NBA Finals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
GS with an easy win tonight.
Hope Cleveland can pull one out in game 3

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cavs couldn't make a shot last night.

Gotta do better than that!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, that’s a wrap.
GS lets them win game 4 or they just complete the sweep?
Would feel bad for Cleveland fans to see Lebron for the last time in a Cavs uni, on the end of a sweep

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well, that’s a wrap.
GS lets them win game 4 or they just complete the sweep?
Would feel bad for Cleveland fans to see Lebron for the last time in a Cavs uni, on the end of a sweep

I don't think the Cavs have enough as a group so if there is a win in the series for them it will be coming on LeBron's back.

JR Smith has come up big for the Warriors though.

I think LeBron is leaving CLE too but there is a chance he will stay. The only spots for him are PHIL and HOU and I don't know if the Rockets have the money. He could go to SA, but where else? He wants to get rings..........he won't go to Boston though the irony would be fun. LA gives him little chance of winning even though they have been mentioned I don't see it, he's better off staying in CLE and getting some team upgrades.

The only way IMO to beat the Superteam that GS is wold be to make a better Superteam. HOU would be it.

It's too bad that Irving and Love missed the first finals versus the Warriors. It would be 2-2 and then I think Lebron stays in CLE for the 5th go around.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think the Cavs have enough as a group so if there is a win in the series for them it will be coming on LeBron's back.

JR Smith has come up big for the Warriors though.

I think LeBron is leaving CLE too but there is a chance he will stay. The only spots for him are PHIL and HOU and I don't know if the Rockets have the money. He could go to SA, but where else? He wants to get rings..........he won't go to Boston though the irony would be fun. LA gives him little chance of winning even though they have been mentioned I don't see it, he's better off staying in CLE and getting some team upgrades.

The only way IMO to beat the Superteam that GS is wold be to make a better Superteam. HOU would be it.

It's too bad that Irving and Love missed the first finals versus the Warriors. It would be 2-2 and then I think Lebron stays in CLE for the 5th go around.
I think it’s more like, it’s too bad Draymond Green was an idiot or Golden State would be looking at a 4-peat
I think Lebron goes to Philly because the path to the finals is much easier in the east
Some caller on the radio brought up a trade rumor (which means said caller made it up himself) of Lebron and Durant going to Brooklyn together.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think it’s more like, it’s too bad Draymond Green was an idiot or Golden State would be looking at a 4-peat

The Cavs won other games that Green played in during that series so I am not certain that mattered. And they beat them the next two games after he returned.

Before Durant went to GS this was a very, very tightly contested series of games for two Finals. It reminded me of Lakers v. Celtics back in the day. If Durant had not jumped onto the Warriors this could have been an EPIC battle for many years like that rivalry was back then.

Pre Durant we saw 6 wins for the Cavs and 7 wins for the Warriors with the Warriors having home court both times. Yes the Warriors were without Green for a pivotal Game 5. However..........the Cavs were without Love from a cheap shot that resulted in a shoulder injury for the entire series the first go around and lost Irving to a knee injury in game one of that series. With a 2-1 lead I'd say the Cavs would have taken that series at full strength and with having taken home court away.

I'm not sure if the path to the Finals is easier in the East. Three teams in the East had a legit shot at the Finals, really only the Rockets and Warriors had that shot in the West. There is a lot of balance in the 3-7 teams in the West though, and one or two could emerge in the next couple of years. Maybe the teams in the East are a little easier to beat if you have a LeBron on your team, so maybe it's even up.

If LeBron ends up in HOU the Warriors run will be over, the Rockets will go to the Finals 3-4 years and win 2-3 times, the NBA won't be as fun and exciting, the playoffs which have been worth watching won't be as compelling, fans will be unhappy because no one else has a chance, and I may not watch as much.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
As far as LeBron going to PHIL there is talent on that roster. It's a young team too, so they could run with anyone. I dunno..........

LOL at anyone going to Brooklyn. That's a sad ass franchise since the commie bought it some years back.

They are like the Browns of the NBA.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
cavs-fans-be-like-things-to-say-after-a-cavs-30563362.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. What a blow out.
On to the next decision.
Where does LeBron go next. Where does Durant go?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suppose the “nba is fixed” croud have to lay low right now. Can’t get good ratings for game 6 and 7 when it’s over quietly in 4

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I suppose the “nba is fixed” croud have to lay low right now.

LOL true dat @dieterbrock !

As far as Durant he already said he was going to opt out of his contract so he can sign a new one at a WAY higher price. He took less money than he could have gotten as a FA to sign with the Warriors to help them out financially. The cap skyrocketed since then, and now contracts are crazy money.

He may sign a gigantic 2 or 3 year deal with an opt out after 1 or 2 years because the cap is going up even more and he could resign in GS or somewhere else and get a gigantic payday again. So he has a chance to cash in big time twice in 2 or 3 years.

He jokingly said a few weeks back he was going to sign with whatever teams wins the championship.

Another question is what will Chris Paul do? He can opt out. He and LeBron are very, very close and we know that makes a difference sometimes.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If LeBron sees this NY Times article he's going to say "this is why I'm leaving".

A sportswriter broke down statistical categories and what percentage the big stars put together, what % of value to their team and more. James played like a madman this post season and it was a wasted effort. Like a couple of other seasons he has played but this was an historic run through the playoffs.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...latest&contentPlacement=6&pgtype=sectionfront

It made me of Warner's spectacular run through the playoffs when he carried the Cardinals to the SB while torching top defenses all the way through, only to come up short.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LeBron is truly bigger than the NBA at this point. Finals end in a sweep, Warriors win 3rd in 4 years and nobody cares.
All that matters is where LeBron plays next year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
LeBron is truly bigger than the NBA at this point. Finals end in a sweep, Warriors win 3rd in 4 years and nobody cares.
All that matters is where LeBron plays next year.

Because he is a supreme talent and at this point people are wondering how much longer he can keep it up and how many more times will he go to the Finals. He's three trips from tying Bill Russell, and that's probably a big motivator for him.

Fans of the NBA like stories like this. Just like when Magic and Bird elevated the sport, they were the story line each year.

Your thoughts on where he goes?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because he is a supreme talent and at this point people are wondering how much longer he can keep it up and how many more times will he go to the Finals. He's three trips from tying Bill Russell, and that's probably a big motivator for him.

Fans of the NBA like stories like this. Just like when Magic and Bird elevated the sport, they were the story line each year.

Your thoughts on where he goes?
I’d like to see him stay in Cleveland but think there’s no way that happens. Sadly I think that had they kept Wiggins and not gotten Love they’d be set up much better. Hated the Love trade from day 1. Sure they won a title with him, but no threat other than that one season.
So where he goes? My money is on Philly. I can’t see him playing out West, path to finals is much easier in East.
Shockingly, I keep seeing The Celtics mentioned as a potential landing spot. There is just no way that’s possible.
If he and Paul are a package deal, it could get interesting.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I’d like to see him stay in Cleveland but think there’s no way that happens. Sadly I think that had they kept Wiggins and not gotten Love they’d be set up much better. Hated the Love trade from day 1. Sure they won a title with him, but no threat other than that one season.
So where he goes? My money is on Philly. I can’t see him playing out West, path to finals is much easier in East.
Shockingly, I keep seeing The Celtics mentioned as a potential landing spot. There is just no way that’s possible.
If he and Paul are a package deal, it could get interesting.

There is a chance he stays in CLE, and if he does it'll be with a lot of roster turnover (looking at you JR and that 13MIL) AND CPaul coming over to the Cavs. It would be a short 2-3 year window but with a player like him joining the Cavs they are more like the 2016 team with two people who can pass and score.

If he goes to the Celtics they will win the next 4 titles. And will have a shot at breaking the Warriors 73 win mark. It's a longshot, but James and Gilbert put differences aside in order to win so there is a chance that could happen in Boston.

As a lifelong Lakers fan I couldn't stomach it............but I would live with it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is a chance he stays in CLE, and if he does it'll be with a lot of roster turnover (looking at you JR and that 13MIL) AND CPaul coming over to the Cavs. It would be a short 2-3 year window but with a player like him joining the Cavs they are more like the 2016 team with two people who can pass and score.

If he goes to the Celtics they will win the next 4 titles. And will have a shot at breaking the Warriors 73 win mark. It's a longshot, but James and Gilbert put differences aside in order to win so there is a chance that could happen in Boston.

As a lifelong Lakers fan I couldn't stomach it............but I would live with it.
Kevin Durant is such a jackash too.
These guys egos make the sport look bad
https://nypost.com/2018/06/11/is-kevin-durant-suggesting-hes-better-than-lebron/

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He can't possibly believe that.

I had forgotten about the Twitter accounts he created to defend himself LOL.

Ego issues for sure.
With him staying in GS, I cant see LeBron playing out west. I don't see Houston being a fit, Harden cant possibly share the ball. CP is an unselfish player and made that work, but LBJ in the mix? Unless the league changes the rules to allow 2 basketballs in play, I cant see that happening.
LBJ is tough to listen too, as much as I've grown to respect his game, he is such a jerk. Best player in the game bar none, but man he's a ding dong.