Nelson Spruce Starting to Make Noise Again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Spruce is the type of hard-working, fundamentally strong kind of guy that is easy to root for. I hope he is good enough to make the team.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
OTA's are going to prove very little. I think whoever overcomes their weak points in preseason will stay.

Can Spruce stay healthy?

Can Thomas catch a football?

Can Marquez add substantially more besides ST?

Can McRoberts differentiate himself?

Can Cooper adapt to the offense in time?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont often make bold decisions or predictions
BUT

spruce makes the 53

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
For those that keep saying "number one wide out" "slot guy" "gadget player" . . . (this spreads to every player)

I truly think you and all of "WE" are in for one!

We have heard the player that gives us a chance to win plays.

Plain and simple. Mcvay is going to attack! It looks like Oline is starting to shape up

Then you have the ATTACK players and it's honestly gross how many combinations of players we can put on the field.

It's an all competitive atmosphere too so you can't be silly on campus.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

He is locked I think he is one of Bones boys.

Dani said the other day that Marquez is the ST lead gunner - so I think he'll definitely be a lock, so I think that we're looking at a bit of a battle for that last spot

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Spruce is the type of hard-working, fundamentally strong kind of guy that is easy to root for. I hope he is good enough to make the team.

...and that right there is something that McVay holds in high regard - I've noticed he often mentions guy's work ethics and their ability to be coached etc...

TexasRam

Legend
I like Spruce. I will take him over Thomas or Cooper or Marquez any day.

I need reliable routes and hands.

But a long way ahead for all these guys to show what they are.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
...and that right there is something that McVay holds in high regard - I've noticed he often mentions guy's work ethics and their ability to be coached etc...
(On the potential for growth for a player like Thomas from year one to year two as a wide receiver)
"I think a lot of it is predicated on the experience that you gain and what you're able to get out of these practices and things like that. Not to mention some of the things that you can do on your own when we're away from these players before training camp. I can't speak to last year, but I know in the short amount of time having been around Mike, he's taking everything that (Wide Receivers) Coach (Eric) Yarber and (Assistant Wide Receivers) Coach (Zac) Taylor are preaching with him and then you see it translate from the meeting room on the field. What we've seen from Mike has been good stuff and you really like his demeanor and his disposition. He's been a joy to be around so far."

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
We had better find a way to sign Spruce.

You know darn well somehow Belichick is aware of him and wants to sign.

And he would thrive in that offense.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
WR and OL will be my main focus at TC this year, starting from day one ( only an act of God will make me miss)

Last year Nelson Spruce caught my eye right off the bat. He ran crisp routes, always seemed to know where he was supposed to be, always seemed to get open, and NEVER dropped the ball.

He'll get his chance against better DB's in pre season games and that's where the separation of WR's will be.

It's going to be fun to watch! And you'll get my take on in here, bubbaramfan style!:yay::football:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Spruce makes the 53
I agree. I also see Pharoh making the 53.

Hopefully not, but someone may get injured in Camp and IR'd.

Or someone may get "injured"
And put on the temporary IR which I believe they voted for two spots this year for the injured reserve where they could come back during the season.

I even think Cooper has a chance as the third or fourth running back. I think he could make a team as a backup at that position.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
WR and OL will be my main focus at TC this year, starting from day one ( only an act of God will make me miss)

Last year Nelson Spruce caught my eye right off the bat. He ran crisp routes, always seemed to know where he was supposed to be, always seemed to get open, and NEVER dropped the ball.

He'll get his chance against better DB's in pre season games and that's where the separation of WR's will be.

It's going to be fun to watch! And you'll get my take on in here, bubbaramfan style!:yay::football:

@bubbaramfan - please post some news and opinions when you're there, and take as many pics as you can - you guys are my eyes and years at TC

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
i think the Rams are basing their decision on whether or not i can cheer "oooooooo" sounds when our WR's make a catch :LOL:

With that said these guys are a lock:

Kuuuuuuuuuuuup
Coooooooooop
Spruuuuuuuuce
Wooooooooods

tbux

Rookie
I think whoever doesn't make the 53 and goes on our practice squad is going to get snatched up.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He reminds me a great deal of Boldin. Similar body style. Similar underrated strength and physicality that DBs don't expect, which is his biggest asset
Wait, what? Boldin has 20 pounds on him and physically man handles press coverage. In the microscopic sample of Spruce, playing against scrubs, he was just a slippery sumbich who eluded coverage. I like Spruce too but don't see this comparison at all

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i think the Rams are basing their decision on whether or not i can cheer "oooooooo" sounds when our WR's make a catch :LOL:

With that said these guys are a lock:

Kuuuuuuuuuuuup
Coooooooooop
Spruuuuuuuuce
Wooooooooods
You got the ooooooo's, but don't forget the ahhhhh's
Jahhhhhhhhhhhhhshhhh

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sorry shaun, I'm not a camera guy. That will have to fall to others. VetRam will be there and I think he brings camera.
As to opinion, I'm very opinionated. I have players I like more than others but I'll try to be neutral.

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These guys are safe:

Tavon/Woods/Kupp/Reynolds

Pharoah is most likely safe

That probably leaves one spot for Spruce and Thomas to fight out - I hope Spruce is the guy. We need guys that can catch the ball.