My Super Early 2022 Rams Draft Watch List

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Here are some players I'm looking at:

Bubba Bolden, S, Miami (FL)
Jalen Catalon, S, Arkansas
Andrew Booth, Jr., CB, Clemson
Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State
Jason Kirkland, OT, Washington
Breese Hall, RB, Iowa State
Brenton Cox, OLB, Florida

The first three are DBs, with two safeties and a tall CB. With Darious Williams headed into free agency, and Taylor Rapp (who has been suspect in coverage) entering the final year of his rookie deal, I expect DB to be a high priority.

Walker and Kirkland are prospects that could be considered if Andrew Whitworth rides off into the sunset after this year.

Cox reminds me a bit of Leonard Floyd, and could be a good bookend.

Hall may seem an odd choice, but with Akers returning from injury, Henderson entering the final year of his rookie deal, and Michel entering free agency, we could look to bolster the RB corps. I like Hall's size (220 lbs) and pass catching ability.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I'm super biased but UNR has a TE named Cole Turner who I think is going to be good. Could be among the top TE drafted this year.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I'm super biased but UNR has a TE named Cole Turner who I think is going to be good. Could be among the top TE drafted this year.
I got season tickets this year and I'm happy I've gotten the chance to see him live. He looks the part of a modern NFL tight end. My wife had some pretty solid analysis vs UNLV "They should probably just throw to 19 every play, that always seems to work."

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wonder how the rest of his game but this Brisker kid has some flat out wheels. That's a top end RB he chases down there.

View: https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/1455162598798860288

Jaquon Brisker is very good. He tackles well, covers well, has speed, balk skills and is a team leader. But is likely gone in late round 1 according to early draft projections.

Ja'yir Brown is not at the same level but is still a very good DB with ball hawking abilities. Both were prep school guys that came in for two years. I'd love to have them on the team another two. I'd welcome either to the Rams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think I'm going to time my vacation for the first two rounds next year. Gonna be a brutal wait for our first pick. :clock:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think I'm going to time my vacation for the first two rounds next year. Gonna be a brutal wait for our first pick. :clock:
I usually take the Friday off from work and watch day 2. This year might do the same just cry into my bourbon.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Like to be able to find a player that can return both punts & kickoffs.

What do you guys think of the following as late round prospests?

1. Velus Jones, Jr, Tennessee
  2. Britain Covey, Utah
Both WR's, Jones bigger then Covey, but both have abilities to return punts and have been extremely good. Covey seems like a McVay type of player.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like to be able to find a player that can return both punts & kickoffs.

What do you guys think of the following as late round prospests?

1. Velus Jones, Jr, Tennessee
  2. Britain Covey, Utah
Both WR's, Jones bigger then Covey, but both have abilities to return punts and have been extremely good. Covey seems like a McVay type of player.
Jones is somebody I've seen a few times playing and is interesting as you say good size and he returns both with his senior season being the first on punts.

I've got another Jones though this one is likely a UDFA and we know how Snead loves them but Charlie Jones from Iowa. Very little used WR but an exceptional return of kicks, not a lot done in punts though.

Edit
Unfortunately I think our return guy will have to be a DB or RB. I don't see Atwell going anywhere unless they manage to trade him. With Woods, Kupp and Jefferson add in Atwell there's 4 gameday active WR. A 5th as just a returner seems unlikely but a last RB or DB active seems more ideal. There aren't many RB returners this year I like when you factor in their size. This glaring need makes the Atwell pick all the worse unfortunately IMO.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Tyler Badie is the Mizzou player I'd kill to have on the Rams this year (like Nick Bolton last year). Yes, he's an undersized running back (5'8", 197 lbs.), but he's been so dominant this year - running, passing, even blocking - even though Mizzou isn't the best team. He's blazing fast, is a tough inside/outside runner with solid vision, and I'd put his receiving ability amongst the best of the NCAA running backs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brock Purdy or Sam Howell could be mid round “developmental QB” material

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Tyler Badie is the Mizzou player I'd kill to have on the Rams this year (like Nick Bolton last year). Yes, he's an undersized running back (5'8", 197 lbs.), but he's been so dominant this year - running, passing, even blocking - even though Mizzou isn't the best team. He's blazing fast, is a tough inside/outside runner with solid vision, and I'd put his receiving ability amongst the best of the NCAA running backs.
I think that would be a great choice, seeing as we have very little early draft capital & need to find value in later rounds. RB is usually a good find in later rounds, as well as OG, S, TE (edit: and LB). RB is something that we still need to complement Akers, assuming he's back at 95% of what he was. If not, RB is a clear need. We need someone who'll make Stafford's P/A more deadly & give our WR's time to get downfield.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dameon Pierce is a guy who will go on Day 3 who can play. If we want a HB who brings more of a power element to the game, he can do that. He was criminally underused at UF. Can block and catch the ball too.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiyiFIooR1s

Brock Purdy or Sam Howell could be mid round “developmental QB” material
I don't see it in Purdy. Don't think he's a NFL QB.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Also, Jah-Maine Martin, the running back out of North Carolina A&T that I really wanted last year, is in this class. I'd love to see how he does.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Grayson McCall if he comes out could be an interesting prospect in a weak year for QBs

Memento

Name
Jemma
Jalen Wydermyer is my choice if we trade for a second round pick. Amazing tight end, could end up making Higbee obsolete.