LEGEND My Dog ROCKS!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My wife owns her own hair salon. Some of her clients have special needs... it's very interesting to learn about some of them because some of the things people struggle with are things that I never knew existed. Some of the things are very serious and some are kinda minor.

Anyway... it was pointed out to us when Judah was just a pup that he has certain qualities that are highly sought after in service dogs. Our dog trainer was the person who told us. Judah really notices when something is wrong with people... even when he's meeting them for the 1st time. An example of that happened for us when a friend of ours stopped by the house. This friend was going through chemo treatments for breast cancer. Judah stayed very close to her and would lay his head on her lap when she sat down. He wouldn't leave her side. This is NOT Judah's normal behavior... he knew she was sick and was trying to comfort her. Our friend wasn't even petting him or really paying him any attention. He's done this with several other people too. Somehow he knows... and he feels compelled to try and help. It's very touching. He wasn't trained to do this... he just does it on his own.

He also is very aware of children and older people. He somehow knew even when he was a pup to be super gentle with kids and old people (I attribute that to the Golden Retriever in him, although it could be the Poodle too). Judah loves to play rough with me... but when a child or a senior citizen is around... he completely switches off his fun loving self and turns into almost like a parent. The gentleness he displays around the young and old is extremely noticeable.

So.... when my wife has certain clients come in... she has Judah in the salon waiting for them. It has done wonders for some of her clients and Judah really enjoys it too. My wife actually has clients who schedule their appointments now WITH Judah as the main priority.

Yesterday Judah went to the salon for one of her clients. This was not a serious problem for this particular client. The client's daughter has been terrified of getting her hair cut... she's very young. So Judah was added to the mix and the little girl's fears completely vanished. He solved the problem that her parents couldn't. Here's a couple of shots of them in the salon.

View attachment 39654

View attachment 39655

Definitely the golden retriever in him. I had a golden named Granger when I was four and he was a pup, and he knew to be gentle with my siblings, all of whom were younger than me.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
My wife owns her own hair salon. Some of her clients have special needs... it's very interesting to learn about some of them because some of the things people struggle with are things that I never knew existed. Some of the things are very serious and some are kinda minor.

Anyway... it was pointed out to us when Judah was just a pup that he has certain qualities that are highly sought after in service dogs. Our dog trainer was the person who told us. Judah really notices when something is wrong with people... even when he's meeting them for the 1st time. An example of that happened for us when a friend of ours stopped by the house. This

friend was going through chemo treatments for breast cancer. Judah stayed very close to her and would lay his head on her lap when she sat down. He wouldn't leave her side. This is NOT Judah's normal behavior... he knew she was sick and was trying to comfort her. Our friend wasn't even petting him or really paying him any attention. He's done this with several other people too. Somehow he knows... and he feels compelled to try and help. It's very touching. He wasn't trained to do this... he just does it on his own.

He also is very aware of

children and older people. He somehow knew even when he was a pup to be super gentle with kids and old people (I attribute that to the Golden Retriever in him, although it could be the Poodle too). Judah loves to play rough with me... but when a child or a senior citizen is around... he completely switches off his fun loving self and turns into almost like a parent. The gentleness he displays around the young and old is extremely noticeable.

So.... when my wife has certain clients come in... she has Judah in the salon waiting for them. It has done wonders for some of her clients and Judah really enjoys it too. My wife actually has clients who schedule their appointments now WITH Judah as the main priority.

Yesterday Judah went to the salon for one of her clients. This was not a serious problem for this particular client. The client's daughter has been terrified of getting her hair cut... she's very young. So Judah was added to the mix and the little girl's fears completely vanished. He solved the problem that her parents couldn't. Here's a couple of shots of them in the salon.

View attachment 39654

View attachment 39655
I use to raise breed very high end intelligent dogs.

My dogs always had 1 issue, get stupid,try to hurt a Child or me watch out.lol

But anyway to make this short,the look of your dog in the 1st pic tells everything imho.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Definitely the golden retriever in him. I had a golden named Granger when I was four and he was a pup, and he knew to be gentle with my siblings, all of whom were younger than me.
Goldens are Awesome dogs, maybe the best family dogs ever.

But imho poodles are smart, maybe 1 of the smartest.

Imho he's got a great mix.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
We just got this. One year old. Seems to be great with the kids and around the house in general so far, but it's been less that 4 hours. We'll see.
20201018_145501.jpg

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John

Anyway... it was pointed out to us when Judah was just a pup that he has certain qualities that are highly sought after in service dogs. Our dog trainer was the person who told us. Judah really notices when something is wrong with people... even when he's meeting them for the 1st time. An example of that happened for us when a friend of ours stopped by the house. This friend was going through chemo treatments for breast cancer. Judah stayed very close to her and would lay his head on her lap when she sat down. He wouldn't leave her side. This is NOT Judah's normal behavior... he knew she was sick and was trying to comfort her. Our friend wasn't even petting him or really paying him any attention. He's done this with several other people too. Somehow he knows... and he feels compelled to try and help. It's very touching. He wasn't trained to do this... he just does it on his own.

He also is very aware of children and older people. He somehow knew even when he was a pup to be super gentle with kids and old people (I attribute that to the Golden Retriever in him, although it could be the Poodle too). Judah loves to play rough with me... but when a child or a senior citizen is around... he completely switches off his fun loving self and turns into almost like a parent. The gentleness he displays around the young and old is extremely noticeable.

View attachment 39654

View attachment 39655
That is so freaking awesome!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Awww! Male or female?
I hope this is directed at me. If it's not, I'm sorry. He's a male and I just realized that if you zoom in really close you can tell in that photo.

I haven't been able to fool him once playing fetch. Which is both cool and disappointing.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I hope this is directed at me. If it's not, I'm sorry. He's a male and I just realized that if you zoom in really close you can tell in that photo.

I haven't been able to fool him once playing fetch. Which is both cool and disappointing.

That's directed at your dog. What's his name?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
That's directed at your dog. What's his name?
Leo. We have discovered over the last 2 days that he is, in fact, a good boy. Very gentle with the kids. Very smart. Very loving. Won't leave my side unless there's food out outside involved.

And what I meant was that because I can't see everybody's posts, and I see plenty of posts replying to people I can't see, I wasn't sure if you were replying to my post or to someone I couldn't see. So I was hoping that post was directed at me while the question was clearly about my dog.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We just got this. One year old. Seems to be great with the kids and around the house in general so far, but it's been less that 4 hours. We'll see.View attachment 40100
Come on @Memento can't you see the lipstick?

Is it a Chesapeake? We had a mix that was Chesapeake, chocolate lab, and German Shorthair. I hope yours is better than that one. My wife was an office administrator. She had lots of shoes to go with her business outfits. One night that dog chewed up the left shoe of EVERY pair she had. She had to wear a pair of my shoes and buy new ones at lunch.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Come on @Memento can't you see the lipstick?

Is it a Chesapeake? We had a mix that was Chesapeake, chocolate lab, and German Shorthair. I hope yours is better than that one. My wife was an office administrator. She had lots of shoes to go with her business outfits. One night that dog chewed up the left shoe of EVERY pair she had. She had to wear a pair of my shoes and buy new ones at lunch.
Just a chocolate lab as far as I know. We bought him from some people who make bad decisions about life. Husband in the army, 2 dogs, a cat, wife >5 months pregnant. Decided to get a puppy. Baby is 7 months old and now they realized that's a lot of shit going on and can't handle the now 1 year old dog.

No papers or anything. Just a dog. He's pretty damn good. As the kids these days would say, he's "a heckin good boi". I don't think he's going to chew shoes or anything. At least I hope not.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Most dogs are great. I have had mostly GREAT experiences with Labs. He's certainly a good looking pup.

Cheers!

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Props to all that rescue,give older dogs a home.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I had a dog a few years ago I was told was "half shepherd/half lab". Pretty damn sure that dog was all australian kelpie. Looked exactly like one. Hella rambunctious. Straight line everywhere. We couldn't keep drinks on the coffee table because she would go over it every time.

That dog was an asshole. Very loving, but no respect for anything and too much energy for us at the time. That last part is on us, not her fault. In comparison, Leo is amazing. I still miss her though.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Y'all are not going to believe this...but my youngest sister (not the older younger one who has a pit for a pet) bought a new kitten...and she somehow taught him the commands "sit" and "stay". Yeah. A kitten. (His name is Ymir after a Norse god.) I'd share the video, but I don't know how to get iPhone pictures/videos on here.

Also, Destiny went inside a tent for camping in my folks' backyard (for the nephew. There's a picture of that on my iPhone.) She went back inside immediately. Can't blame her for wanting to be an indoors cat after what she went through as a kitten.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Y'all are not going to believe this...but my youngest sister (not the older younger one who has a pit for a pet) bought a new kitten...and she somehow taught him the commands "sit" and "stay". Yeah. A kitten. (His name is Ymir after a Norse god.) I'd share the video, but I don't know how to get iPhone pictures/videos on here.

Also, Destiny went inside a tent for camping in my folks' backyard (for the nephew. There's a picture of that on my iPhone.) She went back inside immediately. Can't blame her for wanting to be an indoors cat after what she went through as a kitten.
Wait. Does it wag its tail, greet you at the door, show endearing love? This thread is called "My DOG Rocks". Start some kitty thread for this shit. ;)