National Anthem - Mike Patton!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spin.com/2019/01/mike-patton-nfl-national-anthem?amp=1

- Fans of metal gods, football, and patriotism will be delighted to learn that Mike Patton has agreed to sing the National Anthem before the Los Angeles Rams and Dallas Cowboys’s NFC divisional round playoff matchup tomorrow. The game starts at 8:15 p.m. ET on FOX.

It’s anyone’s guess how the impressively piped Patton will approach the song, but it will likely be more interesting than the Rams blowout to follow.

Patton has of late devoted his energy to the supergroup Dead Cross, formed in 2017 with Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo and others. The band released a self-titled EP last May. Faith No More’s latest LP Sol Invictus was released in 2015.

Patton also announced this week that he will perform at Chris Cornell’s tribute concert on January 16 in Los Angeles, where members of Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, and Audioslave are slated to play music from the late singer’s storied catalogue. Metallica, Foo Fighters, and others will also perform.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Mike Patton is from here, Eureka CA. First band was Mr. Bungle. Played in Eureka High School talent show back in the 80s then local clubs, pizza parlors and such.
But together with Slayer, those are a bunch of sick F&cks. Lyrics are not just bad, truly evil IMO. The name of the new band has me thinking same ol garbage that Slayer used to sing about. Google their lyrics and you will see what I mean.
Not just anti religion/atheists stuff, which is fine, its a free country. And plenty of people have felt let down, I get it. But they cross the line with truly evil lyrics.
I won't listed to any of their songs, and I am a huge rock fan.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mike Patton is from here, Eureka CA. First band was Mr. Bungle. Played in Eureka High School talent show back in the 80s then local clubs, pizza parlors and such.
But together with Slayer, those are a bunch of sick F&cks. Lyrics are not just bad, truly evil IMO. The name of the new band has me thinking same ol garbage that Slayer used to sing about. Google their lyrics and you will see what I mean.
Not just anti religion/atheists stuff, which is fine, its a free country. And plenty of people have felt let down, I get it. But they cross the line with truly evil lyrics.

Ok. Devil worshippers. Got it.

Lets just thank God they aren't priests

Last edited:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Long as he's singin' it, and not screamin' it.

He has a 6 octave voice and does opera as easily as screaming.
I bet he shocks everyone by singing it like it was written.

dang

Legend
Damn - when I saw this headline - I was thinking Mike Ness (from Social Distortion). That would have been a sweet shout out to LAs punk blues underbelly!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
argh.
Catholic ROD member here....

My votes for Neil Diamond

You wouldnt feel that way if you worked a Neil Diamond tribute show for 3 years.
off the top of my head
kentucky woman
cracklin rosie
forever in blue jeans
Brother loves salvation show
you dont bring me flowers
im a believer
love on the rocks
girl you'll be a woman soon

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Me too... sort of. it was a joke.
And I think its fair.
The singer of slayer is apparently catholic too.http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/to...-they-ll-never-interfere-with-what-i-believe/

When i was a kid me and my buddies had fake ID’s and bumped into the lead singer of Slayer in a fullerton bar while he was playing pinball
Dude was sorta cracked out :LOL:
We dared not approach him despite some of their fandom

With that said, I’d like to hear his version of the anthem more than the faith no more guy

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When i was a kid me and my buddies had fake ID’s and bumped into the lead singer of Slayer in a fullerton bar while he was playing pinball
Dude was sorta cracked out :LOL:

I’d like to hear his version of the anthem more than the faith no more guy

well the Mr Bungle guy can actually sing and doesn't do drugs.

Not surprised about Slayer dude. Their crew are jerks - usually those things start at the top.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Getting religious over a talented rock singer over lyrics?? Shame. Bring the devil down on lil D. Fuck Dallas. Go RAMS! !

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Slayer attracts a lot of Neo Nazis as well, so I don't tend to listen to them.

I mean, I normally don't judge music because of artists (hell, I listen to Satanist songs and R. Kelly), but I don't want to be grouped with fucking Nazis.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
well the Mr Bungle guy can actually sing and doesn't do drugs.

Not surprised about Slayer dude. Their crew are jerks - usually those things start at the top.

I have to admit to you something
I have a narcissist twin brother
He’a a stanford educated lawyer and ultimate loser machevellian
He never touched drugs and is now divirced 4x over at 45 and has been exiled from California
I mean he’a fucked up - like fucked up
He tried to rob me a few times

Well he has a Faith No More skull tattoo
Yes
Thats what i said
Skull tattoo of the Faith No More logo

As a proud stoner (on the correct side of history) I am happy I altered my brain waves and didn’t end up like that hesh loser

But yeah - that’s why I’m not such a big fan
Although I will give the guy a fair shake tomorrow and hopefully his rendition erases the horrors hahah

AND LONG LIVE NEIL !

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have to admit to you something
I have a narcissist twin brother
He’a a stanford educated lawyer and ultimate loser machevellian
He never touched drugs and is now divirced 4x over at 45 and has been exiled from California
I mean he’a freaked up - like freaked up
He tried to rob me a few times

Well he has a Faith No More skull tattoo
Yes
Thats what i said
Skull tattoo of the Faith No More logo

As a proud stoner (on the correct side of history) I am happy I altered my brain waves and didn’t end up like that hesh loser

But yeah - that’s why I’m not such a big fan
Although I will give the guy a fair shake tomorrow and hopefully his rendition erases the horrors hahah

AND LONG LIVE NEIL !

Haha makes sense.

I hate it when bad people have good taste.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
AND LONG LIVE NEIL !
Right?
07-neil-young-1976.w700.h700.jpg

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Only one Neal should be playing the national anthem. Neal Schon. If you've seen him play it live, you know what I mean. If you haven't, well...

View: https://youtu.be/itgRNGSaubo

Seriously waiting for him to play a major event. Much better than watching Santana play Warrior games and Neal is from the bay too.