Most glaring need

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What is the single biggest area of need going into the draft?

• OT

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • IOL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DT

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Edge

Votes: 71 74.0%
  • MLB

• DB

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • WR

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • RB

• TE

• QB

• Total voters

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
… wouldn't that be worth two 1sts?
No.

Stafford, Kupp and Rob are getting older and will need replacing over the next year or three.

Higbee is coming off a major injury and will also be getting up there in terms of age.

Our newly-recruited cornerbacks are old and/or injury prone.

Our DL needs refreshing.

Our pass rush, Young excepted, would benefit from more depth.

Our secondary is generally less than inspiring.

To summarise, we need to maximise our draft capital over the next few years.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I didn't see Kicker on that list

but I'm going to go with Kicker

HC6KGE-Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk-Hardcore-Fans-Of-The-Three-Stooges-Need-To-Know-These-Facts-THREE-LITTLE-PIGSKINS-1024x790.jpg.pro-cmg.jpg

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
If we knew one of these guys would only do half that, wouldn't that be worth two 1sts?
When we have so many other needs? No.

Pace, Ogden and Jones combined couldn’t have compensated for our crappy linebackers and cornerbacks.

Joe Alt certainly won’t.

dang

Legend
The same. I don't expect this to be his last year, but, with what we currently have on defense, we aren't getting him another ring this year. The premium draft capital should be used in that regard, IMO.
Again. The Draft is not the final source of talent this year. There will be cuts to assess and if there is early success a trade before deadline is always in play for the Rams. I also think adding someone like CCampbell as a bridge player this year is an option. Last year Turner was a real find and Young showed potential but was hardly an overall difference maker.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I have to say, even though I think Edge is the biggest need, especially since it’s actually worse now than when the season ended, I don’t necessarily think it has to be fixed in the 1rst round.

Braswell in the 2nd could be a home run. He was supposed to show improvement last year and start turning the corner—he did. I believe he has more upside than the big three slated to go in the 1rst. He’s not as proven, maybe, but I doubt he’s maxed out. I would be ok if the Rams drafted someone else in the first and came back with Braswell in the 2nd.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
One could argue OT is a huge need.

AJ is in the last yr of his deal and will the Rams be able to pay him starting LT money when their cap situation next yr is very tight as of right now? And do they want to pay him big money?

Havenstein may have only a few yrs left at best. Who knows he may want to retire in a year.

Noteboom is likley gone next yr as well.

So all 3 starting caliber OTs on the team could be gone next yr. Leaving only Acurie, if he even makes the team this year, and McClendon, who might be nothing more than a 3rd OG and emergency swing OT.

So OT should not surprise anyone if at least one is drafted early.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I have to say, even though I think Edge is the biggest need, especially since it’s actually worse now than when the season ended, I don’t necessarily think it has to be fixed in the 1rst round.

Braswell in the 2nd could be a home run. He was supposed to show improvement last year and start turning the corner—he did. I believe he has more upside than the big three slated to go in the 1rst. He’s not as proven, maybe, but I doubt he’s maxed out. I would be ok if the Rams drafted someone else in the first and came back with Braswell in the 2nd.
Agree. Braswell would be a hell of a 2nd round pick. I'm just doubting he lasts until our pick.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Agree. Braswell would be a hell of a 2nd round pick. I'm just doubting he lasts until our pick.
Agree. We have spent so much time dwelling on the 1rst round, but there is a LOT of talent between #19 and #52. I would much rather see the Rams move up in the 2nd than the 1rst.

Once we get through the 1rst rounders where half the players (mostly QBs) we don’t even want the Rams to draft, we’re gonna start wincing when several names get called who we WANTED the Rams to draft.

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
I really enjoy all the passionate takes on the draft and glad we can (mostly, usually) keep it civil. Like several stated above, any one season's draft is not just for the immediate upcoming season but also for several down the road as well. I hate the idea of giving up next year's draft capital unless you see as near a can't-miss prospect as possible (if such a thing exists).

I feel like we have a lot of needs, especially on defense. Yes, an elite LT would be awesome, as would a true deep threat WR1. However, I also remember the frustration on the Game Day threads last season when another team would methodically march down the field without us getting near their qb and the inevitable secondary lapses that would give up a big third down play. We play in a tough division with teams that play physically up front, especially the Whiners.

I think our offense, as is, looks pretty solid. There is always room for improvement, sure, but with a talented qb, upgraded O line, and several weapons already, and with more being possibly still added in later rounds (RB2, another WR, etc.), I think that side looks capable of a strong run. But can you really say the same about the defense? Young, Turner, and Jones have talent and potential to be even better, and perhaps Curl helps, but the rest are marginal and depth is also an issue.

I like the idea of trading down 3-4 spots for an extra 3rd or 4th, if this draft goes offense-heavy. Possibly Murphy, Newton, Cooper, or even Verse/Latu would still be there, especially if there's a run on qbs. Then you would have the flexibility to trade up in the 2nd, or just keep those picks and use them for CB, DL, or even a WR or developmental OL.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
However, I also remember the frustration on the Game Day threads last season when another team would methodically march down the field without us getting near their qb and the inevitable secondary lapses that would give up a big third down play.
I think our 10-7 and postseason finish made me forget how many teams marched down the field with their opening drives for 7. That was ugly and rough indeed.