Name the player you would have drafted.......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ranma

Rookie
There are multiple selection slots I would have gone a different way with, but I'll just focus on our 1st pick in Round 4 as that was primarily the one that stuck out to me and possibly affected our other picks.

While I would have liked to trade up from the 11th slot (111th overall) to the top spot in the 4th round for TE Ian Thomas, it would have cost a pick or two in Round 6, which is too high a price compared to the alternative of just staying put and selecting an alternative to C Brian Allen. The next center prospect taken was Scott Quessenberry a full round later at 155th overall and he was ranked higher than Allen on practically everyone else's draft board.

Names like Maurice Hurst, Shaquem Griffin, R.J. McIntosh, Tim Settle, Tyrell Crosby, Dorance Armstrong, Josh Sweat, Kalen Ballage, Da'shawn Hand, Andrew Brown and Dane Cruikshank were all available at that point, but I'd narrow it down to between DTs McIntosh and Settle with McIntosh getting the nod.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Guys I liked and the Rams had a shot at:
1) Crosby (OL) I really cannot believe this guy lasted until the 5th round. I saw him mocked as high as the late 1rst. Could even get moved inside to guard. Would've preferred him over Demby, although given where Demby was picked, also a good choice.
2) Armstrong JR (OLB) liked him more than OhOh, but getting OhOh in the 5th was solid, possibly a steal.
3) Jamerson (FS) a Joyner lite type guy who could've been looking at a possible starting job next year if the Rams fail to re-sign Joyner. I dunno, I guess the Rams are sold on Countess.

jacktheripper85

Starter
That one guy who is missing the hand. I can't remember his name.

Once the Hags start the season at 2-6 or 1-7 everyone will forget his name again anyways. Let him enjoy the moment. They are the worst team in the division and need a helluva lot more than him and his brother to approach any level of seriously contending. The only press this kid will get over the next few years is when he makes his first interception-if you think yesterday’s coverage was a lot just wait until that first INT.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Once the Hags start the season at 2-6 or 1-7 everyone will forget his name again anyways. Let him enjoy the moment. They are the worst team in the division and need a helluva lot more than him and his brother to approach any level of seriously contending. The only press this kid will get over the next few years is when he makes his first interception-if you think yesterday’s coverage was a lot just wait until that first INT.
I feel kind of bad, but now that he's on the Seahacks I'm really hoping that he is especially bad. I kind of want to see him miss batting down a pass by about a hand length. Bonus points if it's for a TD that wins the game over them.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Guys I liked and the Rams had a shot at:
1) Crosby (OL) I really cannot believe this guy lasted until the 5th round. I saw him mocked as high as the late 1rst. Could even get moved inside to guard. Would've preferred him over Demby, although given where Demby was picked, also a good choice.
I heard about injury concerns with this guy before the draft and now it sounds like teams took him off their boards due to repetitive concussion concerns. When asked about the concussions after the draft he said it was just an excuse not to draft him, but wouldn't actually answer how many concussions he has had already.

I don't think teams need an "excuse" not to draft someone. He's talented, and if every team is passing on him, their concerns are real.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel kind of bad, but now that he's on the Seahacks I'm really hoping that he is especially bad. I kind of want to see him miss batting down a pass by about a hand length. Bonus points if it's for a TD that wins the game over them.

I'm rooting for him to be a star. That kid deserves it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sony Michel.....Love the kid, felt he was somewhat overshadowed by Nick Chub. Michel is smoother than single malt scotch and when he runs, he takes your breath away. Now I cannot root for the kid because he's now part of the evil empire, but I will draft him in fantasy and root for the Patriots to lose every game 38-30, untless the play the Rams, then I will sit him.

Only a matter of time when Pats fans start saying..."Michel our cow bell."

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
This is really that draft where all the win now caught up to us.

Trades for Watkins, Cooks etc etc

I’m glad we finally absorbed the damage rather than shipping next years draft to help this one.

These trades filled most of the remaining starter positions that were needed. This draft was all about improving the bottom of the roster with inexpensive depth and developmental players. Need those too so we can afford to pay the elite starters we traded for and our own soon-to-be contract year players.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Apparently the 40 time for Griffin was closer to 4.58 than the reported 4.38 and teams moved him down their boards accordingly.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Initially, I was not pleased with Noteboom pick in the 3rd, as we traded down with the Raiders who took Key. I was actually thinking we were about to take Key at that spot. Let's hope that doesn't come back to haunt us and he becomes what he could become. That said, I'm comfortable with the Noteboom pick now.

The Brian Allen pick also had me scratching my head initially. I was hoping we'd grab Sweat here. But again, after looking into it, Allen is a very solid pick and making sure our line is secure for the next 5 years is actually as important as anything. We have to keep Goff safe and open holes for the MVP (IMO at least).

The JFM pick still has me a bit perplexed. I don't know a ton about him, and I'm trusting that Wade see's something special in him, but man, Hurst was sitting there staring us in the face. They literally might even play the same position. That has a huge chance of coming back to bit us in the ass. Not to mention, Griffin was on the board also and went a few picks later.

Our 5th round picks were brilliant and I don't have a single issue with them.

Kelly was a homerun IMO. Don't know enough about Demby or Joseph to have a solid opinion on them, but it hurt that Cichy was on the board for both of those picks. Liked the Young pick. Honestly, our 2 7th round picks were very solid, though I'd have wanted Holland over Howard, its not a big deal.

All around, I think we had a very solid draft for not picking until late 3rd.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would have loved a stud WR at #1, like a Brandin Cooks type player.
Oh wait...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

You, sir, are a fan after my own heart. Cheers! (y)

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I wish we wouldn't have traded back when we could've snagged Griffin. I also thought Josh Sweat was a steal for the Eagles and wish we could've gotten him.

Also, being a UGA man, I would've liked a 7th Round flier being used on OLB Davin Bellamy from Georgia. Dude made McGlinchy his bitch when playing against Notre Dame. He's not super athletic like Lorenzo Carter, but he has a strong motor and has a knack for disrupting the QB. I think he signed with the Texans as an UDFA though.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I found this article, which is interesting. A frame by frame review shows his clock starting late, which would give him a faster time.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/4/3...me-combine-inaccurate-pete-carroll-fast-video

He was a track star, so the faster time makes more sense... you watch him play and he looks like the fastest guy on the field... JMO

Josh Sweat has a chronic knee issue, poor technique and did not impress in position drills. Not saying he will not become a player, but did he fit our scheme? Can he set the edge, would he start?