New kickoff rule - big change

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

muggmeister

Rookie
I think Boston Scott was signed primarily for kickoff returns in light of this massive change. We do not want to have any starters or key backups in this role and Scott seems to have the speed and shiftiness to excel in this role. We need to excel in all three phases, offense, defense, and special teams in order to compete for the Lombardi this year, and I think we will.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Wrong thread,9ers are some place else.Do you have an opinion on this subject? Like where The Rams stand against them ?
Marty vs there Michigan guy ?
Boston vs Debo ??

I think we both agreed the last few years having Copper Kupp as a PR guy was scary.IMO The Rams won The Super Bowl because of there PR in Brandon Powell. I mean he helped very much in his role.

I get the strategy of it in the sense it is new.Taking extra time & addressing these type of changes year to year & knowing the rule can be huge. Just ask RatBoy about that when it came to the playoffs & Super Bowl.

I guess The Real question should have been asked what they did on there bye week for winning The NFC ? That was a Big Rule change last season I believe ? They were the first team to win it since the rule change ? That means they were the only other team beside say Baltimore to have a Bye Week ?
They also elected to take a LOSS from The Rams to end the 2023 season. Just glad The Rams weren’t the last & made RatBoy look bad with not knowing the rules wiped over his face with that play chart he uses.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I do like adding excitement to the game. The Punt return rule is another good one after the play ?
I’m still not exactly sure what that’s all about ? I guess Like when hit that Niner in the Super Bowl it’s still a live ball.KC recovered it.

The one I think is when a defender touches it first then it’s a free ball for the offense ? I think they need to secure it & let the ball become dead & whistle blows ? That gets me at times thinking the play is dead,turn to swig a beer & go wtf ?

What did I just miss & where does the ball get placed ? I guess penalties can still happen & the receiving team has the choice of where they want the ball.Is it a Ref’s decision ? A team could say they like it better a couple yards back.I could see that if it was an Oakland Raiders game where the field still had the baseball diamond on it ?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wrong thread,9ers are some place else.Do you have an opinion on this subject? Like where The Rams stand against them ?
Marty vs there Michigan guy ?
Boston vs Debo ??

I think we both agreed the last few years having Copper Kupp as a PR guy was scary.IMO The Rams won The Super Bowl because of there PR in Brandon Powell. I mean he helped very much in his role.

I get the strategy of it in the sense it is new.Taking extra time & addressing these type of changes year to year & knowing the rule can be huge. Just ask RatBoy about that when it came to the playoffs & Super Bowl.

I guess The Real question should have been asked what they did on there bye week for winning The NFC ? That was a Big Rule change last season I believe ? They were the first team to win it since the rule change ? That means they were the only other team beside say Baltimore to have a Bye Week ?
They also elected to take a LOSS from The Rams to end the 2023 season. Just glad The Rams weren’t the last & made RatBoy look bad with not knowing the rules wiped over his face with that play chart he uses.

I do like adding excitement to the game. The Punt return rule is another good one after the play ?
I’m still not exactly sure what that’s all about ? I guess Like when hit that Niner in the Super Bowl it’s still a live ball.KC recovered it.

The one I think is when a defender touches it first then it’s a free ball for the offense ? I think they need to secure it & let the ball become dead & whistle blows ? That gets me at times thinking the play is dead,turn to swig a beer & go wtf ?

What did I just miss & where does the ball get placed ? I guess penalties can still happen & the receiving team has the choice of where they want the ball.Is it a Ref’s decision ? A team could say they like it better a couple yards back.I could see that if it was an Oakland Raiders game where the field still had the baseball diamond on it ?
Mom Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
So… is our big legged kicker supposed to be able to keep the ball in play? A touchback puts the opposition at the 30. The Rams actually need a lousy kicker to kick it short. Do we know any?

Psycho_X

Legend
So… is our big legged kicker supposed to be able to keep the ball in play? A touchback puts the opposition at the 30. The Rams actually need a lousy kicker to kick it short. Do we know any?
That is a question a lot are still sorting out. Chiefs might use a defensive player to kickoff now. Opens up some possibilities all though the point was to try and make kickers more useful and not less lol.

View: https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1796249013563359425

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

NFL teams should sign some rugby league players to do the kick offs. They'll tackle those puny kick returners into the turf with force. There'll be no leading with a shoulder only.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Justin Reid is their backup FG kicker and has kicked FGs before in NFL games, so it’s not exactly a crazy plan for them.