New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Saw this posted.

The St. Louis Rams have released a statement in response to the outdoor football stadium proposed by Dave Peacock and Bob Blitz on Friday:

"The St. Louis Rams have worked for many years, with several agencies and commissions, and their senior management , responsible for stadium facilities in St. Louis. This includes multiple discussions with the Governor's recently formed NFL Task Force. We received the Task Force materials shortly before the press conference. We will review them and speak with the Task Force representatives."

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...e-Statement-on-St-Louis-Stadium-Proposal.aspx

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't see a huge home- field advantage built in with this stadium, the stadium kinda flows outward, just can't see it being nasty loud in there. No expert, but not thrilled with the generic design, especially viewing the inside of the stadium.
The Minnesota stadium? Looks MUCH more tight as far as fans being in close to the field. If you are talking about the St Louis proposal, I would agree.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I like the stadium but when comparing it to the new Vikings,Colts,Cowboys,Falcons,49ers and Giants stadiums it's kinda blah but I'm all for a open air stadium. I feel like football should be played outdoors

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Saw this posted.

The St. Louis Rams have released a statement in response to the outdoor football stadium proposed by Dave Peacock and Bob Blitz on Friday:

"The St. Louis Rams have worked for many years, with several agencies and commissions, and their senior management , responsible for stadium facilities in St. Louis. This includes multiple discussions with the Governor's recently formed NFL Task Force. We received the Task Force materials shortly before the press conference. We will review them and speak with the Task Force representatives."

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...e-Statement-on-St-Louis-Stadium-Proposal.aspx
Kinda saying something without saying anything - eh? If anything, I think it says that we haven't been avoiding the Governor's task force but hell - we're just seeing it for the first time too.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Kinda saying something without saying anything - eh? If anything, I think it says that we haven't been avoiding the Governor's task force but hell - we're just seeing it for the first time too.

Shows me that K Demoff was told to say away from any statements until right after the press conference.

cracengl

Rookie
The league is media driven. It's people on couches. If they can get more viewer ship then bigger TV contracts. He won't make more money, but the league will so his share will be bigger.
Why don't they put a team in Lincoln Nebraska? ?
I have no idea why he wants to move. he plays in ST. Louis for free basically. after a couple years won't sell anymore tickets than here.

He has a plan or it's a bluff. Either way it's interesting.
Can't argue with how he's coming across at all.

That's true. I was infuriated with him at first. But, if something is going to happen in LA, someone needs to quit talking about it an do it. So if he has the option of A) building the stadium and moving the Rams there B) building the stadium, selling out after another team moves, or playing landlord, all the while forcing St. Louis's hand, then maybe he figures it's a win win no matter how it plays out. The one thing in all of this that I respect is that there is a time where you just have to quit talking and start doing. And if Stan sees an opportunity to beat everyone else to the punch and profit greatly, then I guess he's at least smart for doing so. Does it alienate the local fan base, piss us all off, and have it's own set of risks? Yeah, but that's part of it. You have to risk big to win big I guess.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
The stadium is simple. No creativity. No innovation. They could have done a much better job IMO.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wierd...

Peacock said the task force has kep the Rams in the loop all along (or something very similar to that).

Now, they say this is the first time they've seen it?

I have this funny feeling it's going to be very hard to get to the truth as this unfolds. Look for lotsof posturing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wierd...

Peacock said the task force has kep the Rams in the loop all along (or something very similar to that).

Now, they say this is the first time they've seen it?

I have this funny feeling it's going to be very hard to get to the truth as this unfolds. Look for lotsof posturing.
LOTS of posturing.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
The stadium is simple. No creativity. No innovation. They could have done a much better job IMO.

This is my issue with it as well. It looks like the kind of thing you could design yourself on madden franchise mode a few years ago. No creativity, nothing unique other than the location.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
This is my issue with it as well. It looks like the kind of thing you could design yourself on madden franchise mode a few years ago. No creativity, nothing unique other than the location.
That's what I'm saying. Go look at the Falcons and Vikings stadiuns. There both insanely futureistic. This stadium look like a big high school stadium

Looks like a stadium to me.

I have a feeling Stan will do whatever he wants (move to LA) and the NFL will be only too happy to facilitate.

The key to the stadium is location and financing, if an owner of a NFL franchise came to them tomorrow and said "We would have moved to St Louis, but that stadium is ugly as hell so forget it" I'm sure they'd be willing to scrap the design and work with the owner to come up with a new design.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Keep in mind that this is a first rendering. It doesn't mean that this is the final product. Obviously there are a lot of extras / changes to the look and feel of a stadium before it's a finished product. I think more than anything they wanted to show where / how / this would all kind of look - but by all means I would hesitate to think this is what the final product will look like.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
@Boffo97 Almost every single team that has leveraged a new stadium has rattled their saber about moving to LA. And that shit is understood as negotiation and tactical deployment and is forgiven once the new deal is signed.

Just like players who hold out and get a deal, all is forgiven once everything is back and flowing.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Fair enough, they have a little over a month to file for relocation.

One thing I'd like to add is in 2016 the Copa America is going to be held in the US. It'll be the biggest soccer event since the World Cup. St. Louis has a bid in, and I wonder if this stadium could be finished before then. That would be a TIGHT construction schedule though.

You'd have to get Putin and his Sochi construction buddies in the mix to finish in that time frame. :p

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

True, I agree there's really nothing inside the stadium that stands out. But think of it this way, take the roof off Atlanta's and Minnesota's renderings and what do you have? A shot of the skyline just like the proposed one. And it's kinda hard to have fancy video boards hanging from the roof when there is no roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.