Robles look out of his league, which again, can't give the NFL the warm and fuzzies. Obviously mayors come and go, so long term its not big, but during this process you need to be as clean as possible.

MrMotes

Starter
He's not a very smart politician really, loves to yap, gets caught up in little drama, loves to make things a big dog and pony show. That's one of the things that makes Inglewood look so clean, Butts is a far better politician. It makes Robles look out of his league, which again, can't give the NFL the warm and fuzzies. Obviously mayors come and go, so long term its not big, but during this process you need to be as clean as possible.

Like Kroenke, Butts gets things done, like The Forum for example. Robles has only been mayor of Carsn for a month or two...

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
I think his heart was in the right place but perhaps Robles might have been better served making this a closed door televised event with all Charger and Raider fanboys, rather than a townhall meeting where all the crazies are invited. If I were Fabiani, I certainly wouldn't show up to an event like this. Look at all the pics of Charger and Ram fans that were there. I think Fabs made the right decision steering clear.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think his heart was in the right place but perhaps Robles might have been better served making this a closed door televised event with all Charger and Raider fanboys, rather than a townhall meeting where all the crazies are invited. If I were Fabiani, I certainly wouldn't show up to an event like this. Look at all the pics of Charger and Ram fans that were there. I think Fabs made the right decision steering clear.
To me, it's just another nail in the Carson coffin...
* Downplaying (to the point of almost ignoring) the toxic waste site
* Failure to come up with any documentation regarding the project
* Now this... no one fromeither team shows up for what is basically a rally?

Where there's smoke, there's usally fire... or is that just toxic gas coming from the site?

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad

Where there's smoke, there's usally fire... or is that just toxic gas coming from the site?

I don't know. You're probably right but Fabiani, for all his lack of tact, is a dignified former Goldman Sachs man. That crowd yesterday was probably the equivalent of speaking in front of a Jerry Springer audience.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know. You're probably right but Fabiani, for all his lack of tact, is a dignified former Goldman Sachs man. That crowd yesterday was probably the equivalent of speaking in front of a Jerry Springer audience.
Yeah... I used to see GS (I'm in the mortgage industry... of course, they were huge in that space) and think... "smartest guys in the room".

After 2007? I think greediest guys in the room.... greedy does not always line up with smart.

Like my father used to say... "Bulls get rich, pigs go broke".
;)

MrMotes

Starter

Carson is near dead and the bylaws prevent Kroenke from moving the Rams.

So if i read you right, you figure nobody will be playing in L.A. anytime soon?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@LoyalRam is right on point and in the end, it has nothing to do with the fans, it's all about corporate sponsorship. The one thing that bothers me the most is that some people thinking it's about the fan base in the Gateway City and again that has never been up for debate. Great people and great fans that deserve better IMHO.
I have to say that this kind of opinion doesn't seem to be here. I seldom see anyone criticizing the St Louis fan base and I don't think it is just because it is not allowed here in ROD. I think with few exceptions, fans from all parts know it has nothing to do with the fan support they have enjoyed in St Louis. That is what makes this subject the toughest deal as far as I'm concerned. It should be more about the fans but it's just not.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Carson is near dead and the bylaws prevent Kroenke from moving the Rams.

So if i read you right, you figure nobody will be playing in L.A. anytime soon?
So you think Carson is a "go"?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Unfortunately the “Master of Disaster” has been working for the Chargers since 2002
No doubt. And if you are going to say Dean Spanos is not a buffoon - why does he keep one on payroll? Fabiani is just that twerp we all gave wedgies to in HS.

MrMotes

Starter
So you think Carson is a "go"?

I was just wondering what your take is. You've told me the bylaws prevent Kroenke from moving. And you've said you think Carson is pretty much dead.

So i'm just wondering what you think the end game is when it comes to the NFL in L.A.

What's your opinion on it?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
In fairness,, Stan has a "connection" that helps him (a lot).
True but no matter what, you have to capitalize. He has done that in spades. And though he has that connection, apparently he has never taken a dime from it though he has used it to parlay that to a point where that connection was able to branch out faster and more successfully. That connection might say it had a connection in Kroenke. :cool:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
In that in case not that I want to be part of your dreams, but if it comes to fruition I'm sure I could get the coffee and doughnuts or something like that? So keep me on your short list.

Sure thing. Except it'll be those .99 cent powdered donuts. And auto shop coffee.

So what you're saying is free airfare, hotel rooms, and tickets for ROD members, right?

Only if I "like" said members. :love:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
i cant ask where someone came up with something? i never had a point of view to prove, he said something that i had never heard so i asked him where it came from, not in a snarky way. if someone says something ive never heard i think i have every right to ask about it.
Ask away. You just came off to me as trying to demand that he does it. Maybe you need to soften up your avatar. :LOL:

Anyway, just trying to keep the tone more civil.

Last edited:

MrMotes

Starter
True but no matter what, you have to capitalize. He has done that in spades. And though he has that connection, apparently he has never taken a dime from it though he has used it to parlay that to a point where that connection was able to branch out faster and more successfully. That connection might say it had a connection in Kroenke. :cool:

Kroenke makes a point of letting people know he was quite wealthy before he married into the Walton family...

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
No doubt. And if you are going to say Dean Spanos is not a buffoon - why does he keep one on payroll? Fabiani is just that twerp we all gave wedgies to in HS.

Mark Fabiani is the man who made the hanging chad part of Americana and he also did a spectacular job for Lance Armstrong.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was just wondering what your take is. You've told me the bylaws prevent Kroenke from moving. And you've said you think Carson is pretty much dead.

So i'm just wondering what you think the end game is when it comes to the NFL in L.A.

What's your opinion on it?
Well, if I'm right... the only option I can think of is... Kroenke builds his palace and rents it out to the Raiders or Chargers (or both).

Rams stay in St. Louis.

Anything is possible... but I strongly believe Carson is a ruse.

But you still didn't answer my question... you think Carson is a "go"?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No one can tell me Stan hasn't benefitted GREATLY by marriage.

No wifey (and connections that came along with her) and no telling how well he branches out.

Certainly not saying he hasn't been successful... that'd be silly... but - like I said - he's benefitted greatly by marriage (another sign he's pretty smart, I suppose ;))

MrMotes

Starter
Well, if I'm right... the only option I can think of is... Kroenke builds his palace and rents it out to the Raiders or Chargers (or both).

Rams stay in St. Louis.

Anything is possible... but I strongly believe Carson is a ruse.

But you still didn't answer my question... you think Carson is a "go"?

I don't think it's allowed for Kroenke to own a stadium played in by other NFL teams so, if the bylaws have any meaning, that one probably can't happen.

I've always thought Carson was a bluff, still do. I think the Rams are most likely moving to L.A. starting with the 2016 season, but we shall see...

Status
Not open for further replies.