My Mom had a hip replacement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
and all I could think about was Denis Leary and Bo Jackson.

I think you hear me knockin’

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess this post seemed irreverent...or you millennials don’t remember the late ‘80’s

Honestly, I thought my 79 year old Mom would come out with a big bad hip and a big ole ‘tude!

Give me a thumbs up or inappropriate but not a no response!

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

I wish her well with the weight loss and the ultimate goal, the hip replacement.

I'm really optimistic that my mom or mum will be a lot better. She was finding it more and more difficult to walk; she would be hunched over and clearly in pain.

Good luck, my friend!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Are they going to do the new ball joint or the new procedure where they polish the bone of the ball joint and apply a titanium coating to go with the new synthetic cartilage...

The upside of the new procedure is that they don't have to break the femur.

I only know about this because I was listening to Joe Rogan podcast and Jesse Ventura had the new procedure and he really endorses it...

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
and all I could think about was Denis Leary and Bo Jackson.

I think you hear me knockin’

LMAO. Seems like she's ok, which makes this joke funny.

a60dbcb06e750b71da1874d69db9d46a--hip-fracture-hip-dysplasia.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Just speaking for myself

but.....................

Every time I see one of your threads , the fist thing I notice is your avatar of a lock and I always think the thread has been locked by one of the admin's , so I just move along ...................lol

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Just speaking for myself

but.....................

Every time I see one of your threads , the fist thing I notice is your avatar of a lock and I always think the thread has been locked by one of the admin's , so I just move along ...................lol

I’m in the security business and it’s an appropriate symbol...@CGI_Ram made it for me

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Just speaking for myself

but.....................

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

I dunno. 12 stone seems really reasonable. With too much weight, the new area won't get the same work, will be put under too much stress and it makes post-op significantly worse.

About the ceramic replacement, that's unfortunate. typically when they break the femur to attach any synthetic bone material, they don't take into account what was lost in the "break" and if they need to grind down/polish the femur end, if they don't account for the bone loss, the leg will be shorter. I recall seeing some photos of bad outcomes where the person lost more than an inch on that leg and had to wear orthotic shoes just to walk.

Hopefully the weightloss goes well (in older folks, anaerobic exercise....muscle building...works best. Stay away from cardio. Even small weights can make a big difference in activating dormant muscles and the more muscles turned on, the more the body has to metabolize to support.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

You said a cotton-pickin' mouthful, right there, brother.

All this wisdom comes at a HEAVY price...