My OTA’s stars or surprises

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just start to with The Rams simple innovation.Maybe I’m tripping,but the headless helmet..We’ll see if it comes up at training camp. Puka is just balling out,no surprise there.He beat Lake & gave a PEACE sign while crossing the End Zone.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bobby Brown has cut weight & balling out as well.He’s out there strutting his stuff.He is having FUN which is cool to see.Fist bumping w/Verse.

Verse like Byron Young said is already a TEAM VOICE(Leader).He said how when the ENERGY is down he picks it up.B.Young said Jared is making him come out of his shell.He tried to recruit him at Tennessee,but he went to Florida State.

B.Young on defense is switching it up with Verse as bookends.
Off course Kobie Turner is lining up with Brown & or Fiske.Continue later.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Right now after Ben Sko got traded there seems to be a WR opening.Where is the battle some are asking & waiting to see.

Just from what has come out from OTA’s is Jordan Whittington is that guy.Just like when I saw Ben Sko his rookie season I keep seeing Jordan Whittington which looks like us getting first down REPS.Don’t know what that means?

Hunter Long last season came back last season,only to be placed in the lineup in a couple 12team(man) sets.Right now in OTA’s he seems to be standing out.IMO he will get in a lot of the rotations early in the year.Davies Allen is a BAD AZZ & looking to do damage to defenses in some way.He always secures the ball first.Hunter Long still is IMO a better hands catcher as a receiver.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Stay on topic with Jordan Whittington there seems to be a sleeper.We all know Stoops was a nice UDRFA.Wiglusz & Stoops will look similar wearing 3 & 6 in order ? Plus Smith & Johnson add experience.

My sleeper though is Ben Sko’s rookie jersey number sake.#81 before he switched to #18.
J.J.Lapp is a player who seems to be standing out moving around & making catches.To me weather on the practice squad or not finds his way in 2024 on the grass.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Headless helmet? Now you're scaring me So Ram.
IMG_4924.jpeg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Headless helmet? Now you're scaring me So Ram.
LOL- that is sort of like a early Halloween thing.In baseball such as umpiring or hitting you put a baseball on a stick.It helps for tracking or a feel of the strike zone.

The Rams are using this BAD AZZ White Helmet on a stick.The Drill is fighting off a bag(blue arm)pad.

The WR /RB run through the 2 after making a catch & turning up field.It helps the player learn how to break tackles.Using the outside arm to protect the ball tucking there shoulder & contact like from a CB then with the FREE ARM (hand) place it on the helmet to fight off the defender with it’s HEAD(helmet) Down.

If you watch when say Jordan Whittington catches the ball and turns the automatically puts his Free hand out as a feeler.It helps protect the ball & impact of the hit.SECURE ball FIRST then run.

We saw last season how PUCKA broke tackles & got free for a lot of YAC last season.By having The HEADLESS it helps to also use the hand to protect the feet.When you have control of the head you can navigate the body(arms) of a defender guarding the tackle off wrapping the legs.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thx for the explanation. I'm all in for drills protecting the ball and breaking tackles. Maybe we give Whittington a nickname? "Headless Horseman"?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thx for the explanation. I'm all in for drills protecting the ball and breaking tackles. Maybe we give Whittington a nickname? "Headless Horseman"?
Maybe they should put Long Horn Dreads in the Helmet. My explanation might not have been as clear as it could’ve been,but excited to for training camp.

nantucket9

UDFA
Name
nantucket9
Right now after Ben Sko got traded there seems to be a WR opening.Where is the battle some are asking & waiting to see.

Just from what has come out from OTA’s is Jordan Whittington is that guy.Just like when I saw Ben Sko his rookie season I keep seeing Jordan Whittington which looks like us getting first down REPS.Don’t know what that means?

Hunter Long last season came back last season,only to be placed in the lineup in a couple 12team(man) sets.Right now in OTA’s he seems to be standing out.IMO he will get in a lot of the rotations early in the year.Davies Allen is a BAD AZZ & looking to do damage to defenses in some way.He always secures the ball first.Hunter Long still is IMO a better hands catcher as a receiver.
Agree. Hunter Long will be a positive surprise at TE. He was a stud at BC in ACC and he's had nagging issues and at Miami Dolphins it just didn't work out. Watch out for Hunter Long. Great hands. Good blocker.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
I think TuTu may be a positive surprise as a vet and Brennan Jackson as a somewhat unexpected rookie

Last edited:

sloramfan

Starter
So Ram...

man you can leave me utterly bumfuzzeled at times trying to figure out your point...

but thank you ... for the OP...

go rams

slo

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Tutu will make one or two good plays a game at most.

I’m fine with that. A couple field-flipping deep throws that end in either a catch or PI from the #4 WR would be beneficial.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agree. Hunter Long will be a positive surprise at TE. He was a stud at BC in ACC and he's had nagging issues and at Miami Dolphins it just didn't work out. Watch out for Hunter Long. Great hands. Good blocker.
Yes - he has been in the system for a season.I’m not calling him Anchrum,but when he finally was healthy & got his chance to play he got hurt.Higbees injury was a nasty one.He’ll be a good locker room guy,but he has a (funny) Long way to go.

—The sad thing is is that he looked good & fit well.In comes David Allen.Now Parkinson is was signed to a 3 year deal. Hunter Long is playing for his career.