New Defense - Ongoing season discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Mcvay said he sprained his ankle play 1. That just about says it all.He is injury prone & it continues to get frustrating.
Ah yes the "injury" that only affected his pass pro snaps. Right.

Toothsayer

UDFA
Name
Richard H Stee
Ah yes the "injury" that only affected his pass pro snaps. Right.
Just a guess, but wouldn't the different footwork for pass & run blocking possibly account for that ?

I wouldn't blink if Joe was cut loose today, cap be damned, but..... whew....you guys are hard on the Boomer.... lol...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
True. But some coaches have a healthy respect for physicality. Others do not. You could take Ratboy and put him on another team and within a year or two they would be a strong run team. And they would stop the run. It is in the end about identity and to what extent you will go to ensure you have that identity.

McVay puts kid gloves on in camp. They get some physicality work of course. But his teams have an identity of slow out the gate, midseason swoon then toughness embraced make their run. And this translates into he will never start fast and put up a high win season where he has the first seed until that changes.
To be fair, McVay has had some 13-3 and 12-5 in the past.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just a guess, but wouldn't the different footwork for pass & run blocking possibly account for that ?

I wouldn't blink if Joe was cut loose today, cap be damned, but..... whew....you guys are hard on the Boomer.... lol...
I’ve been the poster boy for being tough on Joe. It’s all been warranted. Ditto with Brian Allen.

Tano

Legend
You can’t stop everyone. The Rams, for the most part took Amon Ra and Laporta out of the Lions offense. The preseason talk of the Rams lacking the size to stop the run seemed to come to fruition late in the game. However, it’s not like they lost a 350 lb run stuffer when AD retired or Jonah Williams left. They stopped the run last year with similar size. It was fatigue that got them.

They did what the Browns did to the Niners last year and clogged up the middle of the field, which is Goff’s and St. Brown’s bread and butter.

I kept wondering if Ernest Jones would have made a difference, but missing most of camp, it’s not so likely.

If Durant holds onto that int the Rams win despite all of the injuries.
I only saw a couple plays in the Tennessee game but Jones looked good on those few plays.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I am simply fed up with the fucking excuses.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’ve been the poster boy for being tough on Joe. It’s all been warranted. Ditto with Brian Allen.
Well I guess I got put in place.Really thought he had a chance to earn The LT spot.Obviously weather right or wrong he still has to stay on the field.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sort of funny how this thread went the direction it did.

Shula & his defense really played well.I thought there were a few big plays that can’t happen to WIN if the offense isn’t providing enough points.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I am simply fed up with the fucking excuses.
And the few posters on here that think their opinion is gospel and think if they post enough they can wear you down and get you to change your mind and agree with them.
Ain't happening. :)