New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Perhaps this has been mentioned in this thread - but I wonder how Deflategate will impact the relocation issue - if at all.

You know these 3 owners are doing all they can to butter up to the other owners - at some point - votes will be needed.

Now throw into the mix Kraft - who at this point is probably leading a coup to replace Goodell.

Up until now, this has been a chess match - with the moves somewhat predictable by all sides. Does this throw chaos into the mix?

It really depends on what transpires with the appeal and a possible lawsuit from Brady or Kraft or both. The league may have too many other issues so they may as some have said get the owners together to work out a solution themselves and a vote will only done after they have a solution. The league offices don't want to be in a legal dispute with one owner let alone 2, 3 or 4. The only indication we may see is if everything is quiet things may be going well with the talks but if we starting getting more information there could be issues.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Question. By discussing the minutia to death here are we trying to convince the other guy that they are wrong, or trying to convince ourselves we are right so we can sleep better?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No I just can't get past the "well since it doesn't have legs so it's not credible" yet acknowledging that the national media hardly if ever reports anything out of St.Louis, and if they do publish anything

Doesn't pass the smell test, as you adequately put it
Just going to point out that this is getting to be about the poster not the posts. My two cents? I see a lean to almost everyone's posts and history on this thread. Whether it is because they live in LA or St Louis or favor a move or not, or just believe one direction or the other. I think it is something that posters just need to deal with as long as we are not being trolled. And I can absolutely guarantee you that is not the case with BC.

I'd suggest letting this argument go and just discuss the points - not how someone's alleged bias affects their points.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Question. By discussing the minutia to death here are we trying to convince the other guy that they are wrong, or trying to convince ourselves we are right so we can sleep better?
Excellent question. I think it's a little of both whether we want to admit it or not.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Just going to point out that this is getting to be about the poster not the posts. My two cents? I see a lean to almost everyone's posts and history on this thread. Whether it is because they live in LA or St Louis or favor a move or not, or just believe one direction or the other. I think it is something that posters just need to deal with as long as we are not being trolled. And I can absolutely guarantee you that is not the case with BC.

I'd suggest letting this argument go and just discuss the points - not how someone's alleged bias affects their points.
LOL, BC is a debater and he does not like to lose. I respect it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
No I just can't get past the "well since it doesn't have legs so it's not credible" yet acknowledging that the national media hardly if ever reports anything out of St.Louis, and if they do publish anything

Doesn't pass the smell test, as you adequately put it

Letting it go.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend

Sorry, saw this after, I'm good.

LOL, BC is a debater and he does not like to lose. I respect it.

Damn straight I don't.

iced

Again, because I expect the national media guys to report on a story that important.

Or at a minimum Oakland would report on it.

Neither of that is happening.

You're doing the exact same thing you're accusing me of doing, letting your biases interfere.

Lol no I'm not - I'm calling you on it. There's a difference.

I'm not dismissing anything based on "the national media not running with it" while in the same breath saying that the media hardly reports anything out of St.Louis.... how is this surprising, let alone make sense? Why would you expect to see something in the national media when you know its not being reported? And please don't act like its just the stadium situation when it comes to the Rams not being reported either - it's St.Louis in general. Not to mention half the time The national media can't even get their facts right about the team

The National Media hardly picked up the Foles/Bradford trade early on - we see how that played out.

We all have our own opinions - but that justification makes no sense to me

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We're also just killing time while things we can't control play out...
MMSL-new-logo.jpg
images

bluecoconuts

Legend
Lol no I'm not - I'm calling you on it. There's a difference.

I'm not dismissing anything based on "the national media not running with it" while in the same breath saying that the media hardly reports anything out of St.Louis.... how is this surprising, let alone make sense? Why would you expect to see something in the national media when you know its not being reported? And please don't act like its just the stadium situation when it comes to the Rams not being reported either - it's St.Louis in general. Not to mention half the time The national media can't even get their facts right about the team

The National Media hardly picked up the Foles/Bradford trade early on - we see how that played out.

We all have our own opinions - but that justification makes no sense to me

Okay, so why don't you believe the narrative of Rams to LA as essentially a done deal?

Or Raiders to St Louis? Both of those have multiple people discussing it.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
Okay, so why don't you believe the narrative of Rams to LA as essentially a done deal?

You have people also discussing Carson and Stan buying the Broncos. Nothing is 100% right now. This thing will go back and forth a dozen more times. It will probably be final in December and not a moment before then.

iced

why would i? I don't find things credible based on whether or not the national media picks it up - especially ESPN. Espn is like the Fox news of Sports

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
why would i? I don't find things credible based on whether or not the national media picks it up - especially ESPN. Espn is like the Fox news of Sports

I'm being serious man, why not? I felt it was pretty reasonable to not buy into the rumor, given the amount of moving pieces that requires it, and I felt that the fact that nobody who's job's is to discuss the NFL year round is discussing what would be a huge story helped served to validate my thought.

Obviously you say it's not enough.

So why don't you buy into those stories? What did you do that I'm not doing that makes you feel the need to "call me out"?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'm being serious man, why not? I felt it was pretty reasonable to not buy into the rumor, given the amount of moving pieces that requires it, and I felt that the fact that nobody who's job's is to discuss the NFL year round is discussing what would be a huge story helped served to validate my thought.

So why don't you buy into those stories? What did you do that I'm not doing that makes you feel the need to "call me out"?

The only thing that is going to be accomplished now is getting the thread locked.

iced

I think you're missing the point. We both have our own opinions and we have our different methods of what we deem credible or not. Obviously if there weren't so many people out there throwing in their theories, rumors, spins, "anonymous" sources, etc. muddying the waters instead of reporting just facts, it'd be a lot easier to determine what's true and what isn't.

But no where in my criteria do I have "well National talking head's aren't talking about it so must not be true." And the funny part is alot of times if the national media does report a story, they just piggy back off of one of the beat writers articles or pull something from Jim Thomas or Nick Wagoner's chat and pass it along as if its fact, when a lot of times it's just their opinion.

I called you out because I felt like you literally were saying - "Well The national media didn't pick it up, so it's not true."

iced

The only thing that is going to be accomplished now is getting the thread locked.

I don't think so - we may be disagreeing with each other, but we're doing it civilly. No one is being insulted or resulting to juvenile tactics that require a mod's help.

I don't personally have anything against bluecoconuts at all - i just don't agree that the national media needs to pick up something for it to be true

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
I don't think so - we may be disagreeing with each other, but we're doing it civilly. No one is being insulted or resulting to juvenile tactics that require a mod's help.

I don't personally have anything against bluecoconuts at all - i just don't agree that the national media needs to pick up something for it to be true

How about some good old fashion Yo Mama jokes?
azbOVoq_700b.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend

I don't think the national media needs to pick something up to make it true. For example, I don't need the national media to confirm that the task force is close to securing the land needed for the stadium, or making progress on financing.

But when we're talking about a rumor of that size, I would expect the guys who's job it is to talk about this stuff, NFL network guys, etc, to say something. Not even Oakland is talking about that, and again they're half of the rumor, they would most certainly find it interesting.

The thing is a lot of the NFL network guys have a lot of inside sources, for good reason. They may not know everything, but a story that big, one that essentially requires almost every owner being part of it, should send some waves throughout the league.

I was mostly saying that I don't buy that rumor, I never have, just like you never have bought into the Raiders possibly moving to St Louis to replace the Rams if they move. I feel that a story of that size would attract attention, and thus input of guys like Schefter, and their lack of input helps me being confident in my doubt.

We're not talking about a franchise swap, we're talking about forcing an owner out, and Kroenke out of the goodness of his heart, selling to the people who through a wrench into his plans. If the Rams stay, I expect Kroenke to remain as the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.