New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Asked Monday what would happen to Los Angeles if Oakland, San Diego and St. Louis got deals done in their home markets, Kraft made it clear he doesn't believe that's going to happen and that at least one team would be in Los Angeles in 2016.

Wow! Did anyone else catch this? Kraft made it clear that he doesn't believe all 3 teams (Rams, Raiders, Chargers) will get deals done in the home markets. How does he know this? It seems they already know behind closed doors what team will be playing in LA in 2016.

RamBill

Legend
NFL owners briefed on St. Louis stadium plan - and the competition
• By David Hunn

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainme...cle_9cb44e5f-76d9-5323-b076-f579377c406d.html

PHOENIX • A National Football League executive briefed team owners Monday, for the first time as a group, on competing stadium proposals that could send the St. Louis Rams to Los Angeles, including key steps “between now and any eventual relocation.”

NFL Executive Vice President Eric Grubman, who is in charge of stadium development and Los Angeles market exploration, said he spent about 45 minutes explaining three Los Angeles projects, plus stadium counterproposals and responses in the hometowns, including St. Louis, of the three teams that might move.

Grubman said the NFL has talked to owners before but couldn’t previously reveal team names or site possibilities.

“This is the first time with membership that we’ve been able to be relatively open and transparent as to what was going on,” Grubman said after he presented at the NFL’s annual owners meeting at the historic Arizona Biltmore resort in Phoenix.

The move marks a new stage in stadium discussions. Timelines are shrinking, competition intensifying. Grubman said he expected clubs to begin presenting Los Angeles stadium visions to their fellow owners as soon as May.

“This is an exciting time for the NFL,” said Stephen Jones, chief operating officer of the Dallas Cowboys and son to owner Jerry Jones. “LA may be getting close.”

“But I don’t think there’s anything inevitable right now,” Jones continued. “They want to make sure they leave no stone unturned, whether it be Oakland or San Diego or St. Louis, or, obviously, the potential of LA.”

The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders have been dissatisfied with their stadiums for years. Various efforts in Los Angeles have tried to bring the NFL back since the Rams left in 1994.

Meanwhile, Rams officials had stadium concerns of their own. In 2013, the Rams convinced a panel of arbitrators that the Edward Jones Dome would need a major overhaul to turn it into a top-tier stadium, as required by the team’s lease. Regional leaders estimated the cost at $700 million and declared it too expensive for the public to bear, giving the Rams the option to go year-to-year on their lease.

Then, in January, Rams owner Stan Kroenke announced plans to build what has now become an 80,000-seat, $1.86 billion stadium at Hollywood Park in Inglewood, Calif.

The announcement set off a flurry of competition.

A task force appointed by Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon countered with a proposal to build a 64,000-seat open-air stadium on the Mississippi riverfront, for as much as $985 million.

And, more recently, the Chargers and Raiders announced a two-team effort to build a stadium in Carson, just a dozen miles from Kroenke’s site.

The NFL has closely monitored it all, helping guide stadium design plans, meeting with team officials and commissioning marketing studies of each metropolitan area.

Monday, Grubman outlined the league’s involvement, and the key steps toward any successful plan, he said in an interview with the Post-Dispatch. The owners meetings are not open to the public.

Grubman emphasized that home markets would have a chance to pitch their own proposals before a decision is made to move any team to Los Angeles.

“The last thing I’d want is for a relocation proposal to come forward, and a home market to say, ‘Wait. You told us we had another few months,’” Grubman said. “I don’t want to do that.”

But he also made it clear that no project can quite be termed “real” yet. Planners need to pin down land ownership, secure construction and land-use permits, present their stadium designs and make it through a gauntlet of owners’ committees.

Eventually, at least 24 of the league’s 32 owners would have to approve any relocation.

Grubman said he has had growing confidence that an NFL team will be in Los Angeles, perhaps as soon as 2016.

Grubman noted progress in St. Louis, “each day and each month.” But Nixon’s team needs to nail down financing, he said. And the NFL’s market study has to show “potential than can last for decades.”

Owners said they were happy to see the projects but were waiting for more certainty.

“The question is, are they concrete plans, and is it really going to happen?” said Bob McNair, owner of the Houston Texans and chairman of the league’s finance committee.

“We want to treat local markets, home markets, fairly,” McNair continued. “But you know there have been markets where people have been trying to get new stadiums for 14 years and gotten nowhere; they’ve gotten lip service.”

Kroenke, caught in the Biltmore hallways on Monday, chuckled but declined to comment.

MrMotes

Starter
Wow! Did anyone else catch this? Kraft made it clear that he doesn't believe all 3 teams (Rams, Raiders, Chargers) will get deals done in the home markets. How does he know this? It seems they already know behind closed doors what team will be playing in LA in 2016.

There's a good chance a fair amount of this is Kabuki. If and when somebody loses their team, the NFL wants them to feel like they got a fair shake.

And they're probably also trying to avoid the potential debacle of 3 teams having lame duck seasons. Maybe that's why they lifted the blackout rule, a good face effort towards otherwise disgusted and apathetic fans of teams trying to build stadiums in L.A.?

myronjax

UDFA
Stan is building his stadium with his money. The 49er's resorted to private financing. The Carson project is based upon private financing ..I know the St. Louis project needs public financing, but do you think anyone in the NFL sees a trend here where they are bursting their own bubble of NEEDING public monies to get a new stadium? That maybe the state and local governments will point to this in the future, and tell these spoiled millionaire/billionaires to build their playgrounds themselves??...nah, that would require some actual vision of where their league is headed.

RamBill

Legend
Kraft: NFL has ‘obligation’ to stay in St. Louis

• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_b71863ad-59ba-56d3-a9e3-5ced69af0eb8.html

PHOENIX • Not only is New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft one of the NFL’s most influential owners, he also sits on two committees that will have a lot to say about relocation of teams to Los Angeles and the future of pro football in St. Louis.

His message to St. Louis is direct and simple.

“From my point of view, if they come up with a plan that looks pretty good and a strong financial package, I think we — the NFL — have an obligation in my opinion to be able to have a team in St. Louis,” Kraft said Monday at the NFL owners meetings.

Note that he said “a team.” He didn’t specifically mention the Rams. But his general point is that if St. Louis steps up with stadium and financing plans that work, the city will continue to have NFL football.

“We have to be very careful and responsible to different markets who really step up and do what they want to do (in terms of keeping a team),” Kraft continued. “If they do, we have a responsibility to make sure there’s a team in that market.”

That sentiment appears to be widespread among league owners and insiders assembled here this week for the annual NFL owners meetings. The two-man task force of Dave Peacock and Bob Blitz has made impressive progress on the stadium plan in St. Louis, but the hard part remains on the horizon — especially coming up with the financing.

But if the financing’s in place, the league will have a hard time turning it’s back on roughly a half-billion dollar investment by St. Louis on a new riverfront stadium on the north edge of downtown. It would be the second stadium St. Louis has built for the NFL in less 25 years, basically unprecedented in league history.

However encouraging Kraft’s words might be at face value, he did throw out one caveat for St. Louis: “But they have to be able to support the team,” Kraft said. “Any community that’s privileged to have a team, love ‘em up.”

Along those lines, the league is in the process of making market assessments in St. Louis, San Diego and Oakland, Calif. — three cities in which franchises are free agents in terms of potential relocation.

The NFL is doing the same in Los Angeles, where Rams owner Stan Kroenke wants to build a stadium in the nearby Inglewood, Calif., area. Meanwhile, the Chargers and Raiders have formed an alliance to build a stadium in suburban Carson, Calif., if they can’t settle their stadium issues in their current home markets of San Diego and Oakland.

Eric Grubman, the NFL’s point man on Los Angeles/relocation/stadium development, plans to visit all the cities in play in April as part of the market assessment program.

Regardless of what happens in St. Louis, it never has seemed clearer that Los Angeles is on the brink of getting an NFL franchise for the first time since 1994. The Rams (to St. Louis) and Raiders (to Oakland) both left the LA market in the spring of 1995.

“In my opinion, I think there’ll be a team and possibly two playing in LA somewhere in 2016,” New York Giants president and CEO John Mara said. “But that remains subject to the league approval and that’ll happen at some point in the future.”

Kraft went even further, saying it’s more likely the NFL will have two teams in Los Angeles in 2016 than just one.

“Twenty-one years ago when I moved into the league, we had two teams move out of the LA market,” Kraft said. “It was just very unfortunate. And I don’t think it’s good that we’ve let a generation of fans, young kids, grow up (without the NFL in LA).

“It’s not good for the NFL, and I really believe within the next year we’ll have two teams in that market. I don’t know who they’ll be. ... We have some real good options. We’ll see what happens in the end game.”

Kraft saved football in New England when he purchased the Patriots from St. Louisan James Busch Orthwein in 1994 amid rumors that Orthwein might move the franchise to the Gateway City.

Kraft doesn’t think Los Angeles should have an NFL team or teams without a top-flight venue, and expressed optimism that that would be the case.

“I think LA should be a market where we play Super Bowls, where we have an NFL Experience,” he said. “We have a (television) network out there. There’s a lot of things that can be done around it, and allow the NFL to really be a showplace. And integrating everything, and doing it in a proper real estate development.”

Without mentioning Kroenke’s plan by name, that seemed to be an endorsement of the Inglewood project because the 80,000-seat stadium planned there is just one part of a massive real estate development on the site.

Given the financial commitment necessary to build a — pardon the expression — top-tier stadium the league wants in the Los Angeles market, Kraft thinks having the resources of two teams in one building is a necessity. Although there have been differing opinions, Kraft thinks it’s best to have the two teams move simultaneously into a new LA-area stadium.

“Sort of in a way that happened in New York-New Jersey, where they corrected a situation that had gone on, I think, for many years where the Jets felt maybe like they were second class,” Kraft said, speaking of the Giants and Jets sharing MetLife Stadium.

“And now you have two NFL teams and two fan bases that are both treated in a professional way,” he added. “You could have it that one team would come in later (in LA), but I’d like to see it be simultaneous.”

New stadium renderings for Kroenke’s Inglewood project made available to the Los Angeles Times revealed that plans called for locker room facilities for two NFL teams. That might have seemed like a revelation, but it wasn’t.

Grubman pointed out Monday that a stadium designed for two teams was made a requirement by the league for Los Angeles in order to be eligible for the NFL’s so-called “G-4” stadium funds.

So if the Kroenke plan is successful, you could see the Rams and Chargers there in 2016, which could put the Raiders in play for St. Louis if the Peacock and Blitz plan becomes a reality in terms of land acquisition and financing.

But Raiders owner Mark Davis stopped a couple of steps short of discussing the possibility of the St. Louis Raiders in brief comments with reporters Monday.

When asked if he thought Carson is a viable site, Davis said: “Absolutely. But I don’t really want to get into talking about any of the other plans. Right now we’re talking about Oakland, and we’ll see what we can do there.”

bluecoconuts

Legend
The roof of the stadium is going be the worlds biggest electric billboard. 35,000 million people go over the stadium each year. The NFL will advertise the hell out of it. Anyone mention money and NFL?

Would the NFL get that money? I'd imagine that because it's all owned by Kroenke, the money would go to him, but I don't know how the NFL works in regards to that. However it would definitely be an incentive for them if he wants to throw a cherry on top. Especially when it comes to hosting a Superbowl? Cha-ching. Especially when they're trying to make 25 billion (that's an extra 15 billion) annually within the next 12 years.

I think he's just assuming one of them moves. If all three of their cities have a viable solution, I think we can all take a guess which city gets left out in the cold.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD

And this.

"In the process, Kroenke has managed to position himself at the front of one of the most ambitious and innovative stadium projects in North American sports history.

Kroenke's Inglewood project isn't just about trying to bring the NFL back to Los Angeles but offers much more, which is yet another reason that these discussions have moved to the forefront.

"I think what's happened is, I don't think we should have a team or teams in L.A. if we don't have a great venue," New England owner Robert Kraft said. "There's so many choices in L.A. and coming back into the market, I really believe it's going to be really first class.

"I think L.A. should be a market where we play Super Bowls, where we have an NFL experience, we have a network out here. There's a lot of things that can be done around it and allow the NFL to really be a showplace and integrating everything and doing it in a proper real estate development.
"

Isn't that what Kroenke has proposed?

MrMotes

Starter
Stan is building his stadium with his money. The 49er's resorted to private financing. The Carson project is based upon private financing ..I know the St. Louis project needs public financing, but do you think anyone in the NFL sees a trend here where they are bursting their own bubble of NEEDING public monies to get a new stadium? That maybe the state and local governments will point to this in the future, and tell these spoiled millionaire/billionaires to build their playgrounds themselves??...nah, that would require some actual vision of where their league is headed.

But like you said, the owners aren't building their own stadiums. They're being built with someone else's private money.

NFL teams needed public money to get a stadium built because it wasn't profitable to build one with private money. Now with naming rights and PSL's that's changing. It's a brave new world...

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Would the NFL get that money? I'd imagine that because it's all owned by Kroenke, the money would go to him, but I don't know how the NFL works in regards to that. However it would definitely be an incentive for them if he wants to throw a cherry on top. Especially when it comes to hosting a Superbowl? Cha-ching. Especially when they're trying to make 25 billion (that's an extra 15 billion) annually within the next 12 years.

I think he's just assuming one of them moves. If all three of their cities have a viable solution, I think we can all take a guess which city gets left out in the cold.
It will over all attract new fans and grow the league.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Kraft: NFL has ‘obligation’ to stay in St. Louis

• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_b71863ad-59ba-56d3-a9e3-5ced69af0eb8.html

PHOENIX • Not only is New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft one of the NFL’s most influential owners, he also sits on two committees that will have a lot to say about relocation of teams to Los Angeles and the future of pro football in St. Louis.

His message to St. Louis is direct and simple.

“From my point of view, if they come up with a plan that looks pretty good and a strong financial package, I think we — the NFL — have an obligation in my opinion to be able to have a team in St. Louis,” Kraft said Monday at the NFL owners meetings.

Note that he said “a team.” He didn’t specifically mention the Rams. But his general point is that if St. Louis steps up with stadium and financing plans that work, the city will continue to have NFL football.

“We have to be very careful and responsible to different markets who really step up and do what they want to do (in terms of keeping a team),” Kraft continued. “If they do, we have a responsibility to make sure there’s a team in that market.”

That sentiment appears to be widespread among league owners and insiders assembled here this week for the annual NFL owners meetings. The two-man task force of Dave Peacock and Bob Blitz has made impressive progress on the stadium plan in St. Louis, but the hard part remains on the horizon — especially coming up with the financing.

But if the financing’s in place, the league will have a hard time turning it’s back on roughly a half-billion dollar investment by St. Louis on a new riverfront stadium on the north edge of downtown. It would be the second stadium St. Louis has built for the NFL in less 25 years, basically unprecedented in league history.

However encouraging Kraft’s words might be at face value, he did throw out one caveat for St. Louis: “But they have to be able to support the team,” Kraft said. “Any community that’s privileged to have a team, love ‘em up.”

Along those lines, the league is in the process of making market assessments in St. Louis, San Diego and Oakland, Calif. — three cities in which franchises are free agents in terms of potential relocation.

The NFL is doing the same in Los Angeles, where Rams owner Stan Kroenke wants to build a stadium in the nearby Inglewood, Calif., area. Meanwhile, the Chargers and Raiders have formed an alliance to build a stadium in suburban Carson, Calif., if they can’t settle their stadium issues in their current home markets of San Diego and Oakland.

Eric Grubman, the NFL’s point man on Los Angeles/relocation/stadium development, plans to visit all the cities in play in April as part of the market assessment program.

Regardless of what happens in St. Louis, it never has seemed clearer that Los Angeles is on the brink of getting an NFL franchise for the first time since 1994. The Rams (to St. Louis) and Raiders (to Oakland) both left the LA market in the spring of 1995.

“In my opinion, I think there’ll be a team and possibly two playing in LA somewhere in 2016,” New York Giants president and CEO John Mara said. “But that remains subject to the league approval and that’ll happen at some point in the future.”

Kraft went even further, saying it’s more likely the NFL will have two teams in Los Angeles in 2016 than just one.

“Twenty-one years ago when I moved into the league, we had two teams move out of the LA market,” Kraft said. “It was just very unfortunate. And I don’t think it’s good that we’ve let a generation of fans, young kids, grow up (without the NFL in LA).

“It’s not good for the NFL, and I really believe within the next year we’ll have two teams in that market. I don’t know who they’ll be. ... We have some real good options. We’ll see what happens in the end game.”

Kraft saved football in New England when he purchased the Patriots from St. Louisan James Busch Orthwein in 1994 amid rumors that Orthwein might move the franchise to the Gateway City.

Kraft doesn’t think Los Angeles should have an NFL team or teams without a top-flight venue, and expressed optimism that that would be the case.

“I think LA should be a market where we play Super Bowls, where we have an NFL Experience,” he said. “We have a (television) network out there. There’s a lot of things that can be done around it, and allow the NFL to really be a showplace. And integrating everything, and doing it in a proper real estate development.”

Without mentioning Kroenke’s plan by name, that seemed to be an endorsement of the Inglewood project because the 80,000-seat stadium planned there is just one part of a massive real estate development on the site.

Given the financial commitment necessary to build a — pardon the expression — top-tier stadium the league wants in the Los Angeles market, Kraft thinks having the resources of two teams in one building is a necessity. Although there have been differing opinions, Kraft thinks it’s best to have the two teams move simultaneously into a new LA-area stadium.

“Sort of in a way that happened in New York-New Jersey, where they corrected a situation that had gone on, I think, for many years where the Jets felt maybe like they were second class,” Kraft said, speaking of the Giants and Jets sharing MetLife Stadium.

“And now you have two NFL teams and two fan bases that are both treated in a professional way,” he added. “You could have it that one team would come in later (in LA), but I’d like to see it be simultaneous.”

New stadium renderings for Kroenke’s Inglewood project made available to the Los Angeles Times revealed that plans called for locker room facilities for two NFL teams. That might have seemed like a revelation, but it wasn’t.

Grubman pointed out Monday that a stadium designed for two teams was made a requirement by the league for Los Angeles in order to be eligible for the NFL’s so-called “G-4” stadium funds.

So if the Kroenke plan is successful, you could see the Rams and Chargers there in 2016, which could put the Raiders in play for St. Louis if the Peacock and Blitz plan becomes a reality in terms of land acquisition and financing.

But Raiders owner Mark Davis stopped a couple of steps short of discussing the possibility of the St. Louis Raiders in brief comments with reporters Monday.

When asked if he thought Carson is a viable site, Davis said: “Absolutely. But I don’t really want to get into talking about any of the other plans. Right now we’re talking about Oakland, and we’ll see what we can do there.”

They damn well better support the fans that have continued to show up after all these losing seasons. People can give STL crap for being 3rd from the bottom in attendance, but who wouldn't be after the stretch we've had. Am I crazy to think that the NFL is taking that into consideration?

RamBill

Legend
Los Angeles is looking better and better to NFL owners
By Sam Farmer

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-meetings-20150324-story.html

Even though no teams have announced plans to relocate, and there have been no formal stadium presentations, several influential NFL owners believe a Los Angeles solution is within reach.

"I really believe that in the next year we'll have two teams in that market," New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft said Monday during a break from the annual owners meetings. "I think there are good plans, we have a committee that's working with the owners, and we have some real good options."

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones echoed that "a solution is in the crosshairs."

New York Jets owner Woody Johnson says the L.A. game has changed now that it's existing team owners proposing solutions, as opposed to stadium developers trying to attract teams.

"Owners of teams are the only ones who can make the decisions," Johnson said. "The developers can do all they want, but until the owner of a team wants to go out there, it's not going to happen. When they decide they want to go out there. Things happen."

The NFL has ruled out any teams moving this season, with an eye toward filling the most conspicuous vacancy in sports by 2016. St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke intends to build a football stadium as the centerpiece of a massive development at Hollywood Park. San Diego Chargers owner Dean Spanos and Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis have partnered to form a competing proposal in Carson.

Kraft said that it might be just one team that relocates to L.A., but that two would be preferable.

"I think to support the financial commitment of doing the kind of stadium that's necessary in L.A., you'll need the resources of two teams," he said.

Both the Hollywood Park and Carson proposals call for stadiums that are two-team compliant, including identical home locker rooms and separate but identical suites for two different owners. Kraft said the league can look to the Giants and Jets sharing a stadium as equal partners as a model, and, in fact, Davis has spoken to Mara about using that as a template for an L.A. arrangement.

Owners of all 32 teams got an hourlong update from league staff Monday on what's happening with both L.A. proposals, a briefing Jones called "the most thorough information session I can remember" on the topic.

The new NFL football stadium proposed by the San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders would be built on a 168-acre site at the southwest quadrant of the intersection of the 405 Freeway and Del Amo Boulevard.

Taxes from a football stadium and a performing arts center, along with new tax money generated by a large shopping center and office buildings, would pump $670 million into Inglewood's general fund over the next 25 years, if projections pan out. Above, a rendering of the proposed project.

A rendering shows Farmers Field, a downtown NFL stadium proposed by AEG. The $1.35-billion project would have been built on public land adjacent to the L.A. Convention Center.

The update didn't include an endorsement of either plan. The three teams likely will make stadium presentations at one-day meetings in May, although it's unlikely a relocation vote will take place before the end of this season.

The competing proposals are only part of the story. There is also an intense focus by the league on the three current home markets — St. Louis, San Diego and Oakland — and the measures those cities are taking to keep their teams.

Spanos, who emphasized he's still working toward a stadium in San Diego, said he faces difficult choices.

"It's a very emotional time right now, obviously," he said. "But I have to sit here and think about the big picture. I'm not thinking about right now, next year, two years or three years from now. . . . My focus is on the stadium. That's the future of this franchise. I'm not trying to diminish the value of the short term, because we do want to win a Super Bowl, we want to do all those things you need to be a successful franchise, but at the end of the day we want a stadium situation that keeps us competitive with the league for the next 25, 30 years."

Spanos said that, absent a deal in San Diego, the Chargers would pursue an L.A. stadium on their own if the Raiders were to reach an agreement to stay in Oakland.

Kroenke has the entitlements he needs to move ahead on the Hollywood Park stadium. Spanos is hoping to get the identical clearances for a Carson project in the next few weeks.

"I'm not worried about Stan, I'm worried about myself," Spanos said. "So I'm putting together what I think is a viable option in case something doesn't happen in San Diego. It's really not going to be up to me, it's going to be up to the 30 other owners in the room who are going to vote on this situation."

For years, Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson worked extensively on L.A. as head of the league's stadium committee. He grew increasingly frustrated and pessimistic about the situation, at one point telling The Times "that train has left the station."

On Monday, even the skeptical Richardson expressed a measure of optimism.

"Our hope is that that train will come back around," he said. "We've got a good process, and it's going to have a good result, I hope. I have no reason to think we won't."

Blackouts lifted

The NFL announced that its blackout policy will be suspended for this season, meaning games will be shown on local TV no matter how many tickets are sold. No games were blacked out last season, and the Federal Communications Commission took a stand against the league's blackout policy.

Concussion check

The competition committee is considering a proposal that would allow independent injury spotters in the press box to temporarily stop a game if they see a player who displays obvious signs of a concussion.

Discipline czar

Commissioner Roger Goodell reportedly informed owners the league has hired a former top government official to oversee player discipline. B. Todd Jones, who recently resigned as director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, is expected to begin his new role with the NFL next month.

RamBill

Legend
Los Angeles Daily News Columnist Vinny Bonsignore has been covering the NFL relocation story in-depth for the past six months as the owner of the Rams and the owners of the Raiders and Chargers unveiled two different stadium proposals in southern California. Bonsignore, who’s in Arizona this week for the NFL owners meetings, joined Prime Time with Joe Roderick on Monday to discuss what he’s hearing in regards to the LA situation.

Listen to Bonsignore Talk Relocation

RamBill

Legend
What will the NFL owners think of Stan Kroenke’s L.A. plan during the owners meetings? How does the NFL view the progress on the St. Louis stadium plan? Bernie Miklasz calls into 101ESPN’s the Fast Lane with more on the topic.

Listen to Bernie Talk Stadiums

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
The idea of the NFL just plopping down an NFL team in St. Louis and expecting St. Louis football fans to be happy is asinine, in my opinion.

We've watched terrible football for the majority of the 20 years the team has been here. There's a good reason why attendance has dipped.

Whether it's the freaking Raiders or an expansion team, I will have a pretty hard time getting on board with a team that is going to need another several seasons before it gets good again. I'm tired of watching shitty football!

I won't be rooting for a new team after watching the Rams rebuild for 10+ years, especially if we get a playoff team plucked from the city at the conclusion of this season.

/rant

iced

The idea of the NFL just plopping down an NFL team in St. Louis and expecting St. Louis football fans to be happy is asinine, in my opinion.

We've watched terrible football for the majority of the 20 years the team has been here. There's a good reason why attendance has dipped.

Whether it's the freaking Raiders or an expansion team, I will have a pretty hard time getting on board with a team that is going to need another several seasons before it gets good again. I'm tired of watching crappy football!

I won't be rooting for a new team after watching the Rams rebuild for 10+ years, especially if we get a playoff team plucked from the city at the conclusion of this season.

/rant

Especially if its replaced by a loser like the Oakland Raiders...

I seriously doubt St.Louis, or any city out of CA, would support the Raiders...the very definition of a losing franchise

Last edited:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
We supported the Rams losing. We supported the Cardinals losing. Most fans I talk to just want a team. (I realize that's not proof.) We would support better than you guys think. Especially in a new stadium. What's the alternative? Nothing?

Not to be a negative downer anyway, but without an offensive line they're going to be plucking another 7-9 team with a different injured QB out of ST Louis.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Especially if its replaced by a loser like the Oakland Raiders...

I seriously doubt St.Louis, or any city out of CA, would support the Raiders...the very definition of a losing franchise

Actually the Raiders have won three super bowls and have been to five, however, with their current regime especially Davis and General Manager Reggie McKenzie I concur that they are headed down the wrong road and soon they will blame it on Del Rio!
upload_2015-3-24_12-37-28.jpeg

iced

Actually the Raiders have won three super bowls and have been to five, however, with their current regime especially Davis and General Manager Reggie McKenzie I concur that they are headed down the wrong road and soon they will blame it on Del Rio!
View attachment 5788
I understand they have a great history....eons ago..

The last time they were remotely relevant was 10 years ago - and they only look like they are getting worse.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The only way I'd welcome the Raiders is if it was with a new owner. I don't want Chuckie junior anywhere near STL.

Status
Not open for further replies.