New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moostache

Rookie
CGhcbeWVAAEkQ_w.jpg

You be the judge....Governor Nixon or Carmine Falcone (Batman Begins):

begins-5.jpg

RamBill

Legend
Missouri Governor Jay Nixon spoke with News 4’s Steve Savard about the new stadium proposal. Watch the full interview to see what Gov. Nixon had to say about the future of NFL football in St. Louis.

Watch Nixon KMOV Interview

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So what he's saying is that those 6 legislators are doing this for political clout rather than hoping it sticks. I heard it was a non starter because the legislation failed to shoot it down when they put together the budget, and that a court won't touch it for state credit reasons.

Hope what you said is true. I'm hesitant to trust the governor, even if he is so adamant about this being a non-issue.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
It was meant to be.

It's also a LOT condescending to suggest over and over and over again that the only, ONLY options to this whole messed up issue involves the Rams in LA as Vinny Bag o' Doughnuts does day after day lately.

Condescending? He is writing opinion on what he is learned. You disagree with what he has to say so you call him a "freaking mutt" and "wouldn't mind if someone did him" ?
If I say agree with him are you going to say the same thing about me?
It's behavior like this that's going to get this thread locked.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I didn't realize how much STL and KC hated each other. Reminds me of everyone in Illinois not in Chicago hate Chicago.

And many people around the state of New York dislike New York City because that's where all the money goes, but at times they forget that is where most of the money is.

One thing that is great about this thread the adage "There are two sides to every story." How about six hundred sides with this story?

Moostache

Rookie
Condescending? He is writing opinion on what he is learned. You disagree with what he has to say so you call him a "freaking mutt" and "wouldn't mind if someone did him" ?
If I say agree with him are you going to say the same thing about me?
It's behavior like this that's going to get this thread locked.

The idea that St. Louis could "still" be an NFL city is insulting and yes, condescending. This IS an "NFL city" and has been for nearly 50 years overall....about the same as Los Angeles before its current hiatus (now 20 years and counting). The fact that hacks like Vinny write and publish their opinions does not shield them from criticism in any and all forms, such as:

Psychological projection
is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others.

Hyperbole - noun - meaning 'exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally'.

The only thing that would cause a rational person to think the thread needs to be closed would be a string of responses personally attacking other board members for stating contrarian views.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The idea that St. Louis could "still" be an NFL city is insulting and yes, condescending. This IS an "NFL city" and has been for nearly 50 years overall....about the same as Los Angeles before its current hiatus

This part of your post I definitely agree with.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I'd put stock into those first few tweets if it wasn't Zelasko. I hope she's right, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
I'd put stock into those first few tweets if it wasn't Zelasko. I hope she's right, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Ha! I think she is current 0 for 3 on previous tweets. We she starts to tweet things in your favor it may be the kiss of death.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Not only that but they're announcing the creation of a stadium authority that they've already created. This authority is the one who holds the rights to the land other than the 10 acres or whatever it is the clubs own for the parking garage.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ha! I think she is current 0 for 3 on previous tweets. We she starts to tweet things in your favor it may be the kiss of death.
Didnt she already proclaim Rams to LA was being announced this month?
Covering all the bases huh Jeanie?

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
Didnt she already proclaim Rams to LA was being announced this month?
Covering all the bases huh Jeanie?

Yeah can't say I am putting any stock in her tweet. She is all over the map with this stuff.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
Correction
Apparently on this tweet she was quoting Carson's Mayor

I didn't see any mention of Mayor Robles on her twitter account but enough people commented that it did come from him so I thought I should put in the disclaimer.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Hope what you said is true. I'm hesitant to trust the governor, even if he is so adamant about this being a non-issue.

The scary thing is that if he can extend the bonds on the stadium based upon a law from almost 20 years ago, could that the same precedence be used again for something else. The adjacent argument doesn't hold but the real question is did the bill authorize the building of one stadium or did it allow them to build stadiums forever. That's why this is in court and it's not about the legislatures inaction but the wording of the original bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.